Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you prove God exists???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If not, why do you believe in him? Not going to generalize, but the majority of people that I know that believe in God believe him, well, blindly. A lot of he said, she said, there's no other way. Can any of you really even prove God exists? Can anyone? If not, why believe in him so blindly?

*Do take into account the number of people killed over what they believe or don't believe...

If not, why do you believe in him? Not going to generalize, but the majority of people that I know that believe in God believe him, well, blindly. A lot of he said, she said, there's no other way. Can any of you really even prove God exists? Can anyone? If not, why believe in him so blindly?

*Do take into account the number of people killed over what they believe or don't believe...

PROVE THAT HE DOESNT!

So there. Harumph.

In the (semi-edited) words of Old Ben Kenobi:

"God...God....Now there's a name I've not heard in quite some time..."

(So you know him?)

"Of course I know him....He's me."

Sorry, hate to break it to y'all, but yep. I'm god. And y'all are screwed. :laugh:

Is that the same answer you give your kids?

Yes.....

Summerized

G1-1: In the beginning GOD....( that's all I need )

R1-20: Summerized: Jesus is dead, so no man can say prove it....because he did....Just because he didn't in YOUR time doesn't mean it didn't happen

What else do you need?......God already gave all the info we need for this life......I don't need to see some miracle to believe....the miracle is life itself.....

Too many things in my life have happened to me that can be explained by no other reason then God

3 religions would not last thousands of years without divine intervention. An illiterate man in the desert would not suddenly be able to read without God.

Too much has happened to chalk it up to coincidence

oy vey!

Now I know why the older members never got into the God threads when I was. This topic gets stale after a while, even for the militant atheists.

Good. Another round wichoo and I was gonna nail myself to a tree. :doh: :laugh:

Too many things in my life have happened to me that can be explained by no other reason then God

3 religions would not last thousands of years without divine intervention. An illiterate man in the desert would not suddenly be able to read without God.

still no avatar huh?

Yes.....

Summerized

G1-1: In the beginning GOD....( that's all I need )

R1-20: Summerized: Jesus is dead, so no man can say prove it....because he did....

What else do you need?......God already gave all the info we need for this life......I don't need to see some miracle to believe....the miracle is life itself.....

What else do I need? A reason to follow anyone or anything blindly without question. I got so tired of the bible because it kept coming back to "follow me to the promised land; trust me". The idea that we should put everything that matters to us in this world second to God merely because a book says it's the right thing to do doesn't make sense to me. Not even God's perfect, even he makes human mistakes (given there even is a God).

Prime example: Great Flood. 2 of every species, yet there are 3000 species of insect alone. Not to mention the "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, he's a rainbow, I'll never do it again. I MADE A MISTAKE, I'M SORRY". If we don't question anything, what's to seperate us from any other animal on the planet?

What else do I need? A reason to follow anyone or anything blindly without question. I got so tired of the bible because it kept coming back to "follow me to the promised land; trust me". The idea that we should put everything that matters to us in this world second to God merely because a book says it's the right thing to do doesn't make sense to me. Not even God's perfect, even he makes human mistakes (given there even is a God).

Prime example: Great Flood. 2 of every species, yet there are 3000 species of insect alone. Not to mention the "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, he's a rainbow, I'll never do it again. I MADE A MISTAKE, I'M SORRY". If we don't question anything, what's to seperate us from any other animal on the planet?

You have a very superficial knowledge of the Bible.

naaa see.....that's your problem right there.....

#1 you never studied how large the Ark was......by Biblical calculations of the ark and simple math today it is easily proven that all the creatures fit on there with PLENTY of room......not to mention the animals came to noah....( so he didn't go on a bug hunt )

#2 The Flood wasn't a "oopps I messed up so I'll hit the backspace button" it was "you took your free will for granted and now I will take it from you."

Divine intervention? I was thinking more along the lines of forced conversion, ie. early America's colonization. Divine right to rule given to kings using the church to control the people, not to mention theocracy comes to mind. Religion seems more about control then saving people or leading them.

Archived