Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Norv Turner Years

SkinsNoles21

i dont understand what happened to norv in oakland this year. everyone said he would be such a great offensive coordinator and he has such a great offensive feel for the game. they had all the weapons in oakland and their offense sucked. they had the best WR in the game, plus a damn good number 2 in porter. lamont jordan is pretty damn good as well. what happened?

It's called leadership, and the ability to discover character. Just like Joe Gibbs says, everyone has the talent at this level to win, it is the players with the most character who are successful. Turner has no ability to lead, or create the right chemistry among his players. When he was here all we ever heard about was no chemistry between the players. Alot of people said it was because of the free agents we continued to bring in. But now in the Gibbs II era, we continue to bring in free agents, however, we find the perfect players to fit our scheme and players who are good, hungry, competitive guys who want to win. Many say Brandon Lloyd was disgruntled, but that is bc he has a true love for football and wants to win, Gibbs and co. recognize that in a player, something mediots cannot. No matter who we bring in team chemistry will never be an issue. Everyone knows they have a hall of fame coaching staff leading the way, and if they follow the leadership of truly great men, they will become champions. Norv may know x's and o's, but he doesn't know true football.

I just want to say that I am extremely greatful that Joe Gibbs is at the helm and not Norv Turner. The difference between our coaching staff now and our coaching staff of before..Norv and Spurrier..is a complete 180. People may feel as though we are overconfident about our team, but that is because we finally can be. Joe Gibbs will back up all this talk of success. Norv Turner however has no idea how to do that. Our free agent signings of now, compared to then, are also completely different. For people to compare the two to me are obsurd. Today we are signing young talent free agents, compared to then, when it was big name playes who the game had passed by. Before I would say that the Redskins were going to be good with doubt in my voice, now i say it confidently and proud.

GREAT POINTS. Moreover, we held onto Norv for too long; mainly b/c he was here when Cooke died and there was the ownership transition. The time we held onto Norv caused years of uncharacteristic Skins performances, which caused the fans to become impatient with subsequent Coaches.

I believe that it takes 3 seasons for a new coach to turn a team around, ie consistant playoff contender.

Well, THANK GOD WE'RE BACK!!!!!! :cheers:

Just look at my signature..... The beginning of the "Dark Ages"

Norv and his #1 pick, HEATH SHULER!

I've got to disagree with you on that. No one could have predicted Heath would be THAT bad. That's like saying the Colts could have picked Leaf and done well.

It's pretty much a crap shoot.

However, Norv is a terrible head coach. He's an amazing Offensive Coordinator.

Who was the last coach to get us into the playoffs before JG2?

Norv, as much as I really dislike the guy, was actually getting this team where it needed to be before Dan came in and started playing fantasy football. I still think that we would have made the playoffs again in 2000 with the same team as 1999.

Norv got a raw deal when Dan came on, just my humble opinion.

Commence bashing.

Archived