Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyd Deal Done (mega-merged)

jimster

Brandon was 16th in the NFL in Average Yards per Catch. Not bad for a guy to come in and be #2 to the guy who was #3 in yards per catch (Moss @ 17.7).

15.3 yards

better than:

Steve Smith

Chad Johnson

Roy Williams

A Bryant

Jimmy Smith

I Bruce

M Harrison

A Boldin

Seriously, are you really a Redskins fan? :rolleyes:

I seriously have my doubts! I can understanding loving your team so much that you become paranoid, but your comments don't sound like paranoia. They seem to be troll-like in nature.

If you are not a troll, I truly apologize, but your attitude and comments are disturbing if you are a true Skins fan.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I am not a Troll. However, I am not the sort of fan who believes in the "In Gibbs We Trust", drink the Cool-Aid, Rah Rah fandom that seems to be the standard for being considered a fan of this team and a lot of others.

I believe in realistically looking at what we have and calling it like I see it. Even if that means saying negative things a lot more often than positive things. I don't sugar-coat anything and I don't have an "Everything the Redskins do is good" attitude. The last 14 years should have that idea successfully scrubbed out of every Redskins fan's mind.

I see the world VERY differently than a great majority of other sports fans. I know and accept that. I take it much more seriously than most fans and I treat it much more like a War than an entertainment event. I have specific beliefs about how that War should be carried out and I have no problem vocalizing those beliefs.

If you wish to discuss this further, please send me a private message so we don't take the thread too far off topic.

I think your just another self-styled "realist" who's in reality just another sourpuss who loves to be contrarian.

With all due respect. :)

No disrespect anywhere in there Om. At least not that I can see.

I'd love to be a lot more positive about this team but since February of 1992 there really hasn't been much of anything to be positive about.

Especially when you consider that I don't consider wins that occur before late January or February to be much of anything to write home about. As I've said in the past... "Do you celebrate your car starting every morning? I don't. It's what I expect to happen so it isn't anything special."

No, I am not a Troll. However, I am not the sort of fan who believes in the "In Gibbs We Trust", drink the Cool-Aid, Rah Rah fandom that seems to be the standard for being considered a fan of this team and a lot of others.

I believe in realistically looking at what we have and calling it like I see it. Even if that means saying negative things a lot more often than positive things. I don't sugar-coat anything and I don't have an "Everything the Redskins do is good" attitude. The last 14 years should have that idea successfully scrubbed out of every Redskins fan's mind.

I see the world VERY differently than a great majority of other sports fans. I know and accept that. I take it much more seriously than most fans and I treat it much more like a War than an entertainment event. I have specific beliefs about how that War should be carried out and I have no problem vocalizing those beliefs.

If you wish to discuss this further, please send me a private message so we don't take the thread too far off topic.

Mass SkinsFan, I feel your pain, but doesn't last year's success give some cause for optimism? I am not a big Brunell fan, but he played pretty well late in the year until he got hurt in the Giants game. At that point, he was not the same quarterback. Before that injury, the Redskins started looking like a dominant team. If he remains the starter and remains healthy, I believe he and the team will do well, because the Redskins players around him have gotten better over the last two years--the Brand Lloyd acquisition included.

I do believe you are a true fan, and I sincerely apologize for wondering if you were a troll. I don't look at the Redskins through rose-colored glasses either, but I do feel good about them "this year." Only time will tell however.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS--I tried to send a private message, but I was unable to.

Lloyd drew criticism from hard-nosed teammates such as Fred Beasley and Kevan Barlow for his flashy jewelry - and his aspirations to become a rapper in his spare time.

:wtf: :doh:

I was about to post whether or not anyone had read this part of the article. This is a little concerning.

I was about to post whether or not anyone had read this part of the article. This is a little concerning.

What is wrong with Flashy Jewelry or wanting to become a Rapper?

Answer? Nothing!

Stop being so worried over nothing. If you were playing on a team that sucked as much as San Francisco you'd draw criticism from your teammates for eating the wrong kind of food for dinner.

I think your just another self-styled "realist" who's in reality just another sourpuss who loves to be contrarian.

With all due respect. :)

Reading this, I just deleted a long paragraph saying the much same thing, though not as diplomatically (and in much more detail) out of respect for your more gracious and succinct style.

Although I did have a damn funny tag line on mine, adhering to the military theme, about a howitzer firing his primary sensory cluster deeply into the interior of the target, per the avatar. :D

Hmm D Mac wore flashy jewe;ry and wanted to be an artist.

He was the 9ers top receiver and here he is going to be our number two pushing givens last years number two to the slot in a 3 WR set and help Jacobs develope people and PR skills as the beer man in the lower bowl

He was the 9ers top receiver in the NFL worst division and his numbers in that division were not that great.. Dont get me wrong I like the addition because he has a lot of upside but we still have Patten who didnt get the ball thrown to him at all..and he came in last year with numbers that make our new pick up look like he was playing flag..

Sounds like RJ had Lloyd in fantasy football last season? :laugh:

damn it you got me... :owned:

I am telling everyone...he is about as consistent as Rod Gardner...and Gardner did have a game or two with over 200 yards. Lloyd may work as a #2 WR for the Skins...he proved he is not a #1...so this may be the right fit for him.

I hope he "blows up" and proves me wrong. I really do!

Archived