Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can you prove God exists???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Divine intervention? I was thinking more along the lines of forced conversion, ie. early America's colonization. Divine right to rule given to kings using the church to control the people, not to mention theocracy comes to mind. Religion seems more about control then saving people or leading them.

But you forget, I am coming from a different perspective on this

I am Muslim ;)

What else do I need? A reason to follow anyone or anything blindly without question. I got so tired of the bible because it kept coming back to "follow me to the promised land; trust me". The idea that we should put everything that matters to us in this world second to God merely because a book says it's the right thing to do doesn't make sense to me. Not even God's perfect, even he makes human mistakes (given there even is a God).

Prime example: Great Flood. 2 of every species, yet there are 3000 species of insect alone. Not to mention the "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, he's a rainbow, I'll never do it again. I MADE A MISTAKE, I'M SORRY". If we don't question anything, what's to seperate us from any other animal on the planet?

The answer to your question is no. No one can prove that God exists in an empirical fashion. Thats why its called having faith. Most people have faith because it is what they were taught by their parents.

If this isnt enough for you to believe, then you get to be an athiest or an agnostic like me and live your life without a relationship with "God." There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Its a personal choice. If you are asking this question, then there is nothing that the religy crowd can say that is going to change your mind. Either you have faith or you dont and it takes a life changing event to change this.

naaa see.....that's your problem right there.....

#1 you never studied how large the Ark was......by Biblical calculations of the ark and simple math today it is easily proven that all the creatures fit on there with PLENTY of room......not to mention the animals came to noah....( so he didn't go on a bug hunt )

#2 The Flood wasn't a "oopps I messed up so I'll hit the backspace button" it was "you took your free will for granted and now I will take it from you."

#1 we're still finding new species of animal to this day, not to mention much of the world know to day wasn't known at the time Genesis supposedly took place. I'm not saying it's impossible, but c'mon, the likelihood of pulling that off is slim to none.

#2 My point is that he made a mistake, hence he's imperfect. God admited to it as well, hence the rainbow.

Umm.....

Gen 1:1~"In the beginning God_________"

What doesn't it prove......the divine Word of God passed though Moses......I think before this they had no need for a bible or preachings because everyone believed.........

I still don't see how that proves anything. I could say and print the Earth is flat - doesn't make it so 2,000 years later.

Surprise... I am a Baptist.

really??:thud:

#1 we're still finding new species of animal to this day, not to mention much of the world know to day wasn't known at the time Genesis supposedly took place. I'm not saying it's impossible, but c'mon, the likelihood of pulling that off is slim to none.

#2 My point is that he made a mistake, hence he's imperfect. God admited to it as well, hence the rainbow.

#1- We are finding variations of species today due to cross breeding......besides with God telling the creatures to go what are they gonna do..... :laugh: say no?

#2- WHERE in the Bible does it say it was a mistake?.....Where did he apologize......Prove this point of be quiet with this silly arguement.....

Umm.....

Gen 1:1~"In the beginning God_________"

What doesn't it prove......the divine Word of God passed though Moses......I think before this they had no need for a bible or preachings because everyone believed.........

I hate to state the obvious...but....

the bible was written by???

and the translation you read is done by????

So what makes Genesis true?

Would you quote a Harry Potter novel?

Just saying :D

Not that I am not a believer.

How about if I quote the book of Morman? Quaran?

I was a Baptist,but it was after I was a muslim and before I became a nonbeliever.

EDIT: actually I was a Muslim then a Baptist, then a Muslim again for a short time, then a Zoroastrian for a short time, then a nonbeliever.

I hate to state the obvious...but....

the bible was written by???

and the translation you read is done by????

So what makes Genesis true?

Would you quote a Harry Potter novel?

Just saying :D

Not that I am not a believer.

How about if I quote the book of Morman? Quaran?

Agreed. Saying "God exists because the Bible says...", is like saying "The Nazi's were right because Hitler said..."

Please understand that i'm not comparing Christians to Nazis, just using the easiest example that comes to mind.

The kangaroos, koalas and dingos etc. didn't get a name check in the story of the ark. Any idea how they got to the ark and then got back to Australia? :D

The same why all those creatures got there from South america and north america.....

I know 30+ questions you can ask that can't be proven with science that have to do with the ARK and you're gonna get the same answer each time from me.....

God.....

#1- We are finding variations of species today due to cross breeding......besides with God telling the creatures to go what are they gonna do..... :laugh: say no?

#2- WHERE in the Bible does it say it was a mistake?.....Where did he apologize......Prove this point of be quiet with this silly arguement.....

Species changing naturally into different species? Sounds a little bit like evolution to me.

Genesis 8:21 Ya'll are f*ckin crazy so I'm not going to mass murder you anymore, I'm just going to let ya'll do it yourselves.

Agreed. Saying "God exists because the Bible says...", is like saying "The Nazi's were right because Hitler said..."

Please understand that i'm not comparing Christians to Nazis, just using the easiest example that comes to mind.

Worst example ever.....

Since when does any man deserve to be compared to God? :doh:

Worst example ever.....

Since when does any man deserve to be compared to God? :doh:

Okay, so basically there is no point to this debate as you can simply prove God exists by saying 'well, he said he did.'

Guess i'm done here. :ciao:

God flicked them across the oceans. Duh.

Did this apply to the Aborignies too ... how did they get back?

And wouldn't you think if bizarre animals you had never seen before suddenly showed up to get on your ark ... that you might mention them?

And how long did it take the 300,000 different species of beetle to take their places?

Archived