Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question - Does the Redskin Logo have a name?

skinsaddict

Seriously, you don't know the answer to that and your a Redksin fan (Sorry, I apoligize for that, not meant to offend)? Okay, back in the day (early 80's) Joe Bugel was the O-line coach, he made a reference to how the o-line looked like a bunch of hogs and started calling them the hogs. It caught on and the became known only as "The Hogs", it has nothing to do with the name "Redskins", it only pertains to "The Hogs" on the line of scrimmage. The Hogettes are a bunch of lawyers who thought it was funny and started coming to games dressed as "Hogettes", that too, became a silly tradition (but, everyone in the NFL knows the hogs and the hogettes). I think it was a marketing tool originally started by Danny Boys father in his quest to generate income to prepare for his purchase of this organization (that statement is not based on fact and has no truth to it......I think).

I hope that helps, I am sure someone will point out how wrong I am and tell a different story, but that is my story and I am sticking to it.

You are right about the story of how the Hogs and Hogettes came to be, but Snyder or his father had nothing to do with this franchise in 1981, the year the Hogs were born.

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't expect anything less from "Playboy1972."

Answer this for me please. Am I on some list or something? I make a off-color remark, or joke and all these negative comments come out about how in appropriate they are. You got people on here starting threads about "Dead hookers in Chris Cooleys bed" and its funny to you guys. But I make a silly comment about a stupid name, I gotta here about it from the THREAD KINGS.

I like the name Chief Southeast Jerome. Other than that Chief Spendalot works too...so indicative of our current organization.

As for the extra feathers on the logo, they're there because they look better then if they weren't there. Its just good design enhancement.

Archived