Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Stupid WWE cancelled Saturday Night's Main Event that we were gonna get along with RAW next week. I guess they figure they'd make it up to us by announcing the special ref (please!) I better see HBK finally go through with his heel turn next week. If you hear something screaming like a psycho, it'll be me if that happens.

Stupid WWE cancelled Saturday Night's Main Event that we were gonna get along with RAW next week. I guess they figure they'd make it up to us by announcing the special ref (please!) I better see HBK finally go through with his heel turn next week. If you hear something screaming like a psycho, it'll be me if that happens.

I really wish they would keep it face vs face. Dividing the crowd is the best way to get a reaction from the crowd. I still light up with glee everytime I think of being in the arena for Summerslam 05 and taking part in the "Let's go Cena, Let's go Jericho" chant war (yes I'm aware that instance was face vs heel, but Cena was so hated at the time that Jericho was almost the face of the match).

Anyway, I think a face vs face main event would be more exciting than a heel Michaels vs a face Cena, if that's the case then the outcome becomes way too obvious.

On another note, did the WWE drop the ball with Shelton or what? It's too bad that gimmicks are what sells to the casual wrestling fan.

You have the Tag Titles mixed with the World Champ. The stupid Vince vs. Donald situation.

WM looks boring as **** right now.

The money in the bank ladder match is the only one that looks remotely promising.

The money in the bank ladder match is the only one that looks remotely promising.

I defintily agree especially since it will be 8 competitors this year and you know crazy Jeff Hardy is going to jump off something and squash someone through a table

I predict the other 4 to be

Mat Hardy

Sabu

Kenny Dykstra

Randy Orton

Your bretheren were being *******. 3 70's camping 2 60's for over 30 minutes? What do they do when a 70 Warlock show up? Try to run... You can't out run dots ****es!

Wow, it's normally the exact polar opposite on my server, and I'm the one running up as the Lock :silly:

I have lost ALL faith in TNA. I was so anxious and excited when they finally got a show, now I hardly remember that it's on. Their story lines change every other day and their gimmick matches are all stupid. Not even an uncaged RVD can save that show.

They really blew it big time when they had a show on Monday to do something really big in RAW's time slot. What do they do? Show a best of TNA special. And not even best of, more like highlights from the last year. And half of the damn show was them talking about how innovative they are.

Hey guy, hate to tell you this, but nobody likes that damn ring. And Don West is even more annoying than Bryant Gumble, which is really saying something. And for god sakes, get new fans in the building. They want to be ECW fans so bad.

/Rant over

Wow, it's normally the exact polar opposite on my server, and I'm the one running up as the Lock :silly:

I have lost ALL faith in TNA. I was so anxious and excited when they finally got a show, now I hardly remember that it's on. Their story lines change every other day and their gimmick matches are all stupid. Not even an uncaged RVD can save that show.

They really blew it big time when they had a show on Monday to do something really big in RAW's time slot. What do they do? Show a best of TNA special. And not even best of, more like highlights from the last year. And half of the damn show was them talking about how innovative they are.

Hey guy, hate to tell you this, but nobody likes that damn ring. And Don West is even more annoying than Bryant Gumble, which is really saying something. And for god sakes, get new fans in the building. They want to be ECW fans so bad.

/Rant over

I agree that they should have tried to compete with the E by having a live (PPV or Clash of the Champions-esque) show to go head to head, but I thought the "This is TNA" show was effective. They had a boatload of highlights sprinkled in, but the matches were some of the best.

I agree that they should have tried to compete with the E by having a live (PPV or Clash of the Champions-esque) show to go head to head, but I thought the "This is TNA" show was effective. They had a boatload of highlights sprinkled in, but the matches were some of the best.

Clash of the Champions was the goods, it was like a free PPV calibur program.

I miss WCW sometimes :(

/me keyes in 80's music "Don't - know - what - ya - got - 'till it's goooone"

Guest sith lord

You were right the first time. I've argued plenty of times on other boards that TNA should have ran a Clash of the Champions type show instead of a "best of" show. I really don't believe that the This is TNA show was effective at all.

Got to give Lashley props. Did anyone see how he took down the side of the cage. He ran full steam into the cage wall knocking it down onto Umaga.....Now that was a sick move and one of the better endings to a wwe tv show in ages.

I'll give em props for the ending. I'll give em props for having a Sabu match, a RVD & Dreamer tag team match, & a Stevie Richards match. That had to have been the most on air match time the ECW original guys have had in a long time.

Another thought I had while watching Lashley. IF they're going to build around him for the forseeable future, he needs to go the old ECW Taz gimmick route. He needs to bring that 'Big Fight' feel to it. Wear the towel over the head when he comes out to the ring. Give him that total badass look. He's got the build & intensity to pull it off. Maybe even pull Taz off the play by play & have him manage Lashley. Then let Joey Styles call the show on his own, like it used to be.

Another thought I had while watching Lashley. IF they're going to build around him for the forseeable future, he needs to go the old ECW Taz gimmick route. He needs to bring that 'Big Fight' feel to it. Wear the towel over the head when he comes out to the ring. Give him that total badass look. He's got the build & intensity to pull it off. Maybe even pull Taz off the play by play & have him manage Lashley. Then let Joey Styles call the show on his own, like it used to be.

I don't think they'll ever let Styles go solo. It's just not the WWE way. But I do agree that Lashley has the potential to be huge, but one of the things that made Taz so great was that they kept him away from the World title for so long. It was a crazy amount of build up.

Bill Alfonso?

I don't think they'll ever let Styles go solo. It's just not the WWE way. But I do agree that Lashley has the potential to be huge, but one of the things that made Taz so great was that they kept him away from the World title for so long. It was a crazy amount of build up.

And the FTW Title belt. :)

Bill Alfonso?

Is he even on the payroll? I don't think Fonzie's even been seen since the 2nd One Night Stand PPV.

Actually, a lot of is probably coming from me re-watching the Rise & Fall of ECW DVD & the ECW Bloodsport DVD over the weekend. It's just sad to see what the original ECW guys accomplished with no money & bare minimun production & compare it to what Vince has turned it into.

In the old days you had guys that would go out there & wrestle non stop for 30-45 minutes & just tear the place down. And you had smaller rooms that were jam packed. You had guys hanging around outside just to hear what was going on inside because the place was at its fire code limit. And the crowd was HOT. And LOUD. All night. And ECW respected the crowd.

Now, it's damn near a cartoon with a crowd that really doesn't give a :pooh:

Oh, we still watch it alright. But we all still watch in hopes of it starting to resemble a fraction of what it used to be. And last night, I saw a flicker of the old E.C.F'N W. Not much mind you, but just enough to watch again next week. More of the ECW Originals on camera & in ring is a good start. They just need to take that & build slowly from there.

And bring back Heyman. :)

Ecw.jpg

http://ecwwrestlingnews.com/post/headlines/174802097.php

New Date & Location For Next ECW PPV

Added on 03/01/07 at 6:29 PM

source: PWInsider

WWE has announced that its third annual ECW One Night Stand pay-per-view will be moved from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City (the location of the previous two events) to the Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.

The date has also been moved from June 10th to June 3rd.

http://ecwwrestlingnews.com/post/headlines/175049271.php

ECW Diva Kelly Kelly Drawing Major Heat Backstage

Added on 03/04/07 at 3:08 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Kelly Kelly seems to be one of the most disliked people in the locker room.

The heat seems to be due to her lack of knowledge of professional wrestling, although that is probably more of the fault of the people who hired her. They hired her because she looked good in a catalog and didn't care if she didn't know anything about the business. Also, she hasn't really been taught by anybody. Some people complain about why "people like her" are in the company, but then again, it should go back to WWE's hiring practices. This situation seems to be similar to when guys complain about another wrestler who has a favorable contract.

Furthermore, it was clear from a number of reactions at last week's television tapings that a lot of the women on roster dislike Kelly Kelly. Also, most of the guys give her no respect and Joey Mercury in particular was running her down to anyone who would listen to him.

http://ecwwrestlingnews.com/post/headlines/175049310.php

Talk Of Replacing Joey Styles

Added on 03/04/07 at 3:09 PM

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter repots that there has been some talk of making Todd Grisham the play-by-play man for ECW. This also indicates what people think of Joey Styles right now.

http://ecwwrestlingnews.com/post/headlines/175049345.php

Possible Spoilers For Paul Heyman's Return

Added on 03/04/07 at 3:10 PM

WWE is thinking about adding an authority figure to ECW. ECW writers Dusty Rhodes and Dave Lagana recently came up with a list of names for the role. Rhodes suggested that Paul Heyman briefly become the General Manager of ECW. He would get then get attacked by the New Breed faction, and he'd come back again as a babyface manager for the ECW Originals, and in particular, Rob Van Dam (with the idea that this would help keep RVD from leaving). However, Vince McMahon quickly shot the suggestions down. It was also suggested for Heyman to go down to OVW and DSW to book & teach promos, but it is believed that he turned that request down.

http://ecwwrestlingnews.com/post/headlines/175049400.php

Dusty Rhodes Pushing For Tag Titles, Roster Switch

Added on 03/04/07 at 3:11 PM

Dusty Rhodes has pushed WWE to add tag team titles to the ECW brand. The new belts are currently on order and should be in by the end of this month. We could possibly see the champions crowned at WrestleMania.

Speaking of Rhodes he is also pushing for Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch to move to the ECW brand after WrestleMania. Rhodes is said to really be impressed with both of these superstars.