Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Norv Turner Years

SkinsNoles21

I mean, I heard the request about not mentioning his name, and I kinda agree because just the word N##v just brings sadness to everyone in DC. It should be banned just like the other cursed words are.

Actually I think it should enter the dictionary

norv (norv)

vi.

norv, norved, norving [from OR (Old Redskin) norville, to pull a norv, ie. to conduct oneself in a norvish fashion]

1 to raise expectations only to dash them repeatedly from ineptitude

2 to fail miserably without learning from ones mistakes {he just keeps norving over and over again}

3 to wallow in inadequacy while blaming others for it {see Oprah}

n.

1 a dismal failure {he pulled a norv}

to think that 6 years after they were here, Nolan and Turner are reunited again in SF just makes me laugh :)

the 49ers sure have fallen from grace haven't they?

just wait until the lunatics take over the asylum with these two in charge ;)

norv (norv)

vi.

norv, norved, norving [from OR (Old Redskin) norville, to pull a norv, ie. to conduct oneself in a norvish fashion]

2 to fail miserably without learning from ones mistakes {he just keeps norving over and over again}

n.

:point2sky:silly::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::applause:

norv (norv)

vi.

n.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just think thats brilliant, and I stand corrected.

:notworthy

When Joe Gibbs left the Redskins after the 1992 season, it was one disaster after another before he (Gibbs) restored order with 10-6 this season after a 6-10 season in 2004. It was really frustrating for us fans during those times when the Redskins were miserable year after year. It just was not the same when Gibbs left after 1992. The only exception was in 1999 when the Redskins were 10-6, won the NFC East crown, and made the 2nd round of the playoffs. However, we still had the Dallas Cowboy swept us jinx at that time. Of course, all of us including myself think that 2005 Redskins were way better than the 1999 Redskins as far as coaching and players combined thanks to great decision making in acquisitions. They finished 10-6, had a 5-1 record against NFC East Rivals, including a Dallas Cowboy sweep, and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I'm sure the Redskins got a lot of momentum for the 2006 season with new coaches and players. Hopefully, the Washington Redskins will devour any opponent that gets in their way.:helmet:

I Thought this time period was Stricken from every Book and Tablet, and the Name Norv forbidden to be spoken in the Land of Redskins for all time

Nice Ten Commandments reference. Just remember, our years of humiliation in the bondage of mediocrity will be rewarded when we are delivered to the Land of Milk and Honey by our deliverer, Coach Joe Jackson Gibbs.

Norv knows offense. Look at what he did in Dallas before he became our HC? I too though and really glad he is gone. The days of Norv, made me the laughing stock of my work, and social gatherings. I am the only remaining skins fans of all the friends I have had since the first Gibbs era. I am tired of hearing "Deadskins" and I am glad to be back in the positive spotlight again.

I just want to say that I am extremely greatful that Joe Gibbs is at the helm and not Norv Turner. The difference between our coaching staff now and our coaching staff of before..Norv and Spurrier..is a complete 180. People may feel as though we are overconfident about our team, but that is because we finally can be. Joe Gibbs will back up all this talk of success. Norv Turner however has no idea how to do that. Our free agent signings of now, compared to then, are also completely different. For people to compare the two to me are obsurd. Today we are signing young talent free agents, compared to then, when it was big name playes who the game had passed by. Before I would say that the Redskins were going to be good with doubt in my voice, now i say it confidently and proud.

The Norval Turner years in Washington will go down in history the same way the Norval Turner years in Oakland will.....meaningless.

Gibbs has restored the belief that this team is for real in its fans. The idea that it is a TEAM and not an individual effort.

Can we create a filter on this board so we no longer read the name Norv????

I would like to propose an addition to the board rules -

XIII) Anyone invoking the name of Norv Turner, unless it is used explicitly as a put down, slam, or another commonly recognized derogotory terms**, shall has his avatar changes to Norv Turner, with a title of "Cowboy Lover".

** Acceptable uses include:

a. He sure pulled a Norv on that one...

b. The only thing worse than that would be bringing Norv back

c. Any of those listed in post #26, which is brilliant...

I just want to say that I am extremely greatful that Joe Gibbs is at the helm and not Norv Turner. The difference between our coaching staff now and our coaching staff of before..Norv and Spurrier..is a complete 180. People may feel as though we are overconfident about our team, but that is because we finally can be. Joe Gibbs will back up all this talk of success. Norv Turner however has no idea how to do that. Our free agent signings of now, compared to then, are also completely different. For people to compare the two to me are obsurd. Today we are signing young talent free agents, compared to then, when it was big name playes who the game had passed by. Before I would say that the Redskins were going to be good with doubt in my voice, now i say it confidently and proud.

not sure why anyone would want to even bring up the norv years... like bringing up a bad former marriage.. best to simply move on and be happy

i dont understand what happened to norv in oakland this year. everyone said he would be such a great offensive coordinator and he has such a great offensive feel for the game. they had all the weapons in oakland and their offense sucked. they had the best WR in the game, plus a damn good number 2 in porter. lamont jordan is pretty damn good as well. what happened?

Archived