Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell > Leinart, Cutler

D'Pablo

I am suprised people arent jumping all over this thread. First of all how can you say that Campbell didnt have talent 2 top 10 runningbacks? Look at what Linehart accomplished. This is a complete homer thread

Not sure how it's a complete homer thread. The reason that Campbell is being compared to Leinart, Cutler and Young is that if we had not drafted Campbell last year we probably would have tried to move up with the #22 pick to jockey for one of the three. Leinart did accomplish quite a bit but so did Jason Campbell. I'm not saying that Campbell is better than any of the top 3 this year but he deserves at least to be in the discussion.

To state that he is clearly better than them is homeristic but I think putting him in the discussion is reasonable.

The ONLY reason anyone is even trying to say they'd take Campbell is because there are a lot of blind homer Redskins fans on this board. If we ended up with Aaron Rogers they'd be saying the same exact stuff about him with slightly different horribly homeristic rationalizations.

Common sense, people. Very underrated.

I was pretty sure that Aaron Rodgers would bust out of the league considering the legacy of the Tedford QBs (Harrington, Boller, etc...). I assure you this thread would not have been made if I didn't feel that Campbell was on the same level as Leinart, and certainly above Cutler.

The ONLY reason anyone is even trying to say they'd take Campbell is because there are a lot of blind homer Redskins fans on this board. If we ended up with Aaron Rogers they'd be saying the same exact stuff about him with slightly different horribly homeristic rationalizations.

Never would I say the same things about Aaron Rodgers . . . as to Campbell's ability.

Sorry, Aaron Rodgers did not impress me at all from what I saw of him. He was above average, but that's about all i saw.

Never would I say the same things about Aaron Rodgers . . . as to Campbell's ability.

Sorry, Aaron Rodgers did not impress me at all from what I saw of him. He was above average, but that's about all i saw.

Well at least Rogers has gotten to play in a few games. Sure he looked terrible but we havent' seen what Campbell looks like at all yet.

I don't agree with comparing these guys yet, at all. Give them 16 games as the starter and then lets see what we come up with.

You mean other than the fact that given the actual choice Joe Gibbs did pick Campbell? Or are you implying that Gibbs hadn't done any homework and didn't realize what QBs would be available this year and he made the pick like a 4 year old in a toy store "Oooh, I want that!"

I do agree that a lot of people blindly overrate anybody that puts on a Skins uniform (until they are gone) but as I have stated before there is plenty of evidence out there to support someone who actually thinks Campbell will be the best of the 4. Personally I have no idea. He could be the worst of the 4 and make Heath Shuler look like a superstar but it's also very possible he is the best of the 4.

Ahhhhhhhh...

Hey, not my fault that the image had white guy hair and with that first name it ain't possible :cool:

off topic here, but go look at Kedric Golston's pic - its just a generic outline, unless Cash and Golston look exactly alike.

Let me get this straight... Campbell got picked AFTER Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers but you people think he would've been picked BEFORE Young, Leinart, and Cutler??? That's really just absurd, lol. I love that we're supporting our players but sometimes we get carried away. Campbell was considered a reach in the 1st round last year. The fact that he has been on the bench one year doesn't mean you can compare him to a guy that had possibly the greatest college career ever, a guy who played possibly the greatest game ever, and a guy who was rated the best player in the SEC on an average team.

I think any player would love to be a player on this team because we sure know how to hype players up. I wonder how Smoot, Bailey, Arrington, etc. got so big headed when they were in DC??? lol

Let me get this straight... Campbell got picked AFTER Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers but you people think he would've been picked BEFORE Young, Leinart, and Cutler??? That's really just absurd, lol. I love that we're supporting our players but sometimes we get carried away. Campbell was considered a reach in the 1st round last year. The fact that he has been on the bench one year doesn't mean you can compare him to a guy that had possibly the greatest college career ever, a guy who played possibly the greatest game ever, and a guy who was rated the best player in the SEC on an average team.

I think any player would love to be a player on this team because we sure know how to hype players up. I wonder how Smoot, Bailey, Arrington, etc. got so big headed when they were in DC??? lol

I don't know if you are referring to me but I never said that he would have been drafted higher than any of the three this year. For what it's worth I do like him more than Cutler. But you act like Campbell is chopped liver. The line between these guys is very thin.

Physically more imposing than Leinart and also with championship credentials. Both had great RBs' date=' but its obvious that Campbell was working with less talent over all (players and coaching [4 coordinators in 4 years']). Cutler has an arm, but Campbell is better than him in every other conceivable way. We got the would-be-#2 QB in this draft at #22 last year. Gibbs looks smarter and smarter each and every day.

Campbell would not have been number 2 in this draft. I love Auburn. Went to Pat Dye's football camp when I was a kid and became a fan instantly, but I think he was overated. He had the benefit of Cadillac and Ronnie Brown, 2 first round tackles and one of the best defenses in the NCAA. His best asset is Gibbs and Portis. He could be a pretty good QB, but he is not the prospect that Leinart or Cutler were coming out.

This is the kind of thread that others make fun of. Seriously.

Campbell would not have been number 2 in this draft. I love Auburn. Went to Pat Dye's football camp when I was a kid and became a fan instantly, but I think he was overated. He had the benefit of Cadillac and Ronnie Brown, 2 first round tackles and one of the best defenses in the NCAA. His best asset is Gibbs and Portis. He could be a pretty good QB, but he is not the prospect that Leinart or Cutler were coming out.

What's funny is that this is coming from a Cowboy's fan. I've yet to see a single first round tackle that Campbell worked with (if we're talking offensively). Moreover, Campbell did not have anywhere near the receiving threats that Leinart had. In fact, every asset you listed for Campbell could be applied to Lienart and then some. Physically, I'd say that Campbell is superior to Lienart with respect to arm strength, over all strength, speed, and agility. It's not so far fetched that Campbell should be the second rated prospect within this past draft. Looking at last year's draft, he should have been the #1 prospect when we take into account production (wins) and physical attributes. I think that everything we've seen from Rodgers and Smith has proven this thus far.

You're a funny one. Tackles... :laugh:

Cadillac and Brown were two of the best running backs in college football in 2004 (2400 total yards)... but even then its hard to compare their production in Campbell's last season at Auburn to what Leinart had in Reggie Bush and LenDale White in 2005 (over 3700 total yards).

JC did not have receivers or an oline that were anywhere near the calibur that Leinart had at his disposal, either. JC's added mobility, arm, and touch on the deep ball are also worth noting when you compare the two.

Matt Leinart is lucky he got drafted by Arizona because a team with that much talent on offense is probably the only team he will be able to succeed on.

I strongly disagree. Leinart spent his entire collegiate carreer playing in a pro style system. Even after a year.on the bench, I'd feel more comfortable with Leinart as my starting QB then Campbell anyday of the week.

Your crazy, he's garbage...Matt Leinart is going to be sorry in the NFL. Young will be okay, but only because of his football savvy...his arm is so weak (lack of mechanics and his deep ball non existent) and so is Lineharts (weak arm and not great on the move). Cutler is a bust, cannon with no leadership potential, none. This year's draft class with regard to QBs in the first round is a bust, mark my words. Campbell has so much more potential as a leader and overall as a QB---IMO...and I'm not being a homer.

Two things with regard to Leinart and Young:

Matt had all kinds of talent around him...tons of talent and never won games on his own by carrying the team on his back (at least that I recall).

Young did too (have a ton of talent) but was a man amongst boys at the college level. Just like Vick does now, Young will have trouble running on speed defenses at the pro level. Everybody is just too athletic and quick to the ball in the NFL. Campbell will be the better of all of these guys. There are a lot of guys that fly under the radar and are stars in the NFL at the QB level. Just to name a few (Favre, Roethlisberger (no one expected him to win so quickly), Brady, and JEFF GEORGE :laugh: :doh:

HTTR!

I'm guessing you based this on ... ?

Matt Leinart would be the no. 1 draft pick in the 2004 NFL Draft over Alex Smith. And now you rate Jason Campbell higher?

Is it because Jason Campbell has one year under his belt?

Well this perhaps Matt Leinart will be better next year than Jason Campbell was this year.

Archived