Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Doink is the great blown gimmick in wrestling history. Matt Bourne was a great worker and all clowns should be evil. Turning Doink face was stupid. And' date=' of course, Bourne is a drug addict who has blown every opportunity he ever had in wrestling.

In 1992, if you were asked, which character would still be over in 2012, would you answer the zombie who only chokes people or the high-flying evil clown, which would you have chosen?[/quote']

That's funny. '92-'93 was when I actually started watching wrestling. Dude scared the hell out of me, then again, at that age, I'm pretty sure that clowns scared the hell out of s lot of kids. Wasn't there some angle where he went around with a group of midget clowns, beating up and humiliating people? That **** genuinely terrified me

That's funny. '92-'93 was when I actually started watching wrestling. Dude scared the hell out of me, then again, at that age, I'm pretty sure that clowns scared the hell out of s lot of kids. Wasn't there some angle where he went around with a group of midget clowns, beating up and humiliating people? That **** genuinely terrified me

I don't think the midget clowns showed up until his face turn and feud with Lawler...which is when Doink became a joke.

Yeah it was Doink and Dink

I think that anniversary show is gonna be epic. Plus isn't that when Rock, along with Lesnar (and a few others) return? I know Lesnar is going to be there to accept Triple H's challenge. Even though it's been years, I will probably jump out of my seat if I see Austin Stun McMahon one more time.

As for the Outlaws, I know they said DX will be there, and if it's the 1,000th anniversary, they can't have it without the "DX Army" version, right?

Three more shows until the 1,000th episode., a couple things about that.....

First, i have no knowledge of this, i haven't heard any rumors...but if i had to guess, i'd say the Rock won't be at the 1,000th epsiode. Just a gut feeling with all the movies and everything he's tied up with right now. I do however think it's a very good possibility that we see Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bret Hart.....along with the DX reunion of course. I also wouldn't rule out an appearance by Mike Tyson seeing as he's been doing promos for WWE '13 and will be a playable character if you preorder at some places.

Second, i'm gonna throw a couple names out there who I think are likely to face Heath Slater in these next few weeks leading up to the 1,000th. Road Dogg Jesse James, Viscera/Mabel, Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, and Lombardi as the Brooklyn Brawler.

And as far as Lombardi goes....yes i'd venture to say that he's made a very wealthy career for himself from being a nobody. He looks to have had steady employment in one form or another from WWE as LKB said, since 1983.

---------- Post added July-5th-2012 at 02:34 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QQBOi9wtA

lol, here's an actual lombardi win.....during his Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz days.

I think that anniversary show is gonna be epic. Plus isn't that when Rock, along with Lesnar (and a few others) return? I know Lesnar is going to be there to accept Triple H's challenge. Even though it's been years, I will probably jump out of my seat if I see Austin Stun McMahon one more time.

As for the Outlaws, I know they said DX will be there, and if it's the 1,000th anniversary, they can't have it without the "DX Army" version, right?

So baiscally, WWE can get the fans excited by bringing back everyone who was popular 14 years ago.

Isn't this what killed WCW?

So baiscally' date=' WWE can get the fans excited by bringing back everyone who was popular 14 years ago.

Isn't this what killed WCW?[/quote']

exactly. If they want to use the stage properly. They would use it to create a few different storylines that are new and exciting to get fans to watch the next week. If they use it to look at the past and then focus on Cena or AJ....then yawn.

Yeah, Sinister I knew what you meant. bring back some of these old guys for the 1,000th episode, and the buildup to it. Personally, i think they're doing a decent job with it so far. They used Slaughter and Duggan on Smackdown on Tuesday, and that's enough thank you. I don't wanna see those guys on Raw, we see them all the time. I like how they're bringing back some faces who have been away from a WWE ring for a while.

And what killed WCW was Bischoff/Hogan/Russo....they all had a pretty big hand in destroying that company. It wasn't even necessarily the older stars like Macho, Hogan, Piper, Flair etc.....it was the fact that backstage became like an even worse version of the Clique in WWF. Nash was getting control to do his own booking, Hogan the same and more. Bischoff drove the company into the ground through numerous terrible decisions wrestling wise and financially speaking. Russo couldn't book a decent angle to save his life, and i mean let's be honest, he put the WHC on David Arquette...that's inexcusable. WCW was destroyed from the inside out, not from the outside in. It wasn't the talent that killed WCW, it was the powers that be.

Another impressive PPV for TNA last night. The Styles/Daniels last man standing match was great and Aries/Roode was one of the best main events I've seen from TNA in a long while. Can't wait to see what they have in store for Aries, Roode and Storm over the course of the rest of summer into Bound For Glory.