Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you expect to be effected by protests? (Merged)

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The only thing I'll probably notice is that I'll have to take out my own trash on Monday morning. ;)

I work for a trash company and I dont forsee any problems. :)

Me too. :laugh:

... but I believe a ton of legal immigrants will show up in support of them.

I work with a Mexican dude who is dead against illegals. He was born here, his parents weren't. They are legals though. He said " F*** the illegals". He thinks of it the same way other naturalized citizens do, and his parents also. He, by the way is from California.

Oddly the Dems for the most part have been quiet about the whole thing
What did you want the dems to say? Please don't protest because you might piss off some hypocrites that didn't mind profitting from you as long as they don't have to support you in anyway or see you or talk to you?

none of the spanish kids are coming to school that day. so i guess i'll be effected and if i go to mcdonalds i won't be served by anyone. So i geuss that's two ways.

Check out the racist comments that you can get away with saying about hispanics. If you said something similarly stereotypical about blacks it was be an outrage. If you said it about whites the conservatives would be in here whining about whites being the most descriminated class in America. Say it about hispanics? Oh that's funny. :rolleyes:

I live in the Los Angeles area and I expect to be effected by the protests. And I don't mind at all. I hope May 1 is a major success for the protesters.

It should not be a felony to be in this country illegally. After all, we're all immigrants except for the Indians.

I won't be able to miss work but I do plan not to buy anything on Monday. I think we need to take a strong stand against the scary rise of right-wing thinking in this country.

Not really. I would guess that a few people won't show up to work and that might affect me some, but they have leave to use for that sort of thing and if they didn't use it there gonna get what they deserve. I work for local government, we're not in the business of hiring illegals or supporting any political protests.

Everyone needs to go out to lunch today.

Buy as much as you can afford at stores- to show these boycott extortionists that Americans still have a backbone and can fight for our country.

Nah, i think i'll just act as if this day is no different than anyother monday.

I'd argue that it already has. Lawmakers ran from making illegal status a felony and the President has said publically that mass deportation will never work. The folks behind "kick them all out" have already lost. They found almost no support in congress and none at all in the white house that are both controlled by the GOP. Now they are desperately trying to characterize a walk out as an attack on America because they've found support vanishing.

Hopefully now rational people will win the day and the border will be closed, immigration greatly expanded, and those already here and working put on the path to legal status.

I think it has backfired-

hopefully just enough to get things done- like a freaking FENCE for g-d's sake!!

if the illegals would have kept their mouths shut, most Americans wouldn't know the precarious situation we are in.

just like the Iranians- when you start to make a commotion that only brings unwanted attention to the danger.

I'd argue that it already has. Lawmakers ran from making illegal status a felony and the President has said publically that mass deportation will never work. The folks behind "kick them all out" have already lost. They found almost no support in congress and none at all in the white house that are both controlled by the GOP. Now they are desperately trying to characterize a walk out as an attack on America because they've found support vanishing.

Hopefully now rational people will win the day and the border will be closed, immigration greatly expanded, and those already here and working put on the path to legal status.

The President is right that mass deportation is nearly impossible and not very fesible, so it won't work.

I don't think there are alot of "kick them out" people out there, but rather people that want them documented and taxed.

The President is right that mass deportation is nearly impossible and not very fesible, so it won't work.

I don't think there are alot of "kick them out" people out there, but rather people that want them documented and taxed.

Would you mind telling me who does not want them documented and taxed?

There are two sides and a lot of middle ground in this debate as I see it. On one side you have the "kick them all out" folks. On the other you have the "amnesty for all" folks. Everyone that isn't pushing an irrational unworkable mass deportation strategy wants them documented and taxed for one reason or another.

Archived