Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Favre to Annouce His Plans Saturday

jimster

I'm not so sure he was the one behind this press conference - just a hunch and I could be wrong. Favre seemed kind of surprised that all the press was there anticipating a decision. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it though..hard to say.

edit - when I say 'behind this press conference', I mean that it being the sole reason for the conference. This is also about his foundation and the charity golf event and stuff.

Favre called the conference a joke...not in a mean way though, but apparently he had never planned to announce any kind of decision today. Someone else spread that around. In Favre's mind, the conference was supposed to be mainly about his foundation, the golf event, and Katrinna charity. That's what I took from his comments at least.

...looking back now, that would have been a good way to get exposure for his event and foundation though, but I personally don't think that's the case.:2cents:

Favre called the conference a joke...not in a mean way though, but apparently he had never planned to announce any kind of decision today. Someone else spread that around. In Favre's mind, the conference was supposed to be mainly about his foundation, the golf event, and Katrinna charity. That's what I took from his comments at least.

...looking back now, that would have been a good way to get exposure for his event and foundation though, but I personally don't think that's the case.:2cents:

Agreed

I dont see how people can fault favre for wanting to win. He should come here for a cool Million and compete with brunell. He'll get his chance here. Win Win situation. I mean they just ran down his career numbers. He is 2nd in everything behind Dan Marino. Why say he wants a spotlight? The MEDIA puts the spotlight on him.

Bahhh, The only thing he annouced is that he's still undecided.I doubt he'll

play.Sure everyone wants to win,but you can't have winning seasons all the time.You gotta take the ups with the downs.If he wants to play for a S.B.

contender his needs to play for a new team. he only has at the most 3 years left & the Packers aren't gonna get to the S.B. by then.

I am so sick of this guy. He WAS a great player. Now he's an interception machine who hurts his team as much as helps them. I'm glad he's finally getting some criticism -- if anyone else was acting like this, they'd be getting crucified by the press.

Just make up your mind already, Brett. Hell, the Pack could have made a run at Drew Brees or Culpepper if they weren't so scared of huring Lord Favre's feelings.

At this present time, we’re doing everything we can to win a football game and I believe Brett Favre gives us our best chance to win at this time. It’s nothing against Aaron Rogers. He’s a young quarterback and has a lot to learn. I feel very confident about him. He’s going to be an excellent quarterback at some point. As long as No. 4 is here and capable to play, we’ll play No. 4.

--Mike Sherman, Dec 7, 2005

apparently Sherman is 'confident' in Rogers... take that for what you will. Maybe they never intended to go after Brees or Culpepper regardless of Favre's decision. Anyway, just playing Devil's Advocate here.

If Favre's decision is bothering anyone then you must be giving it too much attention. Sure, I'd like to see him make his decision but I really don't follow it enough for me to be bothered by it.

no it's the amout of attention the media wastes on a non-story, this crap has gone on for 3 years now.

no it's the amout of attention the media wastes on a non-story, this crap has gone on for 3 years now.

You still can ignore the media. If you see it on SportsCenter, then just flip the channel. It is pretty predictable after a while. The media loves this type of thing and they will continue to make it a bigger story than it really is. If Brett does retire, than it is a pretty big story. I could care less that he holds a press conference. If I see a headline that says "Brett Favre says he will hang it up" then that actually has some value to me.

You still can ignore the media. If you see it on SportsCenter, then just flip the channel. It is pretty predictable after a while. The media loves this type of thing and they will continue to make it a bigger story than it really is. If Brett does retire, than it is a pretty big story. I could care less that he holds a press conference. If I see a headline that says "Brett Favre says he will hang it up" then that actually has some value to me.

there are are more interesting and meaningful stories, saying "just ignore" is unrealstic... whenever you watch a football game, sport news, or read internet sport sights, magazie, and local newspaper, it's litter with this non-story..... just becase the media loves it doesn't mean their right, and to be honest after all this time very few people outside green bay care anymore

All this isn't about Brett Favre trying to get attention. It's about pissing off the GM, Ted Thompson, who he hates. I really can't fault him for hating the guy or for screwing with the guy like this. Brett's coming back and with him playing, the Packers DO have a chance to make it to the playoffs. Favre doesn't care about the media; he plays to win and he lives according to what he's gotta do in his life with the people he actually knows, not what everybody else in the media wants him to do.

Ordinarily I'd say that the Packers should just cut his butt now and be done with it but I suspect that's what the baby Favre wants so he can go sign somewhere else.

If I were the Packers, I'd announce that Aaron Rodgers is the starting quarterback and that whoever else is on the team, will have to compete for the 2nd spot. I'd stick it to Favre. If he wants to go out like a baby, then treat him like one.

you know what would be cool? Javon Walker should talk to the media and say the following:

“If Brett wants to know what his best wide out thinks, and I would think he might, I’d tell him he’s going about this the wrong way."

That would RULE!

Archived