Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you prove God exists???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No one can prove he exists as a tangible thing.

No one. He exists only as (religious) faith. To some faith means everything to them. It has a very strong mental connection. To others, faith is no more than a word in the dictionary.

You just can't mix beliefs like this -- so deal with it. If they're happy with their belief system, who are you to question it? Does it matter if they could be wrong? If you think being "correct" matters in regards to religion, you're missing the whole point of having a general sense of purpose. Athiests find this by themselves (I have). Other people find it through the bible. Thats just the way it is.

Everyone doesn't have the same beliefs. You're trying to mix water with oil. It doesn't work.

this is correct, unfortunately the duty of message board poster that are better than thous is that they must win. Whats creepy is that some people do this in real life, I get the winning the internet battle cause it takes little effort but the actual taking a fight like this to streets is one big cannibal that only eats himself and cant eat another bite.

Either you believe or you don't.......I like the idea of making the right choice before it's too late......some don't......

Of course, with more than ten thousand major religions throughout history, chances are you backed the wrong horse. :laugh:

Let's face it Bryce, you dismiss outright belief in ten thousand other religions. Statistically, you're as much an atheist as I am. :D

Can anyone really prove that they themselves really exist?

If I get a baseball bat and crack your skull open, doesn't that prove I exist? I showed myself to you and physically harmed you. Not saying I'd do that, just making a point. :)

that guy???

Man, I really hope you are kidding.

You mean, the founder of this site?

Yes, it was a joke. Trust me - i have NOTHING but respect for him. :)

edit - by the way, the post i was referring to Die Hard actually starts with "this may get me banned..."

Of course, with more than ten thousand major religions throughout history, chances are you backed the wrong horse. :laugh:

Let's face it Bryce, you dismiss outright belief in ten thousand other religions. Statistically, you're as much an atheist as I am. :D

ACTUALLY it's about 43,870 religions and if over 86%+ believe in God then I think I'm on the right side.......

It's not about the title of what you believe it's how.......

I am Eastern Orthodox but I don't damn the other branches off Original Christanity......

I was a Baptist,but it was after I was a muslim and before I became a nonbeliever.

EDIT: actually I was a Muslim then a Baptist, then a Muslim again for a short time, then a Zoroastrian for a short time, then a nonbeliever.

Wow, you were definitely on a search. I hope you find what you're looking for (if you haven't already).

Brice:

This site is for you...

http://accurapid.com/journal/18bible.htm

What a joke :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So because we don't have original copies of the Bible our religious scholars are incapable of translating accurately,.......

I've seen these kind of site and those writers are worldly unsaved people searching for a reason to not feel guilty.....

3000 words and 20 contexts per word......The point is the same......You using this as an excuse not to believe is gonna get you in trouble......

The 10 commandments are still clear regardless of language and Jesus still died for you no matter what you speak.....

The same why all those creatures got there from South america and north america.....

I know 30+ questions you can ask that can't be proven with science that have to do with the ARK and you're gonna get the same answer each time from me.....

God.....

So you are basically admitting that when you can't explain something, you just fall back on the excuse that "God did it?" Why are we even bothering debating?

Hey, your boy said it. Evil heart from the get go. All this faith so many have in him, it doesn't look like he has any faith in us. That's just funny to me, minus the killings due to religious tension.

His faith in his followers will be shown when the likes of you burn in hell.

So you are basically admitting that when you can't explain something, you just fall back on the excuse that "God did it?" Why are we even bothering debating?

Hey, don't be stealing my argument. :mad:

Okay, so basically there is no point to this debate as you can simply prove God exists by saying 'well, he said he did.'

If not, why do you believe in him? Not going to generalize, but the majority of people that I know that believe in God believe him, well, blindly. A lot of he said, she said, there's no other way. Can any of you really even prove God exists? Can anyone? If not, why believe in him so blindly?

*Do take into account the number of people killed over what they believe or don't believe...

The question goes both ways... can you prove he doesnt?

This isn't a debate is it!!!!!!!........AWwww Maaannnn......I got sucker'd into another GOD thread didn't I.....

Like I said......God told us everything we needed to know.....that's good enough

I believe almost all the religions believe in some form of God...even the Romans and Greeks...he was called Zeus (Jupitor).

Anyways, I'm throwing in my :2cents: ...hey...I heard that groaning.

First off...whoever it was who questioned who the bible was written by...The OLD Testament is never questioned by anyone. It's the New Testament where all the questions arise about who wrote it, for what reason, and why were certain things left out. (I'm not starting the gnostic discussion again.)

aS FOR THE Arc...even Science has supported this....except, it probably wasn't a worldwide flood. It was probably in the world, and civilization that they knew, and it was probably only the amount of animals that were known to that part of the world. The Arc would not be large enough for every animal, plus food...sorry the dimensions in the Bible are not that big.

As for the new breeds of species, yes cross-breeding is one way, but evolution is alive today, and we still see new variations due to natural selection.

God does not have to be proven...proving him/her would be wrong...He/She is greater then us, so trying to prove him/her would give us control over him/her...which cannot be. You don't want to believe, fine, that's what makes this country great...if you do great...follow your religion however you see fit. Don't force your views on us, and we won't force ours on you...this goes for both sides ;)

His faith in his followers will be shown when the likes of you burn in hell.

I don't know what's going to happen to me when I die anymore then you really do. What I do believe is that whatever happens, the chances of it involving devils and lava pits or angels and pearly gates are slime to none. I'm all for resurection though, I believe it's possible. :)

Archived