Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[A Rams Fan's Take on] Adam Archuleta

ramsrams

Im sure your right and he is better then what we have seen.

Like I said, he our new LaVar. Im sure having him try to play the run aggressively from cover 2 was the worst thing you could do to a player that is a better run defender then pass coverer.

This explains why I saw Arch and Taylor trailing so many player running away from them and we had so many 20+ plays against us this year.

I am not so sure that both the thread starter-Ramsrams and yourself don't both have good points. I don't think Arch was as good as we thought and I also think our secondary has regressed this year. Now that did not help him overacheive and it shows. The problem is deeper.

We can only blame the loss of Peirson(sp) so much. While Fox has looked good so far others brought in to replace him have not. And what happened to Rumph? He actually showed some fire for two games and now has disappeared as well. The coaching 'em up is missing.

I am smelling something bad in the secondary this year. Taylor has slid, not alot, but you must admit he looks different than last year. Carlos Rogers took a step back for sure. But suddenly both Rogers and Taylor looked like the players we thought they are last week. This after Gibbs took the lead and got back to "Redskins football"

Now with all the press about Williams added to the news that the safeties and corners don't meet together, you can not argue that something this year was not managed correctly. I think Gibbs changes some coaches over there next year. Also, if you remember in the first part of the season, Gibbs said that the difference in not calling the offense is that he would get to go over and visit the defense more. Well, again Joe Gibbs moves a little slower than maybe we the fans would, but I believe GW is changing now or will be changed in the off-season. The rest of the year will determine the outcome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...BLITZ HIM! Who cares if it leaves someone open in coverage. They're going to be open anyway if AA is out there. That's bad, shame on me but he must be good for something. My goodness I hope he's just having one of those flukey years where he just flat out sucks and then it all comes back next year and he makes the pro bowl. Could the Redskins front office be that dense to offer this guy the richest safety contract in NFL history and he becomes a third stringer. GW had to have wanted him so he needs to play him to what suits him (AA that is)

I've said it before and I'll say it again...BLITZ HIM! Who cares if it leaves someone open in coverage. They're going to be open anyway if AA is out there.

:laugh: I know. Would save me alot of "Come on, come on... GET HIM! GET HIM!" while watching some of our slow pokes trying to get that QB sack.

Archived