Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I like Mr.Kennedy. I seem to be liking the heels more these days.

If that's the case, wait until CM Punk gets a true heel turn. That whole "straight-edge" thing can go two ways and he can be a total ass about i. I love it!

yeah I wish Punk was a heel as well. I hope he loses at Summerslam only because he is sooooo over with the crowd. I don't want him to become ECW's John Cena...:doh:

With Punk.. he could win at Summerslam and make a smooth transition into a heel. He's done it before in ROH. There was nothiing cooler than when he was doing his final run with ROH before leaving for OVW. He had all of this face love from the fans and as soon he won the belt, he turned on the crowd mid promo and then was chased out of the front door of the venue (I believe by Christopher Daniels) with the championship belt in hand. Punk is one of those types of heels that could be very similar to the Rock in the sense that even if he's a complete ass, the fans will still love him.

What's w/ all the Orton love? Ugh.

According to some 'round here, he's the greatest to ever grace the squared circle. :rolleyes:

What's the deal with Cody Rhodes? I missed the matches he was in a few weeks ago? Did he look like he was any good or just another jobber?

According to some 'round here, he's the greatest to ever grace the squared circle. :rolleyes:

What's the deal with Cody Rhodes? I missed the matches he was in a few weeks ago? Did he look like he was any good or just another jobber?

He looked ok. Hell, at least he didn't look bad.

As for Orton, he's a good heel (arrogant prick=great role for him), but his wrestling skills are IMHO average, and unlike some wrestlers whose mic skills could makeup for that (Rock, Austin), he's not good ENOUGH on the mic.

He looked ok. Hell, at least he didn't look bad.

As for Orton, he's a good heel (arrogant prick=great role for him), but his wrestling skills are IMHO average, and unlike some wrestlers whose mic skills could makeup for that (Rock, Austin), he's not good ENOUGH on the mic.

Well I came to that conclusion a few weeks back. You really can't judge Orton's mic skils based on those guys because there are very few people that can even hope to match what those guys were doing. Orton makes a good heel because he plays a great jerk and mainly because of the "Legend Killer" gimmick itself. I think he's a good heel but Edge does is more of a complete package(mic skills, charisma, and mat skills).

As for Cody, I was just hoping that he wasn't getting the David Flair treatment. It's good to hear that he did well. I'll have to see if I can catch him in the upcoming weeks.

Lengthy article in today's Wash. Post (cover story in the Style section) about wrestling and steroids: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/15/AR2007081502399_pf.html

This quote got me:

Dave Meltzer, founder and editor of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, recently compiled a list of current and former wrestlers who have died since 1997, before turning 50. He said his list ran to about 60 names -- and that was before former wrestler Brian "Crush" Adams died Monday of indeterminate causes.

About half those wrestlers died of various causes, he said, including car accidents, suicides and drug overdoses; the rest of the deaths, he said, are linked to heart ailments, including the type that killed Guerrero: arteriosclerotic heart disease, a narrowing of the blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack.

To put that mortality rate into context, Meltzer compares pro wrestling -- which has had roughly 1,500 male competitors in the past quarter-century, he estimates -- with pro football. If the same ratio of NFL players in the same time frame died before reaching age 50, more than 430 current or former players would have died prematurely, he said.