Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell > Leinart, Cutler

D'Pablo

leinart might not have the strongest arm, but he does have the finesse and accuracy that brunell possesses which make them each an asset to their team. ramsey had the strongest arm in the league but had no finesse and accuracy issues. thats why he is no longer in dc

I hate when they bring up the 'Arm Strenth' when evaluating a QB. Unless you really have a noodle arm it is a non-issue IMO. How many times do you actually gun the ball in there or throw it over 40 yards in a game? Accuracy is the most important thing. Leinart might not have the strongest arm but he sees the play develop much earlier and hence is able to put it one the money and on time. Throwing a catchable ball is much more important

I hate when they bring up the 'Arm Strenth' when evaluating a QB. Unless you really have a noodle arm it is a non-issue IMO. How many times do you actually gun the ball in there or throw it over 40 yards in a game? Accuracy is the most important thing. Leinart might not have the strongest arm but he sees the play develop much earlier and hence is able to put it one the money and on time. Throwing a catchable ball is much more important

Hey Coach Walsh is that you? Sounds like your describing Montana again who admitted that the only reason he threw a "catchable ball" was because he didn't have the arm strength to throw bullets.

Kidding aside, everyone seems to drool over Mcnabbs and Favre's darts. Having a strong arm is kinda like being able to run a 4.2 40. It really looks good on paper, but looking good on paper doesnt necessarily translate to gametime talent *cough cough Antonio Brown *cough *cough.

Leinart has been running a pro system with a pro coach for three years. I think the Cardinals' should just start him opening day and see what happens.

Campbell had a very good senior year, but I think there are going to be at least two years worth of growing pains with him whenever he finally starts.

Young is in a different category. He might only complete 45 percent of his passes as a pro, but I think he would still find ways to win games.

I don't get the Cutler love.

To me: 1. Leinart. 2. Young 3. Campbell 4. Cutler.

This is a silly, homerific post but heres my two :2cents: and let the calls of "Oldskool is a USC homer" begin. :laugh:

Campbell had an impressive career in college but he was not in the same strata as Leinert.

Campbell never played in a pro set offense, Leinert did.

Campbell never played in a "true" national championship game. Leinert did twice.

Campbell never won a Heismann trophy. Leinert has.

Campbell might end up having more potential (gotta love that word) but Leinert is probably more polished and ready to play in the NFL right now than Campbell is after sitting on the bench for a year.

all that arm-strength drooling with Cutler is absurd. Brunell's arm is weaker than both Campbell and Cutler but as long as he is healthy he can gun it deep when he has to. It's all about accuracy, leadership, and poise. Brunell has that and so does Campbell. Cutler is scatter-gun.

I agree that scouts overstress arm strength. While yes, it's of course important, it's not everything. Look at Jeff George...he had one of the best arms in the NFL at the time, but he's an ********* and never really amounted to much.

jc will be better than both because of two things physical ability, and coaching. there is an argument that young is more physical. but i am willing to bet he didnt get an 8 on the wunderlic test. he will be way better than lienhart. that said id still give him one more year if we can to grow.

i love gibbs.

I would have to disagree. I think Leinart is miles ahead of Campbell was when he came out. Far more polished and played in a system that is very similar to the NFL.

I beg to differ on this post- I would not say that Leinart is miles ahead of Campbell. We could have made this argument had Leinard came out last year after winning the Rose Bowl. Campbell had the majority of a full year to learn the whole functionality of the NFL and that is not even including offensive executions. Leinart is now going to be going to a team (Arizona Cardinals) where he is going to have to start all over learning a new offense as well as his receivers. Do you think Dennis Green is going to take the Mike Nolan approach and start his prized rookie instantaneously? Think about that for a moment! :point2sky

Yeah, the backup quarterback is always the most popular guy in town. Claiming that Campbell is better than anyone when he's never taken an NFL snap is, of course, blind homerism at it's best. Campbell was raw coming out of college and certainly did not compare to Leinart and Young, but he has a year of coaching from the best coaches in the league. He should be more polished by now. But... he's still never taken an NFL snap.

Stop the Campbell worship. The guy will get his chance. You should be hoping that chance happens later rather than sooner, because the Skins are poised for a championship run and that's not the time that Joe likes to break in a rookie QB.

What's amusing about this is if Campbell were in the draft this year and the Redskins traded their first this year (the one we would have for not taking Campbell last year) and their first next year with the Cardinals and took Campbell over Lienart and Cutler, there would be NO ONE on this board saying it was a great move. We'd be killing the Skins for doing this and not taking Lienart or Cutler.

Hail,

H

This is a silly, homerific post but heres my two :2cents: and let the calls of "Oldskool is a USC homer" begin. :laugh:

Campbell had an impressive career in college but he was not in the same strata as Leinert.

Campbell never played in a pro set offense, Leinert did.

Campbell never played in a "true" national championship game. Leinert did twice.

Campbell never won a Heismann trophy. Leinert has.

Campbell might end up having more potential (gotta love that word) but Leinert is probably more polished and ready to play in the NFL right now than Campbell is after sitting on the bench for a year.

Oh yeah, well Leinert never flunked the Wonderlich, Campbell did. So Campbell has done something Leinert hasn't! :silly:

And as for homers, all of this cool-aid talk reminds me of last offseason when Nemo was the next Jamal Lewis and McCune was the next Ray Lewis.

Ugh! I can't wait for the season to actually begin....

Physically more imposing than Leinart and also with championship credentials. Both had great RBs' date=' but its obvious that Campbell was working with less talent over all (players and coaching [4 coordinators in 4 years']). Cutler has an arm, but Campbell is better than him in every other conceivable way. We got the would-be-#2 QB in this draft at #22 last year. Gibbs looks smarter and smarter each and every day.

lets not say who is "better in every conceivable way" before either play an actual down. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Physically more imposing than Leinart and also with championship credentials. Both had great RBs' date=' but its obvious that Campbell was working with less talent over all (players and coaching [4 coordinators in 4 years']). Cutler has an arm, but Campbell is better than him in every other conceivable way. We got the would-be-#2 QB in this draft at #22 last year. Gibbs looks smarter and smarter each and every day.

This is probably the most ludicrous assertion I have ever seen on this board; and that's saying a lot.

I gaurantee you that both Cutler and Leinart are levels above Campbell. Not trying to hate or speculate, just offering a logical opinion.

I'd still take Campbell over Lienart.

But don't forget Lienart also played againts Top Teams, Top NFL Prospects,and Top High School Prospects. Week in and week out.

yea but campbell went undefeated his senior year in the SEC which is the best football conference in the nation

I think campbell has all the tools. There's no limit to his potential given the right training and preperation, which appears to be what we're doing. The question which might be kindof difficult is, who would be better in OUR system: Leinart with limits on his physical capabilities but who's already groomed and ready, or Campbell, with excellent physical capabilities but requires additional preperation? Its hard to tell right now, but given the possibilities, I'm willing to say Campbell is the better long term fit until I see otherwise.

yea but campbell went undefeated his senior year in the SEC which is the best football conference in the nation

SEC is the best football conference, no doubt, but look at what cutler had to work with at vanderbilt...its surprising he won a game!

Just to back up Cutler a bit, arm strength isn't his ONLY attribute. I think I remember him running in the 4.5-4.6 range at the combine. So he's not exactly a sitting duck with all that arm strength (Ramsey lol). That's as fast as if not faster than Campbell. So add athletic ability to Cutler's list of assets.

Man some of you guys are hard to believe.......

If we were talking about these four quarterbacks and their potential in the future for greatness.

I'd go:

1. Young

2. Leinhart

3a. Campbell

3b. Cutler

Young could be something else. Leinhart will be good. Who knows about Campbell or Cutler, I'd give them the same future prospect.

If you want to go next year startability as far as NFL ready:

1. Leinhart

2a. Young

2b. Campbell

3. Cutler

Leinhart gets the top bill because he's been a psuedo "pro" for two years now. Young based off of sheer physical skills ties Campbell because he's been on the bench for a year learning up, and Cutler rounds it out cause I don't think he could win more than two games for you this year.

I think we have gotten away from the "meat" in this topic. What is that you ask? I will tell you in a bit.

First let me say Leinart is a great QB and yes no way you can compare him to JC LAST year. Even this year you have to give the edge to Matt even though JC has been able to sit and learn at pro level. However don't forget that Leinart has increadible receivers in college but most of all a great offense of line people. Yes JC had a pair of great running backs but so did Leinart, plus a great OL plus great recievers plus...well you get the picture.

Now for the "meat". The fact is would we have been able to pickup a QB with the abilities of JC with our number 22 pick this year? That is the question we should be asking. And are we better off with JC plus his year experience in the system? that is it. We would never have gotten so comparing him to JC is a moot point for us IMO. Now if we would have had the 10th pick in the draft but traded to Arizona last year for JC then we can have this discusion. End of story.

Archived