Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need the hardest hitting NFL video you can find!

SUNSTONE

I got a little debate going on another forum about what's the toughest sport.

Now that's hard to say what exactly is, because it covers EVERYTHING.

But there are these guys who are saying Rugby is tougher than the NFL.

And I'm telling these guys, "hey, if it was sooooo tough, then where are the pads?"

If the NFL switched over to rugby pads, hardly anything, there would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many injurys, and probably a lot of deaths, how effective are those rugby helmets for football?

So I wanted the hardest, nastiest, NFL hard hits video you can find.

Those rugby guys are pretty tough. They get beat up pretty bad. Pretty bloody. Though I think if they played without pads in the NFL, guys would be a lot worst off. So while rugby is a really tough sport, I think football beats it out. More ferocious. Though that is also because we DO have pads.

The answer is hockey.

I totally agree. Impact like that with 82 games a year. Those guys are tough.

I always enjoy the hockey playoffs because I feel like the team that ends up winning truly deserves it. They got the snot beat out of them for a season and then go through a completely intense playoffs.

I got a little debate going on another forum about what's the toughest sport.

Now that's hard to say what exactly is, because it covers EVERYTHING.

But there are these guys who are saying Rugby is tougher than the NFL.

And I'm telling these guys, "hey, if it was sooooo tough, then where are the pads?"

If the NFL switched over to rugby pads, hardly anything, there would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many injurys, and probably a lot of deaths, how effective are those rugby helmets for football?

So I wanted the hardest, nastiest, NFL hard hits video you can find.

Back in the day, football players didn't wear much in the way of pads and guys didn't get hurt as much. Now studies are beginning to show a rise in the frequency of serious injury, particularly concussions, since football players have a false sense of security with modern pads. More guys are leading with their heads when tackling, like Sean Taylor.

Hitting doesn't make you tough, just agressive. Its getting up and playing the rest of the game after being hit that makes you tough.:2cents:

Speaking of which, did you watch that SJ vs Edmonton game last night? They were really laying the wood out there. I think that'll be a good series.

In game 1 of the Flyers/Sabres series somebody laid out Umberger (sp?) of the Flyers. One of the most hardest hits of all-time. NASTY.

I bet SUNSTONE would be ****ting his pants if he was on that field. :laugh: Yeah those pansy Rugby guys..

Are you kidding me?

I played football without pads!

I would have been laughing....but that's the trash talking side of me.

Here you go. This is a large file, so be patient.

www.bangcartoon.com/funstuff/nflhits.mpg

About 15 years or so ago, a european car maker ( I think it was BMW< but I'm not sure) ran tests and came to the conclusion that a player in an NFL football game sustains the same concussive force as a half dozen head on car crashes at 30 MPH during any given game.

Hockey, rugby,, doesn't compare. The speed of NFL football combined with the power of the hits combined with the leverage that is put into the hits makes all other sports pale in comparison.

A hockey player can move very fast, but under it all is simply gliding on ice, he can't get the same leverege on his hits as a football player can.

Rugby.. pfah,, yeah, they don't wear pads, which also serves to slow them down and hit a lot less hard. No matter what, self preservation prevails. There may be some nasty hits, but by and large the overall game is creampuff compared to NFL football.

As I've said to dozens of rugby players who like to toot about them playing with no pads, and that NFL players are all armored up.. well, if they were so tough the NFL would be filled with them.

~Bang

A hockey player can move very fast, but under it all is simply gliding on ice, he can't get the same leverege on his hits as a football player can.

Rugby.. pfah,, yeah, they don't wear pads, which also serves to slow them down and hit a lot less hard. No matter what, self preservation prevails. There may be some nasty hits, but by and large the overall game is creampuff compared to NFL football.

As I've said to dozens of rugby players who like to toot about them playing with no pads, and that NFL players are all armored up.. well, if they were so tough the NFL would be filled with them.

~Bang

This man speaks the truth. Of course Rugby / Australian rules players are tough... nobody is saying they aren't. But the fact that they do not wear pads makes the hits much less severe. Similar to the old NFL from the 1920s and 30s where players didn't get injured near as often, b/c of the leather helmets and little to no pads. To borrow Bang's phrase... self preservation rules.

There is no comparison... American Football is the most violent sport of all.

About 15 years or so ago, a european car makeer ( I think it was BMW< but I'm not sure) ran tests and came to the conclusion that a player in an NFL football game sustains the same concussive force and a half dozen head on car crashes at 30 MPH during any given game.

Hockey, rugby,, doesn't compare. The speed of NFL football combined with the power of the hits combined with the leverage that is put itno the hits makes all other sports pale in comparison.

~Bang

Those are some great hits!

About 15 years or so ago, a european car maker ( I think it was BMW< but I'm not sure) ran tests and came to the conclusion that a player in an NFL football game sustains the same concussive force as a half dozen head on car crashes at 30 MPH during any given game.

Hockey, rugby,, doesn't compare. The speed of NFL football combined with the power of the hits combined with the leverage that is put into the hits makes all other sports pale in comparison.

~Bang

Youch! That hurt just watching it! I've seen a few of those hits before. Steve A****er was a psycho. Was that Pat Fischer in there?

Just imagine a person weighing 222-275 running a sub 4.5 forty hitting you at full steam. (how many miles per hour is that?) That is insane. I remember getting hit in high school by guys weighing less than 200 running 5.0 forty and it hurt like hell.

However I would have to say the toughest sport is UFC. Talk about getting the **** knocked out of you.

Archived