Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you expect to be effected by protests? (Merged)

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Really? I'd be kinda surprised if there were that many!

(Then again, what do I know....being down here in the sticks keeps me insulated from all that craziness! :D )

Me too. :laugh:

But there is a HUGE legal hispanic population in California. I don't think there will be two million illegals, but I believe a ton of legal immigrants will show up in support of them.

I wish INS would deputize counter-protestors. I'd be sure to get the day off and break some arrest records. :)

only if you being P***ed off starts Monday, which from this post I highly doubt it.

Does anyone really think that there will be 2 million protesters in LA alone?

Would not suprise me judging from the demographics,probably be a pretty good turnout here too...Who cares :laugh:

Monday May 1st (this monday). They are protesting in just about every city or so they say. They said that they will shut down the country

With the Union,s and CAIR's support and the Dems hustling voters there will probably be a decent turnout....

Shut down the Country?

YEAH in thier dreams. :rolleyes:

With the Union,s and CAIR's support and the Dems hustling voters there will probably be a decent turnout....

Shut down the Country?

YEAH in thier dreams. :rolleyes:

Oddly the Dems for the most part have been quiet about the whole thing

I expect to have an awesome day.

My 1 hour commute will end up being 45 minutes...

During lunch I'll be able to discover which places rely on illegal labor (and are closed)...

In the afternoon I plan on doing major shopping...

If most Americans experience this I can see the protest backfiring on the illegal immigration crowd.

The Dems are quiet about everything. All they know is that "the Administration is wrong." :rolleyes:

As for how they would do ANYTHING better?

*crickets*

Monday May 1st (this monday). They are protesting in just about every city or so they say. They said that they will shut down the country

Thanks, well if it is that wide spead it could mean half of the workers at my company won't show up. I'll just have to wait and see. There is a lot of Hispanics down here in Florida, so I imagine some of the larger cities will be affected. Miami,Tampa (near where I live). I have a number of Hispanics that work for me in my department, since I choose who makes it in that department, they are good employees. I have a couple of Mother/Daughter employees where the Mother speaks partial english (they understand more than they can speak), but the daughters are fluent.

None of them asked/or told me they wouldn't be in, but maybe it's too touchy for them to say anything. Again I'll have to wait and see.

All that being said, I'm for tighter restrictions for getting in the USA. :2cents:

Me too. :laugh:

But there is a HUGE legal hispanic population in California. I don't think there will be two million illegals, but I believe a ton of legal immigrants will show up in support of them.

I wish INS would deputize counter-protestors. I'd be sure to get the day off and break some arrest records. :)

Do you think they'll be a large group of counter-protesters?

http://www.texasrainmaker.com/2006/04/27/california-democrats-want-taxpayers-to-pay-them-to-protest/

In a move to show solidarity with criminals, California Democrat Lawmakers are planning to walk off the job Monday.

BUT, they want the citizens of California to pay them for the day, so they are changing the regular voting session to a “check-in” session…

…so they can collect their per-diem.

Thanks, well if it is that wide spead it could mean half of the workers at my company won't show up. I'll just have to wait and see. There is a lot of Hispanics down here in Florida, so I imagine some of the larger cities will be affected. Miami,Tampa (near where I live). I have a number of Hispanics that work for me in my department, since I choose who makes it in that department, they are good employees. I have a couple of Mother/Daughter employees where the Mother speaks partial english (they understand more than they can speak), but the daughters are fluent.

None of them asked/or told me they wouldn't be in, but maybe it's too touchy for them to say anything. Again I'll have to wait and see.

All that being said, I'm for tighter restrictions for getting in the USA. :2cents:

So could you (not that you want to or will) fire them for not showing up on monday?

http://www.texasrainmaker.com/2006/04/27/california-democrats-want-taxpayers-to-pay-them-to-protest/

In a move to show solidarity with criminals, California Democrat Lawmakers are planning to walk off the job Monday.

BUT, they want the citizens of California to pay them for the day, so they are changing the regular voting session to a “check-in” session…

…so they can collect their per-diem.

Too bad California is not nearly as important to the opporation of this country as DC and NYC, SO i think that thier impact will not be felt as much as they want, if really at all.

Plus isn't it against the law to impeed traffic during a protest, or to keep people from getting to businesses?

Do you think they'll be a large group of counter-protesters?

No I don't. I think a lot of people are in the same situation as me; feeling very strongly about the issue but having to work an "on the record" job. There will be a massive anti-illegal rally at some point. I just hope I have enough advance notice to get the day off. :)

So could you (not that you want to or will) fire them for not showing up on monday?

No, I couldn't because they have good records and have to go through a series of written warnings and such, and I wouldn't because I really like them, we have mutual respect. I could even understand why they did it, I just wouldn't agree.

NOTE: All the people that work at my company are legal.

No I don't. I think a lot of people are in the same situation as me; feeling very strongly about the issue but having to work an "on the record" job. There will be a massive anti-illegal rally at some point. I just hope I have enough advance notice to get the day off. :)

I don't think there will be either, I think in many areas of protest or different views, it seems hard to get the group the polls/or census show has the larger percent people out to counter-protest.

Archived