Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyd Deal Done (mega-merged)

jimster

Not sure I'm exactly breaking out the brass band for this transaction.

Yes, LLoyd is a big guy (6'0" and 190 lbs) but I just don't really think he's what we really needed. He's only had TWO 100 yard receiving games in his three seasons in the league and he's coming from a bottom of the barrel team. Neither of those points are good things in my mind.

Perhaps you're second point (he comes from a bad team), explains the fact he has had only two 100 yard games. Give him a QB, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Also lets keep in mind many thought San Fran had gotten a real steal when they landed him in the fourth back in the draft. Lloyd isn't just a recent prospect, he has been highly thought of for some time, and seems to be rounding into a top notch receiver.

Why, exactly? What if the player we groom doesn't work out. You know Lloyd has been groomed. He can play at least some. There's no guesswork. By the time we've groomed a rookie third-rounder to play well, Gibbs will be gone, and Lloyd will be 27 and we'll be wondering what we did :).

Outstanding points, and something I think has been overlooked. If we take a WR in the second, you can assume the standard before he is truly productive is likely 2-3 years. By that time Joe is very likely to be heading into the sunset. Instead we bring in a guy in Lloyd that already has had his growing pains. Makes much more sense, give Joe the guys he needs to win now, not in 3 years.

I said earlier that i thort we could lose 2 games next season I now believe that the skins could go unbeaten, I believe that we may have added another 15 to 20 or more TDs for next season, the D will be taken care off as the O just has been, a bit of depth at O line and we are away.

Hail and welcome Brandon Lloyd to the Redskin Nation

I like your thinking :D but I'd be plenty happy with about 12-4 or 13-3, should be good enough to have us in the running for home field throughout. I don't think I'd yet be so bold as to predict going undefeated, but here's to hoping.

I'm not a big fan of this aquisition. From what I hear, Lloyd is a 185-pound "possession receiver" with a tendency to drop passes and a me-first attitude. Randel El or Givens were much better options.

And if we still do sign Randel El, then this Lloyd acquisition was completely worthless. How are we supposed to get Moss, Randel El, Lloyd, and Cooley on the field at the same time in a run-first offense? And with all this money going towards the wide receiver position (if we sign Randel El), where are we going to get the money to address our hole at defensive end?

Hahahaha LOL yeeeah, son!

That's what I'm talking about! Our offense is gonna be unstoplable for real! Moss taying it up on one side and Lloyd taying it up on the order. Someone in the NFC better sign Law cause they about to get burnt!

We don;t need no freakin draft picks anyway son because we already set. All we need now is Ray Lewis and Junior Seau and we will be the team to beat in the NFL no doubt son.

one.

Intermediate pass route running is not easy although a lot of people think it is. Moving the chains takes know how. Art Monk gets cheated for this reason. Anyway my question is can Llyod be that WR opposite of Moss to move the chains? He (Lloyd) was a 4th rd draft choice. Why can't we do homework and draft someone like him instead of surrending multiple picks.

The Skins don't need much on offense or defense. The needs, however, are obvious. Offensively, this was the biggest need IMO. This one signing has the potential to take the offense to a true championship level.

Look out defense!!! The offense is gaining on you!!! :)

Hail yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come on the front page it says "The AP has anoounced the Redskins have traded a.......(blah,blah,blah) for Brandon Lloyd" and then it says "However nothing official has come out of Redskins Park"......anyone know?

It's probably came from his agent and/or the 'niners.

Notice Joe White is not the author...He usually does the Skins articles. Greg Beacham is probably the guy who covers the 'niners.

Perhaps you're second point (he comes from a bad team), explains the fact he has had only two 100 yard games. Give him a QB, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Also lets keep in mind many thought San Fran had gotten a real steal when they landed him in the fourth back in the draft. Lloyd isn't just a recent prospect, he has been highly thought of for some time, and seems to be rounding into a top notch receiver.

A couple of things....

I don't necessarily believe that we have a QB who is a massive improvement over the QB's in San Francisco. I'd say that Brunell is a moderate improvement over the play-callers out there but Campbell is a complete unknown with no experience, Ramsey (if he's still here) is no better than any of the 9ers QB's and who knows who we will replace Ramsey with if we do trade or release him.

I hadn't realized Lloyd was a 4th round pick. As such I really don't consider him a serious talent. As I've said before, anything beyond the middle of the 2nd round is garbage time in the Draft so far as I am concerned.

A couple of things....

I don't necessarily believe that we have a QB who is a massive improvement over the QB's in San Francisco. I'd say that Brunell is a moderate improvement over the play-callers out there but Campbell is a complete unknown with no experience, Ramsey (if he's still here) is no better than any of the 9ers QB's and who knows who we will replace Ramsey with if we do trade or release him.

I hadn't realized Lloyd was a 4th round pick. As such I really don't consider him a serious talent. As I've said before, anything beyond the middle of the 2nd round is garbage time in the Draft so far as I am concerned.

Wow...So in your mind i guess Tom Brady is garbage :rolleyes: .

Seriously, are you really a Redskins fan? :rolleyes:

I seriously have my doubts! I can understanding loving your team so much that you become paranoid, but your comments don't sound like paranoia. They seem to be troll-like in nature.

If you are not a troll, I truly apologize, but your attitude and comments are disturbing if you are a true Skins fan.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived