Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

TNA iMPACT: 9:00 pm on Spike. Give it a try.

I like it better than WWE. Easily.

Their action outside the ring is a little...well...stupid sometimes, but I don't really care about that. They focus more on what happens inside the ring. And from that standpoint, I think their product is better that WWE. Just my opinion.

Guest sith lord
Too many WWE/WCW retreads. I like Samoa Joe though, and some of the X division guys are awesome. For some reason, I can't get into them all the way though. Nash with short grey hair makes me feel old as **** :laugh:

Come on, that's no excuse. Every wrestling company has had and have retreads. From the old NWA to the WWE to TNA, most of the talent is from another company.

Yep, it was great. You also had NWA/WCW Main Event on Sundays on TBS and then it would come HTS later on in the week. Although their main event would be something like Rugged Ronnie Garvin and Mean Mike Enos. It did not matter though. Anything to see the Garvin Stomp.

I loved the ESPN coverage too. Coming home feom school and catching the Von Erichs at 4....great stuff. Then they also had the AWA on Friday nights at midnight when I was about eight. Those were great times indeed.

:cheers: good times lovetoaster. AWA, watching Curt Henning and Scott Hall as young smart *****es was great, as well as Col DeBeers and Jimmy Snuka's feud. I was a big fan of the UWF, Dr. Death, Sting, Hot Stuff Inc...good talent without all the frills.

Yeah, the worse was any NWA show with a 5 star main event, but they would "run out of TV time" before the end of the match.

It would be the Road Warriors and Dusty, vs 3 of the Horseman 5 minutes before the show would end...you just knew you would hear "WE HAVE TO GO FOLKS, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!!!" Dagger:mad:

WWF had garbage men, hillbillies, pets and the like, and it was just a cartoon. We'll never see anything like WCW in the height of the NWO angle and WWF's Attitude Era...that was some high quality wrestling there.:applause:

They're up to August of 1997 on WWE 24/7 right now.

WCW has the heydey of the NWO, building to Sting/Hogan

WWF has the Hart Foundation vs Stone Cold Steve Austin. Shawn Michaels & some nobody named Hunter Hearst Helmsley just started palling around.

Also, Rocky Maivia, who flopped as a face, just joined the Nation of Domination. Hopefully that works out for him, career wise.....

Come on, that's no excuse. Every wrestling company has had and have retreads. From the old NWA to the WWE to TNA, most of the talent is from another company.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I wasn't really feeling it when Jeff Jarrett was the top guy, so maybe that soured me on them.

I like their lesser known guys (guys who aren't mainstream) like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and a lot of their X Division guys.

Maybe I'm just losing my grip with wrestling. It was like that years ago...then I turned on TNT and saw Scott Hall invade the Nitro set...that brought me back for a while :applause:

Guest sith lord
Anyone in their 30s who grew up in the DC area? You couldn't help but catch wrestling on tv almost every day. Someone back me up on this:

Weekends:

WWF- 2 Saturday shows on Channel 20, 1 Saturday show on Channel 5

NWA/WCW- 1 Saturday show on Channel 20, 1 on the Baltimore station, then

the 3 hour WCW show on TBS

UWF- Saturday show on Channel 20

On weekdays, AWA and World Class would be on ESPN. NWA and WWF would have a program on Channel 20 right after school

As I got older, I caught the real ECW on some public access channel.

A great time to be a wrestling fan.

There was so much more wrestling on TV in the 80's than there is today it's not even funny. I had the best of both world because I live in WNY and got Canadian stations. And remember the 80's was the height of the territory days so the NWA/Mid Atlantic was on a lot of channels. On Saturday alone, there was no less than 7 or 8 wrestling shows.

They're up to August of 1997 on WWE 24/7 right now.

WCW has the heydey of the NWO, building to Sting/Hogan

WWF has the Hart Foundation vs Stone Cold Steve Austin. Shawn Michaels & some nobody named Hunter Hearst Helmsley just started palling around.

Also, Rocky Maivia, who flopped as a face, just joined the Nation of Domination. Hopefully that works out for him, career wise.....

Yeah, I don't see a future for that Maivia guy :laugh: . HHH? I don't think he can main event, maybe if he sleeps with the boss's daughter or something:D

During the nWo times, they even had Raven's Flock, Benoit, Guerrero, Misterio, some good talent back then.

The new Hart Foundation was a great stable...if only they could've avoided the ontreal Screwjob and have the full DX stable (HHH, Kid and the Outlaws) vs the Foundation...they could've ran with that for a couple of months at least.

I hope they can put together Rhodes, Dibiase, Nedihart's daughter and one of the dudes on the roster who is actually Snuka's kid for a great second generation stable.

There was so much more wrestling on TV in the 80's than there is today it's not even funny. I had the best of both world because I live in WNY and got Canadian stations. And remember the 80's was the height of the territory days so the NWA/Mid Atlantic was on a lot of channels. On Saturday alone, there was no less than 7 or 8 wrestling shows.

Yeah, I never got tired of the NWA/Mid Atlantic shows, because they had such a large roster when you combined the territories, you always saw someone different.

And I absolutely loved the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tourney- if Vince brought that back it might revitalize the stagnant tag team scene

Why does everyone think Punk is turning heel soon? Granted he is a better heel (if u watched ROH) but its to soon...

Where are they going with this Kane storyline?

And the ending of Raw was horrible and stale. Of course Cena is ok.

IMO, Punk in a stable with Kane would be interesting.

They are already having Cena & Cryme Tyme as a stable. Kind of interesting. Stables have needed a comeback for ages.

They are already having Cena & Cryme Tyme as a stable. Kind of interesting. Stables have needed a comeback for ages.

The only stable I want back is the nation.

Mark Henry (former Nation member!), the returning D-Lo Brown (another former member), & Shelton Benjamin, with Ron Simmons being the manager. Faarooq was outstanding......

Guest sith lord
What are you talking about?

rhodesdusty.jpg

He went from the Bull of the Woods in the NWA, to this in the WWF. Damn you Vince McMahon.

Yes, one of the most disappointing times of my wrestling-watching life.

That was such a sad time. That was all about Vince's ego, Dusty needed the money and moved over, Vince wanted to show Crockett/ WCW and Company who the real deal was, and made Dusty wear f'n polka dots and dance in the ring with SWEET SAPHIRE!

Even though, when that dumb @$$ entrance song came on, I did feel like boggying a little.

Anyone watching the PPV tonight? Could be good:

MICHELLE VS. NATALYA for the title: eh

HBK VS. Y2J: won't be as good as their Wrestlemania 19 match, which IMO was runner-up for Match of the Year (behind only Angle-Benoit @ the Rumble), but should still be good

CENA VS. JBL in the Parking Lot Brawl: I've always been a sucker for these kinds of matches

MORRISON+MIZ VS. FINLAY & HORNSWOGGLE VS. HAWKINS & RYDER VS. JESSE & FESTUS for the title: could be good

HENRY VS. DREAMER for the title: I hate the new "ECW". I hate Henry. I give a thumbs down (maybe it would be watchable under hardcore rules)

PUNK VS. BATISTA for the title: should be at least decent

HHH VS. EDGE for the title: should be good at worst

I'm seeing this if Bailey's in Ballston is showing it. If not, then :no:

EDIT: Oh yeah, RAW's coming to DC a week from tomorrow :) :cool::jump::excited:

Anyone watching the PPV tonight? Could be good:

MICHELLE VS. NATALYA for the title: eh

HBK VS. Y2J: won't be as good as their Wrestlemania 19 match, which IMO was runner-up for Match of the Year (behind only Angle-Benoit @ the Rumble), but should still be good

CENA VS. JBL in the Parking Lot Brawl: I've always been a sucker for these kinds of matches

MORRISON+MIZ VS. FINLAY & HORNSWOGGLE VS. HAWKINS & RYDER VS. JESSE & FESTUS for the title: could be good

HENRY VS. DREAMER for the title: I hate the new "ECW". I hate Henry. I give a thumbs down (maybe it would be watchable under hardcore rules)

PUNK VS. BATISTA for the title: should be at least decent

HHH VS. EDGE for the title: should be good at worst

I'm seeing this if Bailey's in Ballston is showing it. If not, then :no:

EDIT: Oh yeah, RAW's coming to DC a week from tomorrow :) :cool::jump::excited:

Just read the write up. It seems like the Cena/JBL match was the best of the night. And the Punk/Batista match was a washout. I think I really like they way they are building to this heel turn.

EDIT:

04.jpg

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEE!

I didn't even stream it last night. I was too tired when I got home & couldn't be bothered.

Didnt look like i missed much.....

Just read the report in insidepulse. HBK and Y2J had a decent match, as did Cena/ JBL. Everything else was middle of the pack. It still feels weird seeing "Great American Bash" and a WWE logo next to it...surprised they never brought back "Starrcade."

I either read the rags or just watch Raw nowadays for the results...they don't even hide them anymore...it's pretty much a highlight reel...saves me $30+ a shot.

Is it me, or does Kelly (:mmm: ) remind you of Trish:

-HOT, HOT, HOT

-previously a TERRIBLE wrestler

-becomes a good wrestler while still hot

Michelle McCool fits the Trish model alot better. Kelly has started to show some improvement, but McCool is light years ahead of her.