Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyd Deal Done (mega-merged)

jimster

I'd like to see us trade our 2nd rd and next yrs 1st rd to move into the top 10 and grab Vernon Davis. THAT'S your hammer at TE for the next 10-12 years!

and...WELCOME ABOARD MR LLOYD!!! You just climbed out of the outhouse and into the penthouse :applause: :cheers:

I am just saying...be prepared for a guy that is an inconsistent WR with no break away speed. Sounds awful familiar to me.

Blah Blah, Blah....

We heard nothing but criticisms for Gibbs and the F.O. when they traded for Moss (Moss was injury prone; nothing but a sideline receiver..).

How'd that work out?

It's funny how so many think they have every WR in the NFL figured out already. :rolleyes:

How about giving the man a chance here before you condemn him, "genius".

I am just saying...be prepared for a guy that is an inconsistent WR with no break away speed. Sounds awful familiar to me.

Okay, look at the video. He may not have breakaway speed but you can see that he has GREAT hands. Consider also that he only had 4 drops all season (Santana had 8) and watch his eyes in the video... he locks onto the ball the entire time and reels it in. Basically, it just indicates that any trouble he has catching the ball are due to mental lapses or a loss of concetration (which can be fixed and will likely fade with experience). He's still a young guy with enormous potential.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6920312372504230735&q=brandon+lloyd

I love this deal based on potential. I have concerns about Lloyd's ability to focus and work hard for the team and concentrate on catching the ball even if it doesn't make the highlight reel.

The deal is sweet though if it pans out. He will have the chance to start fresh for a playoff/superbowl contending team instead of the 69ers. Also, we are not giving up a lot in draft pics because it is this years 3rd and next years 4th. No #1's or 2's. That still gives us some space to use our 2nd round pick on a DE in the draft this year.

Right now I love the lineup of Lloyd, Patten and Moss. With Cooley coming off the line and Portis out of the backfield that gives us 5 good targets with a standard 3 WR set. This reminds me of Gibbs 1 except we usually didn't pass to the H-back/TE when we had Warren and Orr (he caught some but not as many as cooley). It would be more reminiscent of the offense when we had Diddier.

Not sure I'm exactly breaking out the brass band for this transaction.

Yes, LLoyd is a big guy (6'0" and 190 lbs) but I just don't really think he's what we really needed. He's only had TWO 100 yard receiving games in his three seasons in the league and he's coming from a bottom of the barrel team. Neither of those points are good things in my mind.

No to Campbell, BIG TIME!!! If we are going to get a TE, go for one in the draft, not one in FA. Campbell is 30 yrs of age. The draft is loaded with TE this year. As far as R-E is concerned, I am all for it. WR has been a thorn in our side for quite some time. I can only hope we convince R-E to sign. We have a one of the top 5 running attacks with Portis, now we need to have a legit WR corp and adding R-E with Moss and LLoyd only makes sense to me. GW will get it done on DF.

I really rather like this move because it was one no one saw coming until it was too late :). Lloyd isn't perfect, but, he's got the most potential of any available receiver. Walker is a guy I don't consider to be available yet :).

Giibs and Co will bring out his potenial & hopefully change is attitude toward teamates and coaches :point2sky

Love ya RJ, but thats the kind of comment that'll be served up to you for lunch in a year. Did you want ketchup or mustard? :)

We can make side bet Tarhog. 12 pack of beer...winners choice.

Look at the scouting report for Brandon Lloyd...sounds like someone we know well....inconsistent, no break away speed, and not real liked by teammates.

I would love to be wrong. But I am getting thirsty already.

Archived