Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyd Deal Done (mega-merged)

jimster

LOL

Hey Tarhog.....I assume you are a Tarheel fan by your username, tough loss today. Awesome sig by the way, did you do that yourself?

Photoshopped some cool 'toon graphics - thanks :)

And I'm actually a UVa grad - just live in the Tarheel state. Don't hate UNC though - very similar school to Virginia actually.

Besides. You either hate UNC down here, or you hate Duke. Easy choice :laugh:

Not sure I'm exactly breaking out the brass band for this transaction.

Yes, LLoyd is a big guy (6'0" and 190 lbs) but I just don't really think he's what we really needed. He's only had TWO 100 yard receiving games in his three seasons in the league and he's coming from a bottom of the barrel team. Neither of those points are good things in my mind.

Considering he had three 100-yard games last year I don't think I believe ya, even if you do put TWO in all caps. And, all three came with a QB not named Alex Smith. Kinda makes me think if he'd gotten to play with a dog with slightly fewer fleas, he might have been a monster :).

Just like folks(including myself) weren't sure Santana could be a number 1 guy and do what he did this past season, Santana just went above and beyond all expectations to me..I trust in what Gibbs and his staff see in players..so far it's be working out superbly

I think Lloyd will work well in this system and showcase what he can do, help this team, and give the offense another threat and dimension.

We can make side bet Tarhog. 12 pack of beer...winners choice.

Look at the scouting report for Brandon Lloyd...sounds like someone we know well....inconsistent, no break away speed, and not real liked by teammates.

I would love to be wrong. But I am getting thirsty already.

What was the experts "scouting report" on Santana Moss 2 years ago?

Right.

Watch some niners games, watch this guy in action. Hes 24 yrs old with TONS of potential, and has put up good numbers on a joke of an offense. Instead of just reading some mediots opinion on the guy, watch him yourself, draw your own conclusions. This is a GREAT move.

I'm very excited. Watching the highlight clips it occurred to me whoever the QB that was throwing was, was getting hit immediately. There was absolutely no protection! lloyd was their only threat and it looked like the QB was just chucking up the ball and lloyd had to use just his natural ability and was able to go get it. Imagine in Saunders offense, where there is QB protection and lloyd isn't the focus of the offense. He won't have fight through double teams and rolled coverage on a regular basis. It will take pressure of Santana. lloyd will be a monster!!

Considering he had three 100-yard games last year I don't think I believe ya, even if you do put TWO in all caps. And, all three came with a QB not named Alex Smith. Kinda makes me think if he'd gotten to play with a dog with slightly fewer fleas, he might have been a monster :).

Man, other people say things so much better than I do over the internet.

Word.

I am just saying...be prepared for a guy that is an inconsistent WR with no break away speed. Sounds awful familiar to me.

He's got hands, man. He's gonna be good. People won't be able to doubleteam Moss now. Watch his video.

Who said you need break away speed to be a good receiver anyway?

Sorry about that. I miscounted the number from last year. Those ARE the only three that he's had in his career. The fact that he only had ONE start in his rookie year tells me a lot as well. He's been in the league for three years and he just doesn't impress me at all.

In regard to your fleas comments: I'm of the opinion that you don't bring guys from non-winning organizations into your organization if you're trying to build a winner. Winning promotes winning. Losing promotes losing. It's a fact of life. That's why I don't even bother to look at potential draft picks from non-Top 25 teams and free agents from teams that weren't in the playoffs or very close to it.

Sorry about that. I miscounted the number from last year. Those ARE the only three that he's had in his career. The fact that he only had ONE start in his rookie year tells me a lot as well. He's been in the league for three years and he just doesn't impress me at all.

In regard to your fleas comments: I'm of the opinion that you don't bring guys from non-winning organizations into your organization if you're trying to build a winner. Winning promotes winning. Losing promotes losing. It's a fact of life. That's why I don't even bother to look at potential draft picks from non-Top 25 teams and free agents from teams that weren't in the playoffs or very close to it.

Yeah that is so true, it is not like Rodney Harrison or Roosevelt Colvin helped those silly pats win two championships. :rolleyes:

Are you brave enough to list the quarterbacks throwing to him over those 3 years? ;)

Archived