Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the dorkiest Redskins related thing you do?

RedskinsFan72

I watch most games alone, I use to invite people (non Redskin Fans) over for some games but they thought it was a big social hour. RiggoDrill and I will hook up for a couple of games a year he is one of the few people I can watch Redskin Games with.

Last season I wore my Clinton Portis Jersey to work on Causal Friday from the second Dallas Game until the Seahawk Playoff Game.

When I watch games most of the time I will wear the same jersey the team wears.

This year I will wear my Monte Coleman Jersey for the season opener because that is what I wore last season for the opener.

For the away games (I have season tix) I watch in my living room on my projector. At critical moments I can not remain seated and must try to predict the next play. For scores or a good play on D, I run around the island in the kitchen - out onto the deck, and celebrate. For bad plays, I run out to the deck and scream. I have a townhouse where the decks are right next to each other, so needless to say - the "non football" fans that happen to be sitting on their decks at the time become startled very quickly.

I do basically the same thing at FEDEX...I just fit in with all the others that are obsessed with Redskins football. How long until the opener?

Hmmmm....

At my last job my two managers were Cowboys fans. Two on one constantly. In order to break them down I had to put up a Redskin beach towel in my cube along with printouts of the logo and helmets.

My fishing buddy puts dog redskin jersey's on his gold retrievers and makes them sit in the living room every defensive down. He calls them the all dog defense, hahaha

If the Redskins are doing well I will stay in that same position I am sitting or standing until they start to struggle, only then will I move.

Yeah same here.. I refuse to get up. Stupid friends took me out for the Seatlle game.. Needless to say they are no longer my friends... :laugh:

When the season starts,my glass has no ice in it. For every Field Goal, Touchdown, Safety we score throughout the season I add one ice cube to my glass.

:dallasuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck

you won't have any room for soda this year.

Hmm. Do you think that if we all pool our money, we can send your parents on a nice...um...August September October November December January February...7-month vacation, preferably very far from home? I guess it could just be a 6-month vacation; the preseason games aren't very important.

the thing is they just cant be inside the house.. working outside in the lawn is fine

I'm sure glad that there are 59 other dorks before me before I confess. :laugh:

I lay my outfit (Jersey, redskins shorts, redskin socks, redskins visor) on my lazy boy like its watching the game. At church I turn into a back row baptist during football season. I am easily the first one out of church ( I even beat the blue hairs out) so I only miss a few minutes of the start.

When I walk in the house the game is already being tivo'd so I rush to get the game on. :applause:

Okay here is my thing, other than coming here all the time ;) ( I really love and appreciate ES and all you guys and gals, I'm sorry if I ever piss you off I don't mean too, I'm just passionate.)

When I am watching a game on TV and the Skins are struggling I go outside and smoke a cigarette and listen on my "magic" radio.

It helps them do better - I consider myself an integral part of the "5 in a row or we don't go" streak. :laugh: :doh:

crap... quit smoking in FEB, not sure how I'm gonna handle the season... prob chew my freakin' fingers off. :(

Post on this board, scream at the TV and come up with new and interesting combination of explitives (Dad is an ex-marine - I had a good teacher).

But nothing compared to this guy at TRAINING CAMP! He...painted his face...FOR TRAINING CAMP!

Wow this turned out pretty well.

Since everyone has been so honest, I have 2 more additions:

chess.JPG

Your eyes do not deceive you, I bought a Redskins vs Dallas chess set to decorate my computer room

cooley_bear.JPG

My GF got this for me from Build A Bear. She named him Cooley, he has a ROAR when you squeeze his hand. I display him proudly :point2sky

I watch most games alone, I use to invite people (non Redskin Fans) over for some games but they thought it was a big social hour. RiggoDrill and I will hook up for a couple of games a year he is one of the few people I can watch Redskin Games with.

Last season I wore my Clinton Portis Jersey to work on Causal Friday from the second Dallas Game until the Seahawk Playoff Game.

When I watch games most of the time I will wear the same jersey the team wears.

This year I will wear my Monte Coleman Jersey for the season opener because that is what I wore last season for the opener.

Where did you get all those flags?

I don't have any pregame rituals. I do yell and scream a lot especially when things are going bad. I can't eat ANYTHING during a game. too nervous. I don't wear any special Redskins attire, but last year during the streak, I kept wearing a "palm beach" sweatshirt and never washed it until we lost at Seattle.

I also hate to watch games with other friends and family. I can only watch with my Mom (and she gets on my nerves sometimes). And don't even think about talking to me for at least 1 hr after a loss.

My mom actually has 2 rituals. She never watches the opening kickoff and she sings "stars and stripes forever" when Hall attempts a field goal.

I play Video football games to take the Redskins to the Superbowl. I cannot play with any other team.

Don't really have any rituals or superstitions though. Just pretty much don't go a day without thinking about the Redskins in some fashion or another. I actually think I am too obsessed.

If someone asks me to get them a beer, I hike from in between my legs. Conversely, if someone gets me a beer a make them hike it to me...except I say things supercool like "Blue 42, Blue 42".

Also, I've been keeping up with every development of the offseason...talking about it with people who do not care...but I pretend they do to make myself feel better.

lets see, and some other members here can vouch for this, but during the Redskins @ Seahawks playoff game, I was soo pissed off that we were losing, I started trying to rile my crowd up. Finally I started chanting "Faith, Fait, Faith,...". Some people joined in, next thing (either Cooley or Moss) get that long reception. Everyone else joins in, we score a td (I know it was Cooley or Moss, I mix up who did which part). Well, for the rest of the game, we all kept chanting Faith in hopes that something good will happen.

Other than that, I try to sit in the same spot, play HTTR after any score and a victory, wear a jersey in a row if that jersey won the previous week, and I ALWAYS wear my Samuels jersey the Monday after a win.

the biggest thing for me, is probably just having to watch the game by myself, or with me friends(ones that are skins fans as well). I have learned over the years that I cant watch the games with my parents, but my mom just gets way overdramatic, and yells at wierd times, and my dad is a huge pecimist(spelling?). Its almost relaxing for me to just watch the game alone

I am about the same. Either I watch alone or with other 'Skins fans. The last time I watched with a big group was the SuperBowl with the Raiders. After Allen's long TD run, I got up and shouted "I can't take it no more!" and walked out of our SB party that I was co-hosting with some college roomates. All guys were just devasted at the loss and all the women thought it was funny. As my friend pointed out to me later, women are different than us. Not better, not worse, just different. Anyway, I never want to go through that again. Hence, no non die hard Redskins fans allowed.

i kick the family out ... IE..... i hand money to the kids then the wife and then the wife again ..... and the wife again... then i send them out to the mall and lunch... then i get the stuffed leather helmet i won out of a novelty machine < yes one of a kind!!... esp in this area!> and i squeeze it when we have the ball out of nervousness and i used to tend to throw it at the screen when someone gets a penalty or spurrier would call a bad play...... now i dont throw it as much and then when our defense is out i tend to bash it between my clapping hands making a really cool slapping sound when i see washington or taylor bash the **** outta someone.

if we win i call the wife and tell her to pick us something nice up and when we lose i tell her to go ahead and take her time ... use the credit card!!!

im so glad joe is back :D !!!!!!!!

Archived