Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the dorkiest Redskins related thing you do?

RedskinsFan72

Let's face it, anyone who is REALLY into anything goes a little overboard sometimes. They do things others would find pretty odd.

Personally, whenever the Redskins win, you wont see me drinking a beer without my Redskins beer bottle or can coozie.

But what I realized was even dorkier than that... when I go to the gym I always use locker #47 for Cooley.

So let's hear it, fess up ... what Redskins related thing do you do that anyone else would roll their eyes at?

If the Redskins are doing well I will stay in that same position I am sitting or standing until they start to struggle, only then will I move.

Also I will admit that I have cried over Redskins games before. There was a period of time when the losing just got rediculously out of hand. I was alot younger but I did it.

I have to have an immaculately clean house the saturday night before the game so as to "balance" the Redskin's offense, defense and special teams.

Also, when they are on offense I have to continually sniff my pillow...when they are on defense I have to put the pillow down and put my right fist into my left hand.

My "football station" has to be set up perfectly...remote straight and parralel...fantasy spread sheets neat and spread out...my soda has to have 7 ice cubes and be full after each drink.

Go ahead and commit me...lol

I take this very serious!

If the Redskins are doing well I will stay in that same position I am sitting or standing until they start to struggle, only then will I move.

Also I will admit that I have cried over Redskins games before. There was a period of time when the losing just got rediculously out of hand. I was alot younger but I did it.

I am usually pissed off to the fullest extent when we lose, especially the games when we have the game full in hand, and then we end up losing....I get furious!

same here... last year when my parents were not home washington was incredicle 6-0.. when home, 4-6..

I prefer to watch the Skins alone until the game is over and we have won. Then I like to hit up the sports bar to discuss football. In fla i dont usually have the luxury of watching it alone but when I can I do. Watching it with other people gets on my nerves bc I cant scream yell run around act like a mad man. Plus they always have comments that are irrelevant or rediculous....you know how fans of "other" nfl teams talk.

Amen, I was flossing my teeth, I had the cleanest teeth in the world the next day :laugh:.

I also have to have everything set up. Cup filled with ice and a 2 L bottle of pepsi next to it, chips and dip.

Oh and I prefer to watch it alone or with friends, never strangers. Kind of go nuts.

Jeez -- I feel like I'm at an AA meeting... :D

Well, my brother and I, after each Redskins touchdown, play "Hail To The Redskins" on our cell phones at the same time and dance around the room in front of our family.

My brother also has rules at his house for watching the game:

No one can walk in front of the set while a play is going on. His kids either walk through the kitchen the long way or they crawl under the TV screen...

Amen, I was flossing my teeth, I had the cleanest teeth in the world the next day :laugh:.

I also have to have everything set up. Cup filled with ice and a 2 L bottle of pepsi next to it, chips and dip.

Oh and I prefer to watch it alone or with friends, never strangers. Kind of go nuts.

I hate watching the games with people other than my brother since he doesn't really make any comments about the game. If someone talks too much, or says something negative, I'll probably go to another room to watch the game. It's hard enough to deal with something like a turnover, but it's harder when the guy next to you says "Geez, that guy sucks"

The dorkiest thing would probably be after 1 or 2 seaons of madden as the redskins, i stop playing and simulate whole seasons and try to see if the skins win the superbowl... if they do i'm happy, if they lose I actually get pissed cuz i have to redo the whole season.

Okay here is my thing, other than coming here all the time ;) ( I really love and appreciate ES and all you guys and gals, I'm sorry if I ever piss you off I don't mean too, I'm just passionate.)

When I am watching a game on TV and the Skins are struggling I go outside and smoke a cigarette and listen on my "magic" radio.

It helps them do better - I consider myself an integral part of the "5 in a row or we don't go" streak. :laugh: :doh:

Not so much me, but last year, my great grandnephew was born the week before the 6-0 streak started. He wore a Redskins onsie home from the hospital, wore that onsie for every game. Except the Seattle game. He had it on before the game started and spit up on it, so we had to change him.

Enough said about that ;)

1. Hang out here

2. I play Madden that week atleast once against our upcoming opponent.

3. In my dorm room last year I would angle my bed so that I could lay on it and rest my feet on my desk and watch the game. Best position ever. Also I always prefered that my roomates be gone. I love my bro's to death, but one is a Panther/Raider fan (I'll never understand having 2 favorite teams equally) and the other a Saints fan!

4. I have to have ESPN's gamecast up on my laptop.

I have to have an immaculately clean house the saturday night before the game so as to "balance" the Redskin's offense, defense and special teams.

Also, when they are on offense I have to continually sniff my pillow...when they are on defense I have to put the pillow down and put my right fist into my left hand.

My "football station" has to be set up perfectly...remote straight and parralel...fantasy spread sheets neat and spread out...my soda has to have 7 ice cubes and be full after each drink.

can you say OCD haha

Serioulsy, I thought I was the only person who could do this. Minus the pillow sniffing, of course and I only put 4 ice cubes in my soda. If they commit you then I guess I have to go too. Might as well put all the Skin crazies together. lol.. :laugh:

Archived