Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Americans think Bubba more honest then Dubya

chomerics

From the camp of "you can't make this crap up", Americans actually think the man who was going to bring "Honesty to the White House" is now viewed as more dishonest then his predecessor.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/12/bush.clinton.poll/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

When asked which man was more honest as president, poll respondents were more evenly divided, with the numbers -- 46 percent Clinton to 41 percent Bush

the only things bush brought to his supporters were tax cuts, which is mostly what those voters care about. **** everthing else just give me more money :doh:

I guess you have a point. But, the only things Clinton brought to his supporters was free money from the government as a reward for doing nothing. :silly:

And these are the same people that voted them both into office. No wonder we can never get an actual honest president that has the well being of the country at the front of his agenda. Just very sad.

Just keep the other Clinton off the ticket.

I guess you have a point. But, the only things Clinton brought to his supporters was free money from the government as a reward for doing nothing. :silly:

welfare reform happened during his tenure, are you going to elaborate on this point or just use the same old rhetoric?

welfare reform happened during his tenure, are you going to elaborate on this point or just use the same old rhetoric?

I credit the Republican revolution when Newt took over with welfare reform more than I credit Clinton. One of the few things they did right.

Yep lets use CNN as a barometer. Some "objective" source.

So you discredit anything without the RNCs stamp of approval. . . how typical. Do you understand polling science and demographics? Do you know WHY they have a MOE? Do you know what the 3-sigma level for a poll is, how they derive it, and the laws behind its use?

Please bring something to the table other then "I don't like the results so I don't believe the poll". It is mindless ignorance concerning anything that disagrees with the RNC that got Dubya elected in the first place, lets not chose to go dawn that path again, and instead try to understand the poll, what the position was and how to interpret the results before blindly believing or disbelieving anything.

What should we expect?

That's what you get when you appear to value secrecy over transparency. Soon enough, even people who agree with your policies begin to wonder about your motives.

There're some pretty smart people in this administration, too. How do they miss grasping such an elementary concept?

What should we expect?

That's what you get when you appear to value secrecy over transparency. Soon enough, even people who agree with your policies begin to wonder about your motives.

There're some pretty smart people in this administration, too. How do they miss grasping such an elementary concept?

Secrecy is highly valued by traitors and thieves.

In the Post/ABC September 13, 1998 poll, three-quarters of the American public said that the President was not honest and trustworthy. Lets see...thats 25% when he was in office, but Bush still has 41% believing he is honest. So as anyone can see...time does matter.

Yeah by pushing welfare reform... :rolleyes:

It's amazing that with all the faults Clinton has you still strike out. lol

In the Post/ABC September 13, 1998 poll, three-quarters of the American public said that the President was not honest and trustworthy. Lets see...thats 25% when he was in office, but Bush still has 41% believing he is honest. So as anyone can see...time does matter.

So, is the change you're pointing out indicate that the fuzzy lens of history has mellowed Slick Willie?

Or does it mean that W has moved the "liar, liar" goalposts?

:)

If the Post & ABC polled this then the numbers were probably worse for Bubba than what they said. :silly:

75% compared to 41%...not too bad I guess.

If the Post & ABC polled this then the numbers were probably worse for Bubba than what they said. :silly:

75% compared to 41%...not too bad I guess.

This was mainly because most American fathers were worried for the safety of their daughters. Bush's lies are more insidious, but less personal.

Archived