Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

the formula for everything isn't great right now. So much dedicated to a small % of the roster and stories. That's why most people can't name more than 3 tag teams right now. Or who holds the mid-level belts.

The solution is to put effort and time in creating new paths that these guys take before they even are mentioned with the top belts. Batista comes back and he's going for the title at WM? So many of these guys who are dying just to get on TV were champs at one point because it went too fast. Dolph, Miz. Del Rio.

We've said this over and over on ES. WWE needs a reboot. They need to value their other belts enough to have them defended as the main event on a Raw or Smackdown.. They need tag teams who are together for a long time. They need more stables to get people TV time even if they aren't in the ring. All stuff apparently Vince doesn't want now.

LKB,

I think you overestimate the "WWE Universe's" displeasure level. They might be mad, BUT will they stop showing up at shows or will they not tune in to Raw? We all know the answer to that.

Edited by DM72

I think you overestimate the "WWE Universe's" displeasure level. They might be mad, BUT will they stop showing up at shows or will they not tune in to Raw? We all know the answer to that.

The answer is "Yes, yes, they will."

Raw ratings in December were historically bad. Batista's return has given them a boost, but we will see what happens going forward. In December, Raw was getting beat in its most important demos by Love and Hip Hop 4.

PPV numbers have been in the tank for a while and may be part of the reason for including them in the network package.

Domestic house show numbers seem to be holding steady, but the European numbers seem to be in free-fall.

Everyone thought the WWE had found its level in 2006 and 2007 when Raw seem to be a show that drew a 4.0 rating and nothing more. For the best past years, Raw is a show that draws a 2.8 rating and nothing more. Do you really want to make the bet that this is as low as it goes?

There is a "Hardcore WWE" audience, but that group seems to be shrinking year by year.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

By the way, Meltzer is reporting that Bryan vs. Sheamus is scheduled for Wrestlemania. This is no longer booking someone as an underdog. This is an out and out burial.

Man that is some bull. All they can do is play up to the 18 second match from three years ago... Then again, maybe this could be the start of a redemption angle for Bryan. Where he overcomes every obstacle.

I'll take your word for it, but the crowds at Raw's and PPV's look pretty solid to me. On top of that, they're making a boatload of money and will make more when the WWE Network premieres.

Raws and PPVs aren't house shows. Granted, house shows are a small part of the business now, but I still don't think it's good when they don't draw. That's basically your grass roots.

WWE sold about a half a million fewer PPVs in 2013 than they did in 2012 - down about 10 percent.

Mick Foley weighs in:

EY WWE....WHAT THE F?

Yes, I'm going to put a brick through my TV. It's just going to have to wait until tomorrow. I had every intention of putting a brick through my TV tonight, after seeing that Daniel Bryan was not even entered in the Royal Rumble match, let alone going to win the thing. But, upon seeing their dad with a brick in his hand, my younger children got a little bit scared, thinking their dad had lost his mind. A rather spirited debate about the wisdom of following through on the promise to put a brick through my TV ensued with my wife - and, as is usually the case in marital debates, I, being the husband, did not emerge victorious. Honestly, the points she made about mercury and glass fragments everywhere were pretty good ones.

But I'm still going to put a brick through my TV. It's just going to have to wait until tomorrow - when the kids are in school, and I can take the TV outside the house for the actual throwing of the brick. Granted, it's not nearly as dramatic as doing it live, right after the Rumble, but at least I will be keeping my word.

As I mentioned on Twitter, I've never felt so disgusted at the conclusion of a WWE (or any) PPV. Like many of you out there, I just don't get it. This Daniel Bryan thing is a phenomenon. You get it. I get it. The fans in Pittsburgh (yes, I was thinking of writing "RIGHT TH...but I'm just not in a cheap pop mood) got it. But tonight, for the first time, I had to admit to myself that the powers that be are just not going to get it. And that makes me sad. I'm just honestly sad, just flat out ****ing sad (yes, I dropped an F-bomb there to emphasize how F'ing sad I am for the guys who bust their butts night in and night out - Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, etc - with no hope of getting their shot at this year's Mania.

You know who else I'm sad for? Me. In my two years as an official WWE Ambassador, I never once had to lie about my enthusiasm for the company or stuffing instead of potatoes. Now, although I am no longer officially an Ambassador for WWE (believe it or not, my only official role in WWE is as GM for Saturday Morning Slam, a contract that ends in one month) I was till looking forward to being part of the biggest event of the year. I'll probably end up going anyway. But I'm about 1/6th as excited about it as I was just a few hours ago. I wanted so badly to hear 75,000 WWE fans chanting "YES" - and seeing fans walk away absolutely ecstatic about the outcome of a PPV for the first time in a while...a long while. But when given the chance to make it happen (unless they've got something MAJOR up their sleeve) WWE's answer tonight was a resounding "NO, NO, NO".

Also, has anyone seen the poster for Elimination Chamber?

The only superstar on it is....wait for it.......

Stephanie McMahon Helmsley Levesque.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-10-steps-booking-sting-wrestlemania-30-beyond.php

WWE: 10 Steps To Booking Sting For WrestleMania 30 (And Beyond)

In the world of pro wrestling, you aren’t anyone unless you have competed under the banner of World Wrestling Entertainment. That is unless you are The Icon Sting. This world famous and much loved wrestler has never appeared in the WWE. He made his name as the franchise star of WCW in the early to mid-90′s, making World Championship Wrestling a bigger and better product than the WWF. As the millennium approached, Sting re-invented himself as a darker figure, descending from arena rafters to dispatch justice against the NWO. Along the way he captured multiple World Championships.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-10-steps-booking-sting-wrestlemania-30-beyond.php/8

WWE: 10 Steps To Booking Sting For WrestleMania 30 (And Beyond)

4. The Title Win

I do believe that if Sting has a full time year with WWE he will get the championship. It is the one piece of important recognition missing from his trophy cabinet, and he has to go after it. In recognition of his service to the industry I believe Vince McMahon would recognize Sting’s run with a title winning moment. It’s probably even came up in contract negotiations.

Edited by Gallen5862

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0126/569615/batista-flips-out-on-fans-after-wwe-royal-rumble-ppv/

Batista Flips Out On Fans After WWE Royal Rumble PPV, Mocks Daniel Bryan

Batista was legitimately upset after he won the Royal Rumble match tonight after the crowd turned on him.

On his way back up the ramp, Batista got into a verbal altercation with a disgruntled fan who flipped him off. Batista could be seen on the big screen telling the fan that he'd snap him in half and then flipped the fan off while still on the big screen. He then mockingly did the "Yes!" chant at the top of the ramp while fans peppered him with boos. However, instead of using his pointer fingers, he used his middle fingers and flipped the crowd off, as you can see in the photo above (thanks to Ian West for that pic).

You can check out a photo of Batista flipping the bird below (thanks to Zach Picciarelli for the pic):

• Like 1

Well, Sting is the last true major player to jump ship to the WWE. I applaud Sting for being the only NWA/WCW star to say no to Vince McMahon. Initially, Sting WILL get an enormous pop from the WWE Universe, but eventually they will want him gone because he simply can't do it in the ring anymore.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1938854-jake-the-snake-to-be-inducted-into-2014-wwe-hall-of-fame-class

Jake the Snake to Be Inducted into 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Class

The Ultimate Warrior has company in the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame class. Jake "The Snake" Roberts was named as the second member during the Monday Night Raw telecast. The induction will take place at WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans. 

Edited by Gallen5862

Sting is 54, a weak promo on his best day, and pretty much unknown to most of the WWE core audience at this point.

Jesus Christ....is there anything to possibly be gained by rehashing the Monday Night Wars at this point? It's been 13 years. 13!!!! The average WWE fan was not alive when any of this nonsense mattered.

If I want to watch Sting wrestle, I'll watch matches from the early 90s on Youtube - when he was, like, good.

You know what would be interesting? A WrestleMania where Bryan, Reigns, Wyatt and - I dunno - Wade Barrett came out looking like superstars. (I still hold out hope for Barrett despite how they book him).

If you want a nostalgia trip, watch the Network.

There is literally nothing that they could do with Sting right now that would interest me. Nothing.

• Like 2

Sting is 54, a weak promo on his best day, and pretty much unknown to most of the WWE core audience at this point. Jesus Christ....is there anything to possibly be gained by rehashing the Monday Night Wars at this point? It's been 13 years. 13!!!! The average WWE fan was not alive when any of this nonsense mattered. If I want to watch Sting wrestle, I'll watch matches from the early 90s on Youtube - when he was, like, good. You know what would be interesting? A WrestleMania where Bryan, Reigns, Wyatt and - I dunno - Wade Barrett came out looking like superstars. (I still hold out hope for Barrett despite how they book him). If you want a nostalgia trip, watch the Network. There is literally nothing that they could do with Sting right now that would interest me. Nothing.

You know enough about wrestling to.know that this nothing more to satisfy Vince's ego. Sting is the one wrestler at has told Vince "no." Nowhhe can say that he got them all.

• Like 1

You know what would be interesting? A WrestleMania where Bryan, Reigns, Wyatt and - I dunno - Wade Barrett came out looking like superstars. (I still hold out hope for Barrett despite how they book him).

Barrett is wasted talent man. I know I complained about WWE about the way they used Kingston, but I know he is kind of ho hum on the mic. But what they are doing to Wade Barrett is down right criminal. He has the talent to make that crappy Nexus angle work, and he is even pulling off that stupid Bad News Barrett thing.

WWE frusrates me so much. They are using Barrett wrong, Ziggler can't do jack, my man Brodus Clay should have been a beast heel, but they made him a dancing dinosaur? Sure Bryan might not have the belt, but at least they are giving him something semi-good to work with. 

• Like 1

You know enough about wrestling to.know that this nothing more to satisfy Vince's ego. Sting is the one wrestler at has told Vince "no." Nowhhe can say that he got them all.

I don't know if Vince cares about that kind of stuff anymore. I think he worries about expanding his company into central Africa and how many years his hyperbolic chamber is adding to his life. 

I know he has an enormous ego, but I would think that being the lone survivor of the territory wars he himself launched, defeating Ted Turner, literally owning the entire history of wrestling, and being the only real wrestling company left in the English speaking world is enough. If he's been laying awake at night muttering "Sting! Sting! I must have him" for the past decade, he is crazier than I ever imagined.

Like I've said before, I doubt Vince has seen three hours of TNA in his life. He probably thought Sting was retired or dead or something.