Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you prove God exists???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I hate to state the obvious...but....

the bible was written by???

and the translation you read is done by????

So what makes Genesis true?

Would you quote a Harry Potter novel?

Just saying :D

Not that I am not a believer.

How about if I quote the book of Morman? Quaran?

Many people.....If you REALLY wanna know PM me.....

Many people in modern day

Because God said so

Yes, HP rules

Quote it....I've got one sitting right here to make sure you aren't BS'in' us.....

Okay, so basically there is no point to this debate as you can simply prove God exists by saying 'well, he said he did.'

Guess i'm done here. :ciao:

See this is the whole basis (read: scam) behind religion.

It is impossible to prove that a omnipotent being made a mistake.

Even as mans understanding of the physical world has changed, God's been right the whole time. :whoknows:

The movie contact had a good segment that I thought would be appropriate

[Ellie challenges Palmer to prove the existence of God]

Palmer Joss: Did you love your father?

Ellie Arroway: What?

Palmer Joss: Your dad. Did you love him?

Ellie Arroway: Yes, very much.

Palmer Joss: Prove it.

DISPROVE IT!

So there. Harumph.

Many people.....If you REALLY wanna know PM me.....

Many people in modern day

Because God said so

Yes, HP rules

Quote it....I've got one sitting right here to make sure you aren't BS'in' us.....

Many People quote the book of mormon.

If I were born in uncivilized area of say Africa with no access to the Christian world and I worshiped my God....would I be punished for not knowing of the Bible??

Many People quote the book of mormon.

If I were born in uncivilized area of say Africa with no access to the Christian world and I worshiped my God....would I be punished for not knowing of the Bible??

Nope.....God can see through to your heart and know wheather or not you would believe if you were in another location/......Besides were all graded on the same scale.......We all will get the degree of Heaven or HELL we deserve :cool:

God = "I don't know and I can't explain" .

Can you understand why such an answer is hardly a satisfying or convincing one to so many people?

not everyone is suppose to believe, Im not a member of any of the three great confessions but at the same time I dont try to undermine them or destroy them.

No one can prove he exists as a tangible thing.

No one. He exists only as (religious) faith. To some faith means everything to them. It has a very strong mental connection. To others, faith is no more than a word in the dictionary.

You just can't mix beliefs like this -- so deal with it. If they're happy with their belief system, who are you to question it? Does it matter if they could be wrong? If you think being "correct" matters in regards to religion, you're missing the whole point of having a general sense of purpose. Athiests find this by themselves (I have). Other people find it through the bible. Thats just the way it is.

Everyone doesn't have the same beliefs. You're trying to mix water with oil. It doesn't work.

God = "I don't know and I can't explain" .

Can you understand why such an answer is hardly a satisfying or convincing one to so many people?

That's not your problem.....if God wanted you to know everything he would had Moses pass it on....instead he told him that this is everything you need to know for this lifetime......

simple....

Either you believe or you don't.......I like the idea of making the right choice before it's too late......some don't......

I think the burden of proof lies on the followers of the imaginary sky god. Actually, where the Bible or the Koran makes statements about the physical world, both so called divinely-inspired sources of truth get their facts plain wrong.

Sorry turbo, you're victim of an awful interpretation.........no where in 8:21 does he apologize.......

try again......

You don't have to say you're sorry to show you've made a mistake. If there is a God, that passage shows more then anything his regret in creating us, on top of saying he'll never do it again. The guys pretty merciless in the new testement, so to me, that's about as close to saying I'm sorry with saying I'm sorry as we're going to get. Trust me, he's sorry he had to nearly wipe us out to try and save us, because he knows we're a lost cause.

Archived