Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

A few things I want to say about Raw.

I'm keeping an EXTREMELY open mind towards the Kane/Mysterio Alive or Dead angle. I want this to work and I'm being optimistic but man its hard to be behind this. This has potential. St first I thought it would be more epic than Mysterio's mask- but upon further review I am keeping an open mind.

I love Jericho's new tights. Speaking of Y2J his match vs Kane at SS isn't hyped up in the slightest. This feud never developed. Why is this happening? An HBK run in?? or a Mysterio run in?

WHY did they give Cena and Batista the belts in the first place? They had it for one week! Ugh! This is why teams like the Dudley boys are seen as 8 time champions in the WWE because technically Rhodes and Dibiase (SP- I'm a fan of his) are now 2 X World Champions. What the hell was the point of a won week dropping of the titles? someone help me here

Ratings my man, ratings. Or titles are simply something to just further a story line. Titles mean nothing nowadays. Back in the day it was something to be the WORLD CHAMP, now, there are three "World" champs in one promotion, so you know it means nothing.

Why put the belts on such a young team like Rhodes and DiBiase anyway? Because there's no one else credible and there are, like, 3 tag teams anyway. Might as well give it to these two young guys in hopes that they can develop without being exposed and to possible further a stroyline (Orton coming back to be their "Flair".

And then there were the Hollywood Blondes - Austin & Pillman.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

OMG, forgot about them. I actually dropped off wrestling during their hey day, but I did catch them from time to time. Super smart and talented.

Was there a better mid 90s stable than the Dangerous Alliance?

You guys are talking tag teams & none of you have mentioned AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels.

Speaking of TNA tag teams, LAX with Konan had to have been one the most over heel teams I've seen in a long time. I was also a fan of AMW due to both the gimmick & the heat they had. Vinny Mac would ruin LAX like he did with the MexiCools, but I could see AMW getting over HUGE in WWE.

Styles and Daniels were very good, but their lack of longevity hurts them when you talk about all time greats.

I liked LAX, seemed like a more credible version of "Cryme Tyme":doh:

Konnan as the mouthpiece was classic.

Not a fan of AMW...didn't know why...they had a hardcore "Smoking Guns" thing going that just seemed dated.

I'm in the minority on this team as the only thing that stood out about them to me was the endless Pillman 'whining' when they split.

Some I didn't see mentioned yet:

Steamboat and Youngblood

The Eliminators (I can still hear Joey Styles screaming "Total Elimination!")

Sabu and Van Dam

Garea and Martel FTW (Mirror versions of each others trunks :applause: )

I saw Steamboat and Snuka tag from time to time in the old WWF, that would've been a fun team to watch. Never caught Steamer and Youngblood in the old NWA/MidAtlantic

Sabu and Van Dam vs Daniels and Style would be a 5 star match. They could still probably pull it off.

I was a huge fan of the Killer Bees and Islanders (back when the WWF could afford to have mid card TAG TEAMS).

You guys are talking tag teams & none of you have mentioned AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels.

Speaking of TNA tag teams, LAX with Konan had to have been one the most over heel teams I've seen in a long time. I was also a fan of AMW due to both the gimmick & the heat they had. Vinny Mac would ruin LAX like he did with the MexiCools, but I could see AMW getting over HUGE in WWE.

Meh, Daniels and AJ as singles are good, but as a tag just don't do anything for me. LAX in the beginning was exciting, but without Konnan they aren't the same. AMW has always been boring. Different strokes I guess

I'm in the minority on this team as the only thing that stood out about them to me was the endless Pillman 'whining' when they split.

Your not alone, I'm a big mark for both as singles but as that tag the only thing memorable about them to me is the fued with Steamboat and Douglas which was goofy. I loved there promos but they didn't do it for me in the ring.

Dangerous Alliance did everything for me. I thought Zybisco (SP) and Bobby Eaton were odd members, but they did the job of fulfilling the role of the lightweight contender (Eaton) and Zybisco could go for a tag or TV title. Ravishing Rick Rude is my favorite wrestler of all time. The best natural body in professional wrestling IMO

Guest sith lord

Question: Have anyone here ever paid $150 for front row tix at a WWE PPV? I'm thinking about going to the Armageddon PPV in Buffalo and I'm thinking about getting a couple of front row tix. I guess you get to keep the chair.

Is it worth it or am I out of my mind to even think about it?

Sith, I've never done it but I have always wanted to. I think it is certainly something to consider. To say you've actually done it- that would be amazing. $150 isn't bad. I have always looked for front row but have never gotten it on ticketmaster. Goodluck to you. I'd be jealous if you did it

Guest sith lord
Sith, I've never done it but I have always wanted to. I think it is certainly something to consider. To say you've actually done it- that would be amazing. $150 isn't bad. I have always looked for front row but have never gotten it on ticketmaster. Goodluck to you. I'd be jealous if you did it

I know how tough it is to get front row tix. The closest I've ever got was 3rd row for a RAW last year and I ordered my tix as soon as they went on sale.

I've always felt that first row is either for family members or someone who knows someone. I give mad props to anyone that gets front row. How do you think youd get them? Hope for the best on ticketmaster? or try and find front row on ebay or some other ticket selling resource? Either way I say do it and goodluck man

I know how tough it is to get front row tix. The closest I've ever got was 3rd row for a RAW last year and I ordered my tix as soon as they went on sale.

If you can do it, go for it. The closest I ever got was 10 rows back at Starrcade (Hulk vs Sting) back in the day- and it was a hoot. You'll get a "better appreciation" for what these guys go through...plus, you never know, they might throw someone your way for some hardcore "clubbering"

also, you might here a wrestler or two call out their next move...always fun to hear that:doh:

Guest sith lord
If you can do it, go for it. The closest I ever got was 10 rows back at Starrcade (Hulk vs Sting) back in the day- and it was a hoot. You'll get a "better appreciation" for what these guys go through...plus, you never know, they might throw someone your way for some hardcore "clubbering"

also, you might here a wrestler or two call out their next move...always fun to hear that:doh:

Like Devon telling Rhyno to roll him up this past Sunday at Hard Justice. :doh:

Guest sith lord
I've always felt that first row is either for family members or someone who knows someone. I give mad props to anyone that gets front row. How do you think youd get them? Hope for the best on ticketmaster? or try and find front row on ebay or some other ticket selling resource? Either way I say do it and goodluck man

That's the perception I get also. I'm planning on having my credit card in my hand right when they go on sale Oct 11.

That's the perception I get also. I'm planning on having my credit card in my hand right when they go on sale Oct 11.

Do that Sith. It should be a good time. My big thing about going to Wrestling events is that unless your in the front row or at a small venue, you'd be better off watching on TV. In the front row you'd catch everything. Good luck on getting those seats.

I got front row seats on the corner by the entrance ramp once for a house show. Only way I was able to pull that off was my then wife(now ex-wife) worked at the Civic Center ticket office.

Guest sith lord
I got front row seats on the corner by the entrance ramp once for a house show. Only way I was able to pull that off was my then wife(now ex-wife) worked at the Civic Center ticket office.

Yeah, it seems that you have to know somebody to get in the front row. But I'm still gonna try.

Got this in my e-mail today. :)

Just a friendly reminder that the 2008 WWE SummerSlam PPV is LIVE TONIGHT @ 8PM EASTERN TIME (2AM GMT)

Head on over to http://www.wrestling-tv.net or http://www.we-stream.com to take part in all of today's festivities. We have a live chat, vBookie betting, live play by play, loads of pre-show radio, games and much much more!

Windows Media Player will be rocking for regular members, as well as the traditional high quality h264 NSV/Winamp and Flash Media Player for subscribers!

Enjoy the 2008 WWE SummerSlam extravaganza!

-Team WTV

http://www.wrestling-tv.net

http://www.we-stream.com