Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[A Rams Fan's Take on] Adam Archuleta

ramsrams

He is the highest paid saftey and he has NO arguement of deserving to even be mentioned in the top 5 safteys in the league. :doh:

It's three years at 10 million (including the bonus.) The truth is that we can cut him after that and not take a loss. A lot of that money and those non-signing bonuses are due later in the contract.

I hope that didn't come across as bitter.

I was trying to be objective.

Most of the posters here don't do objectivity.

That said, there are some well informed guys that actually welcome discussion rather than a love-fest. They are few and far between, but they are here.

I love these "opposing fans takes" on players when they leave them to join us.

Last year we had Jets fans up the ass telling us about how Moss was fast but soft up the middle, had alligator arms, and ran out of bounds too much.

Just face it. Your coaching staff can't get the best out of its players. Ours can.

HA! I laugh at Rams fans. The StL ones not the original LA Ram fans. Most StL Ram fans didn't care about their team before 1999 and are quicker than any other fanbase to bail whenthings aren't going well. Believe me I know. I live 90 minutes from St Louis and am around these idiots. Baseball fans they are. Some of the most diehard but casual football fans at best and have zero knowledge of the game. Example of frontrunning being Rams/Skins '05 when the Ram fans emptied out the building when they were only down by one TD in the third. Frontrunners and bandwagoners. Not a healthy fanbase.

BTW, Here are some of the brilliant comments from that board:

Arch is just expressing his feelings and I am sure he knows the Rams won't be 30th next year in D. He has zip chance in Washington because I see the Skins going 8-8 next year. They got some nice pickups but they lose silly games all season long. They will spend spend spend and get no return just like pervious years.
If Daniel Snyder had his way, he would sign everyone and still the Redskins will come up short because I still think they have no QB!

It's interesting that the two teams who were interested in AA where Chicago and Washington. I guess Lovie Smith and Gregg Williams know less about the game of football than some of the folks around here.

believe it or not they actually have someone with a lick of sense. Someone that finally understands that certain players' game elevates in certain systems.

You put a good football player like Arch in a good defense and scheme like Greg Williams', and next to a heckuva FS like Sean Taylor, and his game elevates.

There's no reason why Arch can't be a monster in Gregg's system.

My only concern is his back injury. He hasn't missed any time except for a concussion last year, so hopefully its not an issue.

???????? Ronde has 20+ and Dawkins and Harrison have more than him.

Where is everybody getting this from??????

Those guys have played twice as long as Arch. In their first 5 seasons no one is close cept for maybe Wilson because he had 8 sacks last year.

Now you can tell us the reason why his old boss was willing

to fork up the big bucks for him to play in Chicago.

Of course the Rams are KNOWN for their outstanding defense.

Who better than THEY in knowing who to keep and and who to

let go.

:doh:

Well thanks to everyone that responded.

I mean that. I understand that someone who is not a Skins fan might be considered a "troll".

I guess it depends on your definition of the word! I've never been called one before.

For someone that asked, there are numerous strip bars around LBPIA. Do you mean the Airport Strip on Torbram?

Someone asked me to comment on the FA signings. I like the Randall-El move. He's got unique skills, and should be a fun player to watch. On a side note, Martz wanted him in his draft year. We ended up with Eric Crouch instead.

Why do some equate a poster's knowledge with the quality of a team? I know the Rams defence sucks. That doesn't mean I don't have the ability to comment on it.

Let's leave it at this. The Skins paid a lot of money for a guy with a herniated disc and a propensity for concussions. I hope he plays well for you, except against the Rams.

And for the guy that said I wouldn't come back if I'm wrong, I promise I will.

Hey, you know they have this machine now...fixes those herniated discs!

Also, who in the NFL, who hits hard, doesn't knock themselves out?

Not good points there.

But, AA has got a new chance to go off... It's good move for the Skins and the Rams need much more on D now!!!

You always get an opinion at Extremeskins, but doesn't mean your right, or even close, or completely wrong... You gotta love the game to sit here in March and talk football!

:cheers:

I think this Rams fan gave an objective point of view. There's no way Archeluta is 9 million dollars better than Ryan Clark. I mean if you weigh the whole pic, having Clark back at a 1.7 million dollar signing bonus would've been sufficient. Archuleta is good but damn.

Also there are some on this site that keep praising Williams is this genius on defense. I think he's a little arrogant. He kinda acts Brian Billickish to me. His system is no more comlicated or better than Ray Rhodes or Marvin Lewis who've won Super Bowls in their systems.

Seeing how my wife is a Rams fan. So I am forced to watch all the rams games, its funny you say all these things out of bitterness that we aquired your former player. I understand how it must feel, as you may want to say we didn't gain anything by getting him, and you didn't lose anything by losing him, but the fact is just the opposite. You know he is a great safety and the fact of that makes u angry.

I have to somewhat disagree with that statement. While I do believe there are some people who have a higher ceiling in terms of natural atheletism (natural speed, quickness, strength), there are other people who have a higher tolerance for stress and recovery (which I would also deem athletic). I believe AA maximizes his ability through that insane workout regime because his body allows him to, because its in his genes. I mean the plyometrics training has been around for decades and somehow he seems to be the most noted person for using that training.

1ST OFF HE DOESNT DO STRICT PLYOMETRICS as most people know it, his workout is a completely revolutionary type that emphasises explosive movement with high weight to maximise fast twitch musclemass building to make up for a lack of or to increase natural fast twitch muscle fibers. He has already injured himself doing this high stress workout (herniated disc) and his performace dropped significantly as a result. This workout is extremely high risk high reward or everybody would be doing it!

Just an FYI Athleticism is strictly defined in football terms as explosiveness, agility, quickness, speed and endurance combined with flexibility, co-ordination and body control. some of those can be improved thru working out and training but lots of it is genetic and god given. hence the term upside and ceiling when refering to a players ability.

The key difference is in the coaching staff. Last year Ryan Clark gave us an outstanding season despite being undersized and having very mediocre athletic ability.

With no ill will meant, we have a significantly better Defensive Coordinator than you. Gregg Williams finds ways to utilze talent very well.

While AA certainly has deficiencies I am certain that Gregg Williams has figured a way to neutralize them while exploiting AA's strengths.

I completely agree. AA will be a BEAST next year

Let me re-introduce myself. I participate at the best Rams board in existence www.realramsfans.com., under the same screen name.

I had a good discourse with some of you prior to the Skins/Rams game last year.

I was judged objective at that time. You can look it up.

I find it somewhat humorous that a player judged so expendable by one team can be knighted by another. Yes, you will read that new coach Haslett wanted him back. Kind of. He was convinced otherwise.

As one who has watched AA ever since he has come into the league, I unfortunately have to suggest that Mr. Snyder just blew $10 million plus this year's salary. Not that that matters.

If a first down safety was that important, then it's a decent move. Archuleta is good at directed plays in front of him. Unfortunately for the Skins, that's all he's good at. Some have suggested he's also good at blitzing, but he's not. He runs by the pocket with very few change of direction skills.

Adam can't cover a TE if his life depended on it. The Rams have been consistently burned by mediocre TE's like Campbell and Johnson on AA's watch.

When AA is in space, he has few football instincts. Running backs can set up Arch with one move, and he's out of the play. I'm sure you've heard of the bad angles he takes.

I'm sure the better coaching will allow Arch to play at a higher level, but at the end of the day, here's a guy you gave beaucoup dollars to who I didn't want anywhere near a starting spot for the defensively challenged Rams next year.

Strange.

I'm sure your opinions are very credible in your madden tournaments, but I trust Greg William's and Joe Gibb's talent evaluations better than yours sir. So just be cool and watch the results of a player with "minimal athletic and football ability" flourish in a defense that wont have him blitzing by himself, or covering one on one. Here in washington we play TEAM defense and create/ cultivate stars. ie: ( Ryan Clark, Fred Smoot, Champ Bailey, Shawn Springs, Sean Taylor, Carlos Rodgers) :cool:

I feel very please with AA's signing. We paid $10M SB for him to outmatch the Bears and Lovie Smith, who reportedly interested in his service too. When Smith pays attention to someone, that means he must be special.

And you know Smith's geniusness, besides GW, he's the HC/DC that I'd love to have on my team.

• 8 months later...
OK, so I should value your opinion (that of a fan) over the opinions of individuals being paid to understand the game of football?

Who the hell are you that we should believe you are an expert in all things football. I wouldn't walk in here and expect everyone to welcome your biased opinion on a player when you have absolutely no credibiility whatsoever and then basically claim that you are smarter than Joe Gibbs, Gregg Williams, and everyone over at Scouts, Inc.? Seems like your credibility is only gonna get worse...

Ouch!

There's one more!

Archived