Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[A Rams Fan's Take on] Adam Archuleta

ramsrams

The key difference is in the coaching staff. Last year Ryan Clark gave us an outstanding season despite being undersized and having very mediocre athletic ability.

With no ill will meant, we have a significantly better Defensive Coordinator than you. Gregg Williams finds ways to utilze talent very well.

While AA certainly has deficiencies I am certain that Gregg Williams has figured a way to neutralize them while exploiting AA's strengths.

Sorry, but while the coaching maybe be better here on defense (which is debatable initself), the renewed AA has not shown itself. The Rams fan that made the statement is right IMO. AA is a one down safety who we vastly overpayed for.

Springs came back in the Titans game. Not 100% and in midseason form until the Carolina game. AA has been out since after the second Dallas game. Even ST has been having troubles up until the Carolina game. Now that Springs (who even himself said to the Washington Times he hasn't been feeling in midseason form until just before the Carolina game) is OK and playing well, I'd like to reserve any opinions on AA until I see AA and a healthier Springs together on the field. Seems to be making Taylor look better.

Of course, if he's 'Deep Throat'... forget it! He'll just have players like Witten catch more passes so he can get the hell out of here.

I think if anything this thread shows

A. whoever ramsrams is .....he's a better talent evaluator than our entire front office. Your observations were absolutely 100% dead on (and back in March I would have probably said your crazy)

B. The Adam Archuleta deal only seems more and more ridiculous with time...something HAS to change in the offseason

C. Sometimes Skins fans (myself included) need to take objective criticism a little better.

Thanks.

Next time you have some bitterness to offer... wait till someone asks for it. :ciao:

Oh yeah and not everybody's really excited about him in town..except maybe the women ;)

I like the fact that I was wrong and right in March :doh: Nice bump, it was entertaining at very least. :applause:

once again i wish i was still posting when this was made...if you check the tape of us against the rams last year you will see AA doing absolutely nothing...my brother and i actually laughed at him on a couple of plays...when we signed him i remember something doc walker said..."you never sign a palyer you abused" (he was talking about warren sapp)

he did absolutely nothing against us because he didn't play in that game.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/player/gamelogs/2005/235191

Wow. Most of us saw this in the preseason, but this guy warned us far in advance. I always say that football fans are smarter then they are giving credit for. Arch could go down as the biggest FA bust in Redskins history if not NFL history. Wow.

Everyone from in this organization can be blamed for this one, EVERYONE. Snyder must be sick about this one and I don't care how much money he has, it's not pocket change.

We dont be surprised if he doesnt squeeze Williams balls.

Arch is Williams newest LaVar. He just cant seems to find a smoother way of molding certain players and or he refuses to use them for the talent they have. Its strange. At one time I thought this was a strength of his but he only seems to be able to get to most out of more unknown players that will put up with his crap because they have to. But them once they are more mature and producing, he doesn't want to keep them or play them what they are worth.

You have to judge him as a total package and as such, he isnt a very good coach. He coached what was already here from several other good D coaches. Im sure he can go somewhere else and be good for 2 yrs, then the same things would happen all over again, unless he finally learns from his mistakes and grows as a person and coach. Then he can be the coach we though he was the first 2 yrs.

you never know arch could have been ok had Steve Jackson not been such a pompous ass

Im sure your right and he is better then what we have seen.

Like I said, he our new LaVar. Im sure having him try to play the run aggressively from cover 2 was the worst thing you could do to a player that is a better run defender then pass coverer.

This explains why I saw Arch and Taylor trailing so many player running away from them and we had so many 20+ plays against us this year.

While AA certainly has deficiencies I am certain that Gregg Williams has figured a way to neutralize them while exploiting AA's strengths.

This comment was spot on.

GW has neutralized AA one glaring weakness....playing football. And has designed a scheme to play to his strengths.....bench-warming, cheerleading, and water-fetching. Genius. :)

Regardless of AA's cover skills I don't think anyone would disagree that he is a great athalete. This being said I don't think we are going to cut or trade him next year. It just wouldn't make good "buisness sence". I think that Snyder will make GW earn his money and find a way to use AA.

What makes you think he's such a great athlete? It may be good move for him to take up bowling or maybe even horse shoes. He loves a great workout, so he might want to try a marathon, just as long as he doesn't expect to win.

Wow. WTF is happening at Redskins Park? Are there any competent talent evaluators there? Either there are none, or they aren't listened to.

I have a hunch they only go after the people Gregg Williams wants on defense.

The offensive side is doing pretty well. Lloyd and Randle El were great pick ups, but must go thru the growing pains of learning a new system. Next year they will produce much fruit, and so will Campbell.

I am hoping that something changes over there and we can start spending money WISELY from now on.

For this to happen, Gibbs must insist on keeping his valuable draft picks from now on. Smart money goes into developing good draft picks.

Archived