Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question - Does the Redskin Logo have a name?

skinsaddict

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure that George Allen and/or Edward Bennett Williams had something to do with the change from the "R" on the helmet to the current logo. What I read "back in the day" was that the emblem (less the feathers etc.) was borrowed from the US Mint. Not sure if from a specific coin or an emblem associated with that sector of the Treasury Dept.

I believe you are correct. The skins emblem closely resembles an Indian head that was on the face of a Buffalo nickel that I used to have. Damn I wish I still had that nickel!

Chief Joseph I believe

786-9r.jpg

ChiefJoseph.jpg

In 1879, Chief Joseph went to Washington, D.C. to meet with President Rutherford B. Hayes and plead the case of his people. Finally, in 1885, Chief Joseph and his followers were allowed to return to the Pacific Northwest, although their new home, the Colville Indian Reservation, was far from their homeland in the Wallowa Valley.

Chief Joseph I believe

786-9r.jpg

ChiefJoseph.jpg

In 1879, Chief Joseph went to Washington, D.C. to meet with President Rutherford B. Hayes and plead the case of his people. Finally, in 1885, Chief Joseph and his followers were allowed to return to the Pacific Northwest, although their new home, the Colville Indian Reservation, was far from their homeland in the Wallowa Valley.

If it's him they need to redo the logo becausse Mr. Redskin does not look like that guy.

Archived