Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell > Leinart, Cutler

D'Pablo

Physically more imposing than Leinart and also with championship credentials. Both had great RBs, but its obvious that Campbell was working with less talent over all (players and coaching [4 coordinators in 4 years]). Cutler has an arm, but Campbell is better than him in every other conceivable way. We got the would-be-#2 QB in this draft at #22 last year. Gibbs looks smarter and smarter each and every day.

all that arm-strength drooling with Cutler is absurd. Brunell's arm is weaker than both Campbell and Cutler but as long as he is healthy he can gun it deep when he has to. It's all about accuracy, leadership, and poise. Brunell has that and so does Campbell. Cutler is scatter-gun.

I wouldn't say Cambell didn't have talent with him at Auburn.He had two running backs go in the top ten with him.Both of them had good rookie seasons.Leinhart had more recievers.Cambell still has a lot to prove. I hope he has a great pre season.

Yeah I acknowledged that Campbell had great RBs. Leinart had equally as impressive RBs in Bush and White. I can't name a single receiver Campbell threw to, however.

all that arm-strength drooling with Cutler is absurd. Brunell's arm is weaker than both Campbell and Cutler but as long as he is healthy he can gun it deep when he has to. It's all about accuracy, leadership, and poise.

And not making avoidable mistakes. Peyton Manning's arm is much strongeer than Mark Brunell's but the Colts will never win a Super Bowl because Manning will always have a game in the playoffs where he makes stupid mistakes.

Physically more imposing than Leinart and also with championship credentials. Both had great RBs' date=' but its obvious that Campbell was working with less talent over all (players and coaching [4 coordinators in 4 years']). Cutler has an arm, but Campbell is better than him in every other conceivable way. We got the would-be-#2 QB in this draft at #22 last year. Gibbs looks smarter and smarter each and every day.

I disagree. Campbell is not in the same class as Lienart, Young, and Cutler. For comparison sake, SI had Campbell rated 3.87.Campbell SI Rating

This year's class, they rate the following way:

1. Matt Leinart USC 4.55

2. Jay Cutler Vanderbilt 4.42

3. Vince Young Texas 4.41

4. Brodie Croyle Alabama 3.76

QB Class 2006

Campbell would slide into the fourth slot.

Since the variables are the same, I think this is a fair comparison, but I'm not saying SI is the Gospel. Just think that it's a real stretch to say Campbell is better than the guys drafted this year.

Hail,

H

I don't think I would say that campbell is better than leinart, at least not yet. Sure he's more "physically imposing," but what does that really count for these days? Tom Brady doesn't physically impose fear upon me.

I hope Campbell turns out to be better, but we'll see. Let's not go overboard just yet.

Jason Campbell is more NFL ready than Cutler and Lienart for sure but...

Lienart has everything a quarterback needs... Wins, Leadership, Accuracy, Brains everything... The only thing he has going againts him is Arm Strength and Can he stay focused on football. Both those things are fixable or can improve with time.

Cutler isnt gonna be anything special if he dosnt bust which he probally will.

I would take Jason Campbell over Jay Cutler or Matt Lienart any day of the week though. He has the arm strength matt lienart dosnt have that you need to have to a be a quarterback in our offense. He can also scramble unlike Matt Lienart too. He is a winner, faster, more accurate, and smarter than Jay Cutler and probally won't BUST like a balloon like Cutler will.

Jason Campbell is more NFL ready than Cutler and Lienart for sure but...

Lienart has everything a quarterback needs... Wins, Leadership, Accuracy, Brains everything... The only thing he has going againts him is Arm Strength and Can he stay focused on football. Both those things are fixable or can improve with time.

Cutler isnt gonna be anything special if he dosnt bust which he probally will.

I would take Jason Campbell over Jay Cutler or Matt Lienart any day of the week though. He has the arm strength matt lienart dosnt have that you need to have to a be a quarterback in our offense. He can also scramble unlike Matt Lienart too. He is a winner, faster, more accurate, and smarter than Jay Cutler and probally won't BUST like a balloon like Cutler will.

I strongly disagree. Leinart spent his entire collegiate carreer playing in a pro style system. Even after a year.on the bench, I'd feel more comfortable with Leinart as my starting QB then Campbell anyday of the week.

Yeah I acknowledged that Campbell had great RBs. Leinart had equally as impressive RBs in Bush and White. I can't name a single receiver Campbell threw to' date=' however.[/quote']

I didn't see you mention them.:D My fault.

The hype about Cutler and his cannon arm seem vaguely familar to the Ramsey talk a few years back.

Except Cutler can move and make plays on his own.

I disagree. Campbell is not in the same class as Lienart, Young, and Cutler. For comparison sake, SI had Campbell rated 3.87.Campbell SI Rating

1. Matt Leinart USC 4.55

QB Class 2006

Since the variables are the same, I think this is a fair comparison, but I'm not saying SI is the Gospel. Just think that it's a real stretch to say Campbell is better than the guys drafted this year.

Hail,

H

Forgive me if I have absolutely no clue as to what those numbers mean. I'll bet it has something to do with quantifying an intangible like "Matt Leinart gets a 10 out of 10 for leadership." BTW, this is SI we're talking about... They haven't been right about anything football in a very very long time.

I strongly disagree. Leinart spent his entire collegiate carreer playing in a pro style system. Even after a year.on the bench, I'd feel more comfortable with Leinart as my starting QB then Campbell anyday of the week.

His arm is not stronge enough to throw to our recievers like when we need to go "Dallas Cowboys" in the last few minutes of a game.

Jason Campbell is much more fit for this team. But we can all have our own opinions.

The fact of the matter is - I'd take Leinart, Young, or Campbell as my starter in the wings - I'd be very worried about Cutler. Whenever you here people drooling about arm strength, I get worried, plus his team was a loser in college. I realize that he played well, but I think this is a big intangible in a players development...

Forgive me if I have absolutely no clue as to what those numbers mean. I'll bet it has something to do with quantifying an intangible like "Matt Leinart gets a 10 out of 10 for leadership." BTW' date=' this is SI we're talking about... They haven't been right about anything football in a very very long time.[/quote']

Can't argue with your last sentence there! ;)

If you click the links I provided, you can get more information, but the numbers are a compilation that indicate the following (to SI):

Grading System

6.0 to 5.00 -- Franchise Prospect -- A player who can change the course of a game and a consistent performer. Multiple Pro-Bowl possibilities and top ten selection. Top five pick and very rare.

4.99 to 4.10 -- Quality Prospect -- Someone that consistently gives good performances. Occasional Pro-Bowl appearances.

4.09 to 3.75 -- First-Year Contributor -- Prospect that has the ability to make plays from the get-go and start early into his rookie season.

3.74 to 3.45 -- Future Starter -- A good athlete that must learn to be a football player or someone who is an “overachiever”. Quality prospect with long term potential

3.44 to 3.35 -- Fence Player -- Prospect on the fence that has the skills and abilities to succeed but needs time and patience to develop those skills to the fullest.

3.34 to 2.99 -- Practice Squad -- Late-round player that must develop his talents on the practice squad and NFL Europe.

2.98 to 2.40 -- Free Agent -- Player who will make a 60 or 80 man roster.

1. Matt Leinart USC 4.55

QB Class 2006

Hail,

H

All these ratings don't mean jackbone. To say any one of them is better than any of the others is pure conjecture. Ryan Leaf's rating was through the roof. Lofa Tatupu was rated below Jason Campbell as was Odell Thurman. Dan Cody was rated higher than Shawne Merriman.

I'm also not saying that Campbell will be better because until any of them see the field we just don't know. Just my personal opinion but I would rate them in this order:

Leinart

Campbell

Young

Cutler

I strongly disagree. Leinart spent his entire collegiate carreer playing in a pro style system.

"Pro-style" being the operative term, not "Pro."

He was still playing against College Defenses, too, don't forget.

"Pro-style" being the operative term, not "Pro."

He was still playing against College Defenses, too, don't forget.

I'd still take Campbell over Lienart.

But don't forget Lienart also played againts Top Teams, Top NFL Prospects,and Top High School Prospects. Week in and week out.

Forgive me if I have absolutely no clue as to what those numbers mean. I'll bet it has something to do with quantifying an intangible like "Matt Leinart gets a 10 out of 10 for leadership." BTW' date=' this is SI we're talking about... They haven't been right about anything football in a very very long time.[/quote']

4-12 anyone??? :laugh:

Archived