Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyd Deal Done (mega-merged)

jimster

What exactly WERE your expectations at around this time last year? Coming off a 6-10 season with problems at QB and elsewhere, most Skins fans on this board were just hoping to go 8-8, and if someone had told them that in the upcoming year the Skins would go 10-6, sweep the Cowboys and go two-deep into the playoffs, the most of the people here would have been ecstatic to the point of messing their shorts. So if your expectations were higher to the point of being disappointed by this last season, then I would suggest to you that you had unrealistically high expectations.

To everyone else -- congrats on getting Lloyd, guys!

You must see him quite a bit as a Hawks fan. He's quite a talent with nice potential if his head is screwed on straight, no?

I am not completely sure if it will work out or not... i dont think anyone is... but some of you are losing focus on what we acquired here....we got a young tough receiver to take pressure off Moss... if this was the only receiver we had i would be scared to death... but we got him to be a #2 guy... i mean really he had what 800 yards last year in San Fran... thats good for a solid 1000 with us.... which would be leaps and bounds above what our other receivers provided this year...

:applause:AGREED

Pretty much. Though it's more than just the record. It's how that record was accomplished that means as much as the record itself.

For example... compare the '91-'92 Skins to the '01-'02 Patriots. Identical records, both teams had very similar stats through the season. But there were 2 MAJOR differences in my mind that would have made the 01-02 season inferior to the 91-92 season if both had been the Redskins....

a. The lack of a large number of "Name" players on the Patriots roster that

year.

b. The fact that the Redskins margin of victory in 91-92 was around 16 points per game. The Patriots averaged a paltry 6 points per victory in 01-02.

I've seen the hybrid offspring of pretentiousness and idiocy before, but I had never seen it photographed during its mating ritual. Fascinating, even if it is only black & white.

Just got to www.blloyd.com

That has all the Brandon Lloyd information you will need...including some mad rhymes dropped by Blloyd himself...

I visited there a couple months ago. One of several reasons I was sure he'd be staying in SF was he loved the place and had solid connections for his music all over the area. He was also in big demand for personal appearances in all the dance-clubs.

Guest santana4prez

Santana Moss & Brandon Lloyd = omg 2 big play wr in DC along with Portis and Cooley!!!!

Joe Gibbs shows again why he is a Hall of Fame Head Coach.:applause: :helmet:

one thing still confuses me about this trade. maybe someone who knows more about free agency can clear this up for me.

lloyd was a restricted free agent, meaning any team wishing to sign him had to make an offer that the 49ers were unwilling to match and then give them a first round draft pick in return. the other option is what happened a trade can be worked out with lesser compensation in return. the thing that i dont understand is this is usually a sign and trade deal but the redskins have yet to come to contract terms with lloyd, if im not mistaken. does this mean he is still a restricted free agent and what happens if a contract cant be worked out. If another team offers him a contract do we get a first rounder from them? i cant imagine this is the case so anyone with knowledge of how this works please explain it to me.

So let me get this straight....

Hypothetical: Say the Redskins would've beaten the Seahawks by three back in Jan. and advanced to the SuperBowl. Then,vs Pittsburgh, they win by a td.

Since they never blew anyone out, you'd still be here talking negative about the team because they never averaged a 16 point advantage vs their opponents PLUS they didn't have the big sexy names on the roster??

Wow...what an attitude/ outlook. ...:doh:

I wouldn't be jumping up and down and claiming we were the greatest team in the history of the league like many of the people here would be. I wouldn't be touting our Greatness and Dominance in the league. I would also be looking at the '05-'06 Redskins Championship team as the least impressive of the four we would have in such a hypothetical scenario.

The reasonings behind it would be exactly as you've described... the lack of dominance on the field, the lack of margin of victory and the mediocre roster.

What exactly WERE your expectations at around this time last year? Coming off a 6-10 season with problems at QB and elsewhere, most Skins fans on this board were just hoping to go 8-8, and if someone had told them that in the upcoming year the Skins would go 10-6, sweep the Cowboys and go two-deep into the playoffs, the most of the people here would have been ecstatic to the point of messing their shorts. So if your expectations were higher to the point of being disappointed by this last season, then I would suggest to you that you had unrealistically high expectations.

What were my expectations going into the season....

What did I predict.... 3-13 record, Gibbs fired before Christmas.

What are my EXPECTATIONS every year.... 16-0, Super Bowl, Dominant play every week.

So far as I can see, Brandon Lloyd is not a serious upgrade over David Patten (who I hate) and I don't believe he's going to put us over the top and make us a Dominant team. Though he is going to take up cap space that could be used for real players.

You must see him quite a bit as a Hawks fan. He's quite a talent with nice potential if his head is screwed on straight, no?
He's the guy that made it close in our first meeting last year. I would have liked to see him sign with us, if that tells you anything.

What were my expectations going into the season....

What did I predict.... 3-13 record, Gibbs fired before Christmas.

What are my EXPECTATIONS every year.... 16-0, Super Bowl, Dominant play every week.

So far as I can see, Brandon Lloyd is not a serious upgrade over David Patten (who I hate) and I don't believe he's going to put us over the top and make us a Dominant team. Though he is going to take up cap space that could be used for real players.

I see now why you have that avatar.

Dockery has worked out pretty well so far. He's actually shown improvement... unlike Jacobs.

I'll give you he at least has held down a starting spot. But he has just been ok, somewhat marginal really. I hope he cranks it up, but I am done waiting for it (just like with Jacobs, god that Jacobs pick was an idiot pick). But your right Dockery has been alright, but he does play next to a probowl LT. I'd just like to see more from him.

Lloyd has only a one year contract. If he doesn't sign an extension he becomes a FA after the season and the Skins gave up 2 picks for a one year rental. I'm surprised the trade wasn't made after the Skins and Lloyd agreed to an extension because right now Lloyd has all the leverage in negotiations and can ask for a lot more than El received which will no doubt disturb Moss.

Lloyd has only a one year contract. If he doesn't sign an extension he becomes a FA after the season and the Skins gave up 2 picks for a one year rental. I'm surprised the trade wasn't made after the Skins and Lloyd agreed to an extension because right now Lloyd has all the leverage in negotiations and can ask for a lot more than El received which will no doubt disturb Moss.

You sound alot like Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch.

:laugh:

Sure keep dreaming.

I know...........and maybe after Lloyd becomes a free agent next year.......the Eagles can sign him huh? :jerk:

Archived