Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you expect to be effected by protests? (Merged)

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

"After all, we're all immigrants expect for the Indians."

once again, demonstrating the left's view toward actually complying with laws in our country.

Perjury by the President in a court of law? not important.

drug laws? who needs them

immigration laws? just let everyone on the planet move to America.

this kind of thinking makes me ill.

Has anyone even noticed the protests? did they actually follow through with it?

not yet, I have been bouncing back and forth between Headline News, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC and Fox News and there is almost nothing about them, certianly no continuous coverage

Has anyone even noticed the protests? did they actually follow through with it?
They will have trouble getting much support. The radicals have been too outspoken and instead of making it about human rights and realism they've tried to make it into a mass amnesty event. This is exactly why the protests a few week ago had so many people in the streets (they were not about amnesty), and why this event won't do nearly as well as they think it will.

Would you mind telling me who does not want them documented and taxed?

There are two sides and a lot of middle ground in this debate as I see it. On one side you have the "kick them all out" folks. On the other you have the "amnesty for all" folks. Everyone that isn't pushing an irrational unworkable mass deportation strategy wants them documented and taxed for one reason or another.

Amnesty for all, does want them documented and taxed but also given immediate citizenship, the kick them outers don't woant them documented and taxed.

The middle ground is where 90% of the people are, which is what I was saying. MOst of the people calling for Amnesty are Hispanic rights people, most people calling for kick them out are just not educated on this subject (includes dems and reps, infact I just finished talking to a dem regarding this and he says pack them all on buses and ship them out). That leaves everyone else who in fact wants them to be documented as they are important to our labor force, and we want them taxed because that would certainly help the economy and allow for additional tax cuts across the board

They will have trouble getting much support. The radicals have been too outspoken and instead of making it about human rights and realism they've tried to make it into a mass amnesty event. This is exactly why the protests a few week ago had so many people in the streets (they were not about amnesty), and why this event won't do nearly as well as they think it will.

Yeah I think that the need to drop that amnesty idea, cuz I don't see that happening, the majority of the American voters will not support that.

I merger your two threads being they are covering two aspects of the same subject.

I intended for them to cover different aspects, 1 a perceived effect, and then 2 an actual effect, but they seemed to have steared the same direction as the actual effect is all that really matters now.

Thanks

There was a huge line at the McDonald's drive-thru this morning. At first I thought someone had made a big order or something. Then I realized that gerenally all the people who work the windows are Latino, and it dawned on me what the hold-up was. I got to the second window, finally (the first was closed), and some poor Indian woman who I'd never seen before was taking the money and giving out the food. Someone barked an order at her and she said something under her breath about "I can't do seven jobs at once." Then she smiled at me, handed me my change and my food and I was off, shaking my head at the irony of that poor immigrant woman having to shoulder the load for people missing work in order to show support for immigrants ...

Who cares. They should make everyone trying to enter the "rally" show their official, government-issued identification in order to get in. The people that can't, in the pokey you go. Should cut down on some of the "protest" traffic.

Actually, do you even have to have legal documentation to get a driver's license? I don't even know anymore.

Who cares. They should make everyone trying to enter the "rally" show their official, government-issued identification in order to get in. The people that can't, in the pokey you go. Should cut down on some of the "protest" traffic.

Actually, do you even have to have legal documentation to get a driver's license? I don't even know anymore.

Yeah... Illegal immigrants have no rights, because they are not a part of this country. They are ILLEGAL. The immigrants who got here legally you would think would be upset at the illegal immigrants because all that does is make it more difficult for those immigrants that come into the country the right way, legally. They should use this demontstration as an oppertunity to pick up illegal immigrants and ship them out. Then you wont have illegal immigrants protesting anymore, but rather hiding as they should since they are illegal. Name any other person that can protest banning something illegal. :doh:

Name any other person that can protest banning something illegal. :doh:

well technically there are a number of people that kind of protest teh banning of Marijuana, even though it is illegal. But I got your point

Thanks, well if it is that wide spead it could mean half of the workers at my company won't show up. I'll just have to wait and see. There is a lot of Hispanics down here in Florida, so I imagine some of the larger cities will be affected. Miami,Tampa (near where I live). I have a number of Hispanics that work for me in my department, since I choose who makes it in that department, they are good employees. I have a couple of Mother/Daughter employees where the Mother speaks partial english (they understand more than they can speak), but the daughters are fluent.

None of them asked/or told me they wouldn't be in, but maybe it's too touchy for them to say anything. Again I'll have to wait and see.

All that being said, I'm for tighter restrictions for getting in the USA. :2cents:

Well, I'm at work now and ALL my employees are here. I have seen no effects anywhere yet today. :cheers:

if Americans realized how much of our taxpayer dollars go to support ILLEGALS there would be an even greater amount of anger:

many illegals in California get SCHOOL TUITION FOR COLLEGE!! then there is health care, WIC, social services/church donations.

I didn't even get taxpayer tuition assistance as a fourth generation American..

Left 1 hour late. Got to work in 1 hour. Normally it would take me 1.5 hours if I got to a late start. Can we get the boycotts to continue indefinately?

Also, I passed through Oxnard, CA. The fields were completely empty. There was however a big circus in the middle of town getting ready to set-up.

I'm going to call this "Illegal immigrant sleep in day".

With the lack of influence this protest has had on us all today, maybe we've found out how little effect immigrants (both legal and illegal) have on our daily lives. After reading this thread, the biggest complaint so far is long lines at McDonalds. :laugh:

Archived