Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the dorkiest Redskins related thing you do?

RedskinsFan72

Last year after seeing the team off from Redskins Park before the Seattle playoff game, I was adjacent to the HOV lane, and I look to my left and noticed the Redskins team buses heading to the airport. So I picked up my GO SKINS sign that Comcast gave out, and pressed it up against the window. I got waves from The Danny, Brunell, Cooley, Moss and Griffin. I also nearly ran off the road.

same clothing for game day... every single piece of clothing

same lunch (turkey sub from subway)

if its primetime i have turkey for both lunch and dinner

and i use same return channel... espn

I'm sure Subway appreciates that. Maybe you could replace Jared? :D

My girlfriend bought me a burgundy wristband from Best Buy. I think it was part of a hurricane relief fundraiser. Anyway, I started wearing it and all of the sudden a streak was born. I vowed never to take it off -even for showers. After The 2nd Cowboy game I Was in Best Buy and the I saw an entire bin of gold wristbands. I then became 2 times the geek I was before. There's Nothing more awkward in a corporate setting than having to explain the signifiance of colored wristbands. Whatever...it was worth seeing 6 straight wins.

Great thread! :)

I haven't experienced things of this sort for the 'Skins yet, obviously, but I do get quite superstitious as seasons roll along, particularly if they involve the possibility of, or the playing of, playoffs and/or post-season play, particularly for the Red Sox and Patriots. (It doesn't really "kick in" early in most seasons, though...) :)

CarrollsMine99.

I don't have any set pattern per se, but I do become a bit of a control freak about where and with whom I watch a game. I become very stressed out during games, especially if they are losing, which sometimes results in several rounds of bourbon. (Or me lying on the floor during a particuarlly painful loss.) And God forbid if one of my "trusted" friends ever made negative comments. I actually kicked a friend out of my house one time (he is a Ravens fan) when he was making chuckling remarks during an Eagles - 'Skins game. ("Haha, you guys suck." "LEAVE, NOW!") We won the game, and I called him immediately afterwards to apologize and explain my zealous behaviour. But, since I become so entralled and into the game, I usually prefer my basement where I have beer, whiskey, and such, friends, the T.V., and everything I need to enjoy (or despair) during the game: It is my "safe zone."

Well, I also do have a number of Redskins nicknacks around, so that always appears odd to those people who just don't understand!

the biggest thing for me, is probably just having to watch the game by myself, or with me friends(ones that are skins fans as well). I have learned over the years that I cant watch the games with my parents, but my mom just gets way overdramatic, and yells at wierd times, and my dad is a huge pecimist(spelling?). Its almost relaxing for me to just watch the game alone

the biggest thing for me, is probably just having to watch the game by myself, or with me friends(ones that are skins fans as well). I have learned over the years that I cant watch the games with my parents, but my mom just gets way overdramatic, and yells at wierd times, and my dad is a huge pecimist(spelling?). Its almost relaxing for me to just watch the game alone

MY dad is also a big time pesimist. He is a die hard fan too but I cant watch it with him bc he has so many comments on what they should do and what they are doing wrong hahaha. Its funny to think about now but when the games are actually on it is not funny at all.

Not so much me, but last year, my great grandnephew was born the week before the 6-0 streak started. He wore a Redskins onsie home from the hospital, wore that onsie for every game. Except the Seattle game. He had it on before the game started and spit up on it, so we had to change him.

Enough said about that ;)

good i thought it was my fault....didnt have my socks

i am glad this thread was posted...i need to have my wife read it so she knows i am not the only nut!!!!! 3 years ago i moved to SC first time out of the skins tv area...i thought to myself ehh just go to a sports bar.... spurrier game 1 @ATL....we won but it started off ruff there was this little twit there rooting for ATL and he about drove me nuts, never again i have had direct tv<--the greatest and sunday ticket ever since....its cool cuz i also get comcast so i can watch postgame live which has gotten old thank to the douchebag twins mitchell and czabin. also my wife didnt enjoy spending her birthday dinner at the sports bar........whats the deal with mitchell always on portis' case....green eyed monster IMO...jerk

I think spending ungodly amounts of time on this website during the dead of the offseason is pretty dorky, but hey, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love this place. So I'm a dork, I admit.

Besides that.......let's see.

Singing Hail to the Redskins in the shower.

Not washing my lucky Redskins sweatshirt during the season.

Painting my bedroom burgundy.

Talkin' smack to schmucks who have the nerve to walk through my city wearing an opposing jersey.

It's not love, it's an obsession.

Gotta be fact that I cannot allow Skins and that "D" team co-exsist in a store. For instance, if the shirts are on the same rack, I will move all the Skin shirts to another rack, not ever touching the contaminated jerseys. No one has ever say anything, but they look at me like I am crazy. I probably should have read others' strange behaviors before adding mine, cuz my family is ashamed to be seen with me, but yeah, that is the dorkiest.:laugh:

I forgot this until I read about someone else's frosty mug. Mine stays in the freezer the WHOLE off season!! Worked last year, didn't it???

Gotta be fact that I cannot allow Skins and that "D" team co-exsist in a store. For instance, if the shirts are on the same rack, I will move all the Skin shirts to another rack, not ever touching the contaminated jerseys. No one has ever say anything, but they look at me like I am crazy. I probably should have read others' strange behaviors before adding mine, cuz my family is ashamed to be seen with me, but yeah, that is the dorkiest.:laugh:

That's a nice one. My only question is, why would any store be selling any of the contaminated jerseys from that "d" team? Shouldn't the store just burn those jerseys? Can't we call the Better Business Bureau or something and have those stores shut down? I mean, why does the federal gov't have a "Department of Commerce" if they are not going to put a stop to this kind of thing? This country needs to have some standards for what is and is not acceptable to put up for sale in public.

same here... last year when my parents were not home washington was incredicle 6-0.. when home, 4-6..

Hmm. Do you think that if we all pool our money, we can send your parents on a nice...um...August September October November December January February...7-month vacation, preferably very far from home? I guess it could just be a 6-month vacation; the preseason games aren't very important.

If it's a home game, I guess the dorkiest thing I do is routinely leave insanely early for the game. I generally leave my house at 7 AM for a 1 PM kickoff. The drive takes 40 minutes. I'm usually the first person at the gate, sometimes the second, occasionally the third.

If it's an away game and I'm watching on TV, I have a bad habit of screaming "GET THE BALL!!!" really loud when there's a fumble and stuff like that. If there are babies nearby, they start crying. I can't help it. It's totally involuntary. It just comes out.

I have a couple of things.

When I watch the game at home I stand up and sing the full version of Hail to the Redskins after every score (complete with hand clapping and fist pump).

A couple of years ago my wife was outside working in the yard during a game. She had to come inside and shut the windows due to me yelling at the TV...she said I was embarassing her :point2sky

Archived