TK

Guest sith lord
Tag teams hmm:

Road Warriors

Steiners

Hart Foundation

Rock an Roll Express

Harlem Heat

The Rock n Roll Express have to be included even though I really didn't like them back then. To me, they were very good at taking a beating for 30 minutes to only win the match in the end. That used to drive me crazy.

You know who I wish remained a tag team a lot long than they were. The tag team of Dr. Death Steve Williams and Terry Bam Bam Gordy. Their matches with the steiners always gave me chills! Too bad thye were only together for two years max.

One of my pet peeves with tag teams is when people are thrown together and don't even have a Team name. I know I look like a hypocrite with my above statement- sadly they do fall into this category. Both when you lack a Team Name AND come down separately from one another. I can't stand this.

There are probably as many real tag teams in the history of wrestling as there are random people thrown together. This is Thanks to Vince. It was kinda cool seeing something random like the Rock N Sock Connection (atleast they had a team name) the first time, but X-pac and Kane, the current champs, Yokozuna and Owen Hart (what the hell was that odd duo) and so many more piss me off. I dont like this recycled concept

I like your list. To me Blanchard and Anderson was the absolute best I have ever seen. The Minesota wrecking crew of Ole and Arn Anderson was right up there too.

Another thing that made the Warriors so great is that they were one of the few teams that didn't need the titles to justify their greatness.

Exactly, that's why they were such a bonus for promoters who could have them. They didn't need the belts to get over, so they could have others teams establish themselves, win belts, etc. Then, if business is slow, you throw the Warriors into a feud to win the belts and get the crowd going.

After I sent out the email, I did think about Arn and Tully, who would be right there next to the Midnights and above Arn and Ole. I also felt bad forgetting any combination of the Freebirds that had Michael Hayes. Very similar to the Road Warriors, these guys could get over without winning a belt and had perhaps one of the greatest guys on the mic (Hayes).

My 6-10 would be:

Arn and Tully

Freebirds

Arn and Ole

Rock and Roll Express

Midnight Rockers

Funny, I'm remembering the old Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup Tournament that the NWA would have each year. Even though it was supposed to highlight the best tag teams in the world, with the exception of the Warriors winning the first one (in an apparent move to award them with something other than the titles), SINGLE WRESTLER who happened to be in team won the next ones (Nikita and Dusty, followed by Sting and Luger)

The Rock n Roll Express have to be included even though I really didn't like them back then. To me, they were very good at taking a beating for 30 minutes to only win the match in the end. That used to drive me crazy.

Rock n Roll and Midnight Express...one of the greatest feuds (in terms of pure performance value) I've ever seen. I liked the RnR, but the double dropkick from two lightweights as a knockout finisher seems so hack now.

Morton could bump for the entire match, just take a pounding, and tag in Mr. Charisma, Robert Gibson for the super crowd pop.

Guest sith lord
Rock n Roll and Midnight Express...one of the greatest feuds (in terms of pure performance value) I've ever seen. I liked the RnR, but the double dropkick from two lightweights as a knockout finisher seems so hack now.

Morton could bump for the entire match, just take a pounding, and tag in Mr. Charisma, Robert Gibson for the super crowd pop.

You said it. Honestly, between 85-87 I don't know if a team was ever as over as they were. Kids and young women absolutely loved them.

You said it. Honestly, between 85-87 I don't know if a team was ever as over as they were. Kids and young women absolutely loved them.

Catch an old video of their matches back then...the arena woud be deafening due to the amount of screaming girls. Arm Drag (SCREAM)...hip toss (SCREAM)...stand still (SCREAM LOUDER). It was wild.

Saw an old Windham/Flair match that was non stop action and cheering for 60 minutes...insane. You do two arm drags nowadays, and you start getting the BORING chant.

I can understand why people calling The Dudleys, (eff that Team 3D mess) overrated, but they are one of the most decorated tag teams. On top of that, if there was some sort of Fantasy Tag Team Tourney, I would have no problem with putting them in there (along with America's Most Wanted). The Dudleys may not have accomplished as much on a worldwide scale as the Road Warriors, but I put them in that same grouping as one of the better tag teams in Pro wrestling.

As for some of my all time fave tag teams.

Road Warriors

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard

The Twin Towers (Sid Vicious and Mean Mark Kallous[The Taker])

Harlem Heat

The Steiners

The British Bulldogs

The Rock and Roll Express

Tito Santana and Rick Martel

The Hart Foundation

The (Midnight) Rockers

Rock and Sock Connection LOL

Demolition

The Dudleyz

The Christopher Street Connection

America's Most Wanted

EDIT # 2

Forgot about Homicide and Low Ki.

And yeah, Orton being out an extra 3 months is no big loss. I just wonder how they will work his heel angle with JBL sucking up a good amount of the heat from the crowds.

I can understand why people calling The Dudleys, (eff that Team 3D mess) overrated, but they are one of the most decorated tag teams. On top of that, if there was some sort of Fantasy Tag Team Tourney, I would have no problem with putting them in there (along with America's Most Wanted). The Dudleys may not have accomplished as much on a worldwide scale as the Road Warriors, but I put them in that same grouping as one of the better tag teams in Pro wrestling.

As for some of my all time fave tag teams.

Road Warriors

Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard

The Twin Towers (Sid Vicious and Mean Mark Kallous[The Taker])

Harlem Heat

The Steiners

The British Bulldogs

The Rock and Roll Express

Tito Santana and Rick Martel

The Hart Foundation

The (Midnight) Rockers

Rock and Sock Connection LOL

Demolition

The Dudleyz

The Christopher Street Connection

America's Most Wanted

EDIT # 2

Forgot about Homicide and Low Ki.

And yeah, Orton being out an extra 3 months is no big loss. I just wonder how they will work his heel angle with JBL sucking up a good amount of the heat from the crowds.

No problem with the Dudley's being thought of as a good/above good tag team, and the "decoration" thing means that they can carry the ball for a promotion, which is a testament to their ability and appeal- but later in their WWE/F years they were a clown act (only about tables and the WASSUP drop), and their WCW tag team title reign was under the WWE/F flag, so it can't really be considered a "true" reign (but that's semantics).

I didn't mind Strike Force (Santana and Martel) but I would've loved to see how far the Can-Am Connection (Martel and Tom Zenk) would've gone in the WWF if Zenk didn't high tail it.

I would take out Rock and Sock since they weren't a true "regular" tag team. I would add Michael PS Hayes and Jimmy Jam Garvin (or Terry Bam Bam Gordy)...FREEDBIRDS BABY!!!!

Good. randy Orton stinks.

As for Demolition, you guys are all stupid.... :)

Seriously, I didn't watch WCW as a kid, so I always thought the Road Warriors were a rip off of Demolition. I know better now, but Demolition was the **** when I was a kid. And what you know at 10 is always right.

The second I saw the Demos introduced, and think I dry heaved. The outfits were fine, but my gawd, if this was the WWF's answer to Hawk and Animal, they could've at least got guys in shape. Ax and Smash were fat ***es.

The Powers of Pain were a better group, but they didn't last long for some reason in the WWF. They were the perfect Warriors wannabe, since that was their whole angle in the NWA.

I watched both promotions, but leaned towards NWA/WCW because it seemed (oh my gawd, am I going to say this)...real :doh: . Flair COULD lose, and did from time to time, while it was always Hogan starting strong- getting beat- hulking up- body slam/ leg drop- posing for years...rinse and repeat. Plus, NWA didn't have as many roid monsters...NWA wrestlers looked like "athletes".

A few things I want to say about Raw.

I'm keeping an EXTREMELY open mind towards the Kane/Mysterio Alive or Dead angle. I want this to work and I'm being optimistic but man its hard to be behind this. This has potential. St first I thought it would be more epic than Mysterio's mask- but upon further review I am keeping an open mind.

I love Jericho's new tights. Speaking of Y2J his match vs Kane at SS isn't hyped up in the slightest. This feud never developed. Why is this happening? An HBK run in?? or a Mysterio run in?

WHY did they give Cena and Batista the belts in the first place? They had it for one week! Ugh! This is why teams like the Dudley boys are seen as 8 time champions in the WWE because technically Rhodes and Dibiase (SP- I'm a fan of his) are now 2 X World Champions. What the hell was the point of a won week dropping of the titles? someone help me here

My own top 10 greatest list of Tag Teams since the 1980's includes:

The Rock N Roll Express

The Gangstas (New Jack and Mustaffa)

The Steiner Brothers

The Road Warriors

Demolition

The Midnight Rockers

The Midnight Express (Stan Lane and Bobby Eaton version)

The Hart Foundation

The Freebirds

The Fantastics

In no paticular order. The thing that stands out to me is that of the 10 listed, none are from the last 10 years. Tag team wrestling sucks today.

About team 3D, to me watching the Dudley Boys come up in the early 90's with Sign Guy, studering Buh Buh, Big Dick, Spike, Joel Gerdner, and Devon was the best. The Dudleys in the late 90's when they went to the WWF showed that a team from ECW could make it to the top of the WWF. But after the TLC matches they've become a shell of themselves.

Come on, I want everybody to admit it.

Who isn't digging the Mike Adamle era?

Atleast he didnt have to use his cheat sheet of notes this week. "An Adamle Original" is pretty good. He's doing a lot better than expected but I'm still hesitant. I do forsee myself giving you mad props bro in the future if you call this one right. And hopefully you are right and Adamle does well :cheers:

You guys are talking tag teams & none of you have mentioned AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels.

Speaking of TNA tag teams, LAX with Konan had to have been one the most over heel teams I've seen in a long time. I was also a fan of AMW due to both the gimmick & the heat they had. Vinny Mac would ruin LAX like he did with the MexiCools, but I could see AMW getting over HUGE in WWE.

And then there were the Hollywood Blondes - Austin & Pillman.

:applause::applause::applause::notworthy:notworthy

I can't believe that slipped my mind. They are easily in my top 10. They should have been together longer. TK FTW on Tag Team Talk.

Also what about the Outsiders? Could you really view the team of Hall and Nash as legitimate (they came out together and had a team name) or could they just not seperate themselves from the nWo when they came out as the Outsiders??

Edge and Christian need to be mentioned along with the greatest tag teams, both are fabulous on the mic and get it done in the ring whether as a team or on there own.

Other Notes:

- As far as the Randy Orton situation, I'm assuming it's fake and fully expect to see him this Sunday. He supposedly flew 300ft ( a football field) and managed a few scrapes and a re-injured collarbone just a day after he admitted he was cleared to wrestle and hinted about being backstage at Summerslam.

- I'm hoping Kane and Mysterio don't feud and that Kane simply outsmarted Adamle by replacing the mask in the bag. I mean earlier that night he was prepared to kill Adamle if he tried to take the bag and than all of a sudden he caves and laughingly takes out the Mysterio mask. Plus who would want to see Kane vs Mysterio?

I'd love to see the Kane storyline go like this: a backstage segment where Santino is backstage with a pot of coffee and is startled by Kane from behind and throws "scalding" coffee in Kanes face, Kane leaves for a month or two (as he has little to do right now with the main event all bundled up) and comes back at a PPV with the Old Mask on (Maybe even on Smackdown to feud with the Undertaker again as Smackdown could use another Main Eventer).

- Adamle is serving his purpose and luckily we no longer have so much focus on the GM because the real focus should be on the wrestlers anyway. As long as Adamle stays out of storylines he'll work out fine.

I'd love to see the Kane storyline go like this: a backstage segment where Santino is backstage with a pot of coffee and is startled by Kane from behind and throws "scalding" coffee in Kanes face, Kane leaves for a month or two (as he has little to do right now with the main event all bundled up) and comes back at a PPV with the Old Mask on (Maybe even on Smackdown to feud with the Undertaker again as Smackdown could use another Main Eventer).

Didn't Jericho and Kane do something like this? :laugh:

When Kane mentioned the mask, I was :excited: then I was like :wtf:.

And then there were the Hollywood Blondes - Austin & Pillman.

I'm in the minority on this team as the only thing that stood out about them to me was the endless Pillman 'whining' when they split.

Some I didn't see mentioned yet:

Steamboat and Youngblood

The Eliminators (I can still hear Joey Styles screaming "Total Elimination!")

Sabu and Van Dam

Garea and Martel FTW (Mirror versions of each others trunks :applause: )