Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Is adultery OK?

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In light of the prostitution thread I thought this would be a good topic. What do you think? Is it ok to get some on the side? How do you define adultery?

Please try to keep it relatively clean in your descriptions. :)

why is this being asked.. are you currently involved and looking for solutions to get out of your relationship.. man, y cheat. If you dont like the other person, break up and dont mess up her life.
I am absolutely against it. Although I wasn't before I was born-again. Most folks in the Tailgate know my views on the subject: Matthew 5.

Adultery: A married person having sex with someone other then their husband/wife.

I don't think it's ok.

I think it is also a non-married person having sex with someone else's wife...

I don't think either is ok.

Related to another post:

Is it illegal now? I don't think it is. I know it is in the military, but one of those things that is rarely prosecuted as it is quite difficult to come up with the proof.

Is it illegal now? I don't think it is. I know it is in the military, but one of those things that is rarely prosecuted as it is quite difficult to come up with the proof.
It used to be the only "normal" grounds for divorce once upon a time.

And it shouldn't be illegal either.

I want to agree with you but I don't. I've seen so many of my friends families destroyed because one of their parents decided to get some on the side. Adultery often can cause a lot of harm. If the marriage didn't agree to be open I think adultery should be held against the offending party in divorce cases.

It used to be the only "normal" grounds for divorce once upon a time.

Got you. But one of the posters made a point that it shouldn't be illegal. I'm not sure that it ever was, or if anyone is considering that now, or if someone was just letting us know that "hey, if we want to be able to do that, we should be allowed".

I want to agree with you but I don't. I've seen so many of my friends families destroyed because one of their parents decided to get some on the side. Adultery often can cause a lot of harm. If the marriage didn't agree to be open I think adultery should be held against the offending party in divorce cases.

Maybe it'll stop people from getting quickie marriages.

I used to be strongly against it but now a days, I could care less. People are going to cheat and they don't care who they hurt in the process. All one can do is hope that the cheater contracts a disease that causes much physical pain.

Adultery is 100% wrong. Always.

That said, it's symptomatic of a relationship in trouble. It's the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, not necessarily the cause of all the problems. If someone cheats from the very beginning, that relationship was doomed anyway.

Archived