Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell > Leinart, Cutler

D'Pablo

Yeah I acknowledged that Campbell had great RBs. Leinart had equally as impressive RBs in Bush and White. I can't name a single receiver Campbell threw to' date=' however.[/quote']

Two were taken in the draft Aramashadu and Obamanu. He had good recievers.

I disagree. Campbell is not in the same class as Lienart, Young, and Cutler. For comparison sake, SI had Campbell rated 3.87.Campbell SI Rating

This year's class, they rate the following way:

1. Matt Leinart USC 4.55

2. Jay Cutler Vanderbilt 4.42

3. Vince Young Texas 4.41

4. Brodie Croyle Alabama 3.76

QB Class 2006

Campbell would slide into the fourth slot.

Since the variables are the same, I think this is a fair comparison, but I'm not saying SI is the Gospel. Just think that it's a real stretch to say Campbell is better than the guys drafted this year.

Hail,

H

They also gave Harrington a 4.45

They also gave Boller a 4.38

Drew Henson got a 4.00

Ramsey, a 3.85

In an earlier version of this rating system they rated Couch above Culpepper and Tom Brady a full 2 points lower than both. How about, let's see the kids play before we start annointing the second coming of Sammy Baugh

Here's the problem. Had we kept our first round pick this year, maybe, just maybe, we could have packaged it and a first next year to move into the top ten. Then we'd be looking at Leinert and Cutler which is why I think it's relevant to know where Campbell would stack up against this year's QB crop.

To me, you never give up a future first round pick to move into the bottom third of the first round.

Hail,

H

But he wouldnt be ready to take over for Mark Brunell.

Its an extremely long shot that a QB does well from the beginning.

Getting the 2 years with the clipboard is what seperates the Ron Mexicos from the Steve Youngs.

We are not really compairing apples to apples here, But for the sake of Argument if I had to choose between Young, Leinart, Cutler, or Campbell, I would choose Campbell for these reasons...

Vs Young

1) He possesses equal or better arm strenght.

2) He is more accurate.

3) He Played in a pro system at Auburn.

4) He is not the Runner Young is, but he is plenty mobile.

5) Led his team to a Championship as well.

6) Has a year in the Pros already.

Vs Leinart

1) He possesses much better arm strenght.

2) He is as accurate.

3) He also Played in a pro system at Auburn.

4) He is much more mobile.

5) Led his team to a Championship as well.

Vs Cutler

1) He possesses equal arm strenght.

2) He is more accurate.

3) He Played in a pro system at Auburn.

4) He is more mobile.

5) Led his team to a Championship.

you cannot go by SI's evaluation of these QB's due to the fact that Campbell's Rating is based on last year without his NFL experience. I will go on record to say that Jason Campbell will have a much better Career than all of the others.

Physically more imposing than Leinart and also with championship credentials. Both had great RBs' date=' but its obvious that Campbell was working with less talent over all (players and coaching [4 coordinators in 4 years']). Cutler has an arm, but Campbell is better than him in every other conceivable way. We got the would-be-#2 QB in this draft at #22 last year. Gibbs looks smarter and smarter each and every day.

Oh my...Only on extremeskins. :applause:

I find it funny all those who say cutler is over rated... never even watch one of his games....

You guys don't get it

He made all sec as a freshman, and was sec player of the year last year... Playing with freaking VANDY.............

think people that doesn't just happen.

:2cents:

interesting debate. i have watched jason campbell and jay cutler play all the years they played in the sec. some of the comments are wild. saying leinart played in a better conference than the sec, is laughable. jay cutler, played on a very average team, that got beat by mtsu, and then upset tennessee. he does have a strong arm, but, he makes some really bad decisions, forces a lot of passes, and fumbles a lot trying to make the big play. does not read defenses well yet, because he played at vanderbilt, not the highest paid staff in the sec. campbell, has been a steady improvement at auburn his whole career there. his junior year was his breakout year. he was surrounded by excellent receivers, rbs, and a strong offensive line. his defense was very good at getting turnovers as well. he always played within himself. he had complete control of the game, and rarely made bad throws or made bad decisions that cost his team. his junior year, the auburn team was undefeated, and should have been playing for the title instead of oklahoma. talent wise they matched up really good. he has a stronger arm, and is just as accurate. more mobility than leinart. very coachable, mainly, because his dad was a high school head coach, and he learned early, how important it was to play consistently. he never complained, steady as a rock, has confidence. victor young, more athletic, but, not the leader, nor the qb skills that jason has acquired over his 4 years of college. believe me, jason will be very effective when joe gibbs gives the ball over to him. i also believe, jason will not be the leader of the team unless he shows the coaches, he can do it.

Nice to see information from somebody with first hand knowledge and observation.

:applause:

I find it funny all those who say cutler is over rated... never even watch one of his games....

You guys don't get it

He made all sec as a freshman, and was sec player of the year last year... Playing with freaking VANDY.............

think people that doesn't just happen.

:2cents:

It's interesting because Cutler gets to use Vandy as a crutch. Whenever they lost, it wasn't his fault, his team sucked. Whenever they won, he carried a terrible team.

I'm still bothered that the one game his senior year where Vandy had more talent than the opposition (Middle Tennessee State), he still lost.

Cutler is great at reading and throwing slants and quick outs. I thought he'd be a great fit in a pure West Coast system.

I'm in SEC countray and I'm concerned about his decision making and accuracy in throwing the ball down the field.

But he wouldnt be ready to take over for Mark Brunell.

Its an extremely long shot that a QB does well from the beginning.

Getting the 2 years with the clipboard is what seperates the Ron Mexicos from the Steve Youngs.

I like the fact that he has a year under his belt and will probably get another year, but that wasn't the point of the topic, I don't believe. I think I'd rather have one of the three drafted this year and one year to learn than Campbell with two years to learn. Five years down the road, it won't matter that one guy has four years of experience and the other five years.

The original debate was whether Campbell was better than the three guys taken this year and I don't think he is. Most "experts" (not ES "experts") would agree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin' on the guy. I hope he's great, but it seemed like a questionable move to me at the time and to say he's better than the top three this year is a stretch.

Hail,

H

Remember Elway played at Stanford (Vandy West) that went like 5-6 (I believe) his Sr year and he was the #1 overall pick. In fact Elway never played in a bowl game in 4 years as a starter at Stanford.

I think most "experts" would have Campbell & Cutler rated about the same.

I strongly disagree. Leinart spent his entire collegiate carreer playing in a pro style system. Even after a year.on the bench, I'd feel more comfortable with Leinart as my starting QB then Campbell anyday of the week.

Ahhh the wise, and so true

i 2nd that

HTTR

Physically more imposing than Leinart and also with championship credentials. Both had great RBs' date=' but its obvious that Campbell was working with less talent over all (players and coaching [4 coordinators in 4 years']). Cutler has an arm, but Campbell is better than him in every other conceivable way. We got the would-be-#2 QB in this draft at #22 last year. Gibbs looks smarter and smarter each and every day.

this is all speculation. so everyone can make a point and seem right. but if you look back a few years, brady graded less than all of them. so will you take brady or campbell?

Shuler graded higher than these guys. so will you take shuler again?

Why has this thread even spun into a Campbell, Leinart, Cutler discussion? Campbell was in last years class...

Leinart would have went #1 last year and Cutler went 11th this year...

Who cares?

Compare Jason Campbell/Aaron Rogers...

They went 24th/25th last year...

Isn't that the point of the thread? It IS about Campbell, Leinert, and Cutler.

The Thread is 8 pages long - apparently some people care. Just fun to discuss, that's all.

Hail,

H

Archived