Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

• 2 weeks later...

Jon jones flagged for possible PED. Hunt vs Brock is main event now.

Did you see that is was a PED? Everything I am seeing just says "a potential doping violation." So I guess it could be a PED, or the ever popular "drug of abuse." Unless you have seen something different.

I guess at the end of the day, it does not matter, but I would just be curious given his past and everything he has been saying about being clean.

Edited by lovetoaster

Ugh.  Hence why I never pre-pay for a card until the day of.  It puts me in a real dilemma now because the card overall is still good and stacked and I will definitely still be watching it.  However, I think it's gone from shelling out $60 of my own dollars to spending about $25 on dinner & drinks at Buffalo Wild Wings.

So disappointed right now.

There have been some mumblings for quite some time about Bones Jone's testosterone levels being a bit suspicious but I figured since he had never failed a test for THAT, it was just coincidence.  I guess not. 

why do i even bother with this "sport"?

Stick with it man. It's still in it's infancy when it comes to growth and being on this level.  Stuff like this are growing pains.  People demanded MMA clean up the sport and they are doing it.  Unfortunately you are going to have fighters try to buck the system just like any other sport.  It is spotlighted more in MMA because it is an individual sport, unlike say MLB where for example Melky Cabrera goes out and gets popped for PEDs and the SF Giants go out and win the World Series anyway w/o him despite him being a huge part of their success in the regular season that year. 

What is going on now in the short term is good for the long term growth.  We just happen to be the generation co-existing with the implementation.

• Like 1

situations like Jones are pretty much unavoidable. that goes to personal responsibility and Jones has proven that he has none, but when combined with all the other bull**** that goes in the UFC, its tiring

fighters stuck with a reebok deal that robs them

undeserving fighters get title shots on a whim

fights we want seemingly dont get made

dana white is a ****ing child

i literally hate everything about the fight game except the actual fights

situations like Jones are pretty much unavoidable. that goes to personal responsibility and Jones has proven that he has none, but when combined with all the other bull**** that goes in the UFC, its tiring

fighters stuck with a reebok deal that robs them

undeserving fighters get title shots on a whim

fights we want seemingly dont get made

dana white is a ****ing child

i literally hate everything about the fight game except the actual fights

Yeah to be honest, UFC is a big part of the MMA problem.  They have done a lot to make the sport grow and in a lot of ways have helped make it what it is today, but there is no getting around how shady they operate their business.  Then again, as a huge boxing fan I am no stranger to these kinds of things.

• Like 1