Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lloyd Deal Done (mega-merged)

jimster

I'd love to be a lot more positive about this team but since February of 1992 there really hasn't been much of anything to be positive about.

Again, not personal, but thats insane. We just won 6 straight to end the season, and won a wildcard game. Its not 1995 now man. You've got to view things with a little context.

damn it you got me... :owned:

I am telling everyone...he is about as consistent as Rod Gardner...and Gardner did have a game or two with over 200 yards. Lloyd may work as a #2 WR for the Skins...he proved he is not a #1...so this may be the right fit for him.

I hope he "blows up" and proves me wrong. I really do!

You have to take into account he had a QB who threw 1 touchdown pass and Ken Dorsey.

And if we still do sign Randel El, then this Lloyd acquisition was completely worthless. How are we supposed to get Moss, Randel El, Lloyd, and Cooley on the field at the same time in a run-first offense?

The same way we got Monk,Clark,Sanders and Didier on the field with Earnest Byner...........

No disrespect anywhere in there Om. At least not that I can see.

I'd love to be a lot more positive about this team but since February of 1992 there really hasn't been much of anything to be positive about.

Especially when you consider that I don't consider wins that occur before late January or February to be much of anything to write home about. As I've said in the past... "Do you celebrate your car starting every morning? I don't. It's what I expect to happen so it isn't anything special."

I heard the Skins went 10-6 last season, including a magical, franchise-defining run down the stretch that included blowout wins over division foes, then won a tough road playoff game, and then gave the eventual conference champs all they could handle on the road as well.

I didn't get hit by a semi today.

And my car started this morning.

All in all, not a bad deal.

lloyd_ducks.gif :laugh:

Sorry........ I'm happy we signed him but this makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.

It's obvious Lloyd thought the pass was intended for someone running behind him and ducked.

But the most important part...he was WIDE OPEN on that crossing route, something the Skins don't run nearly enough.

He was the 9ers top receiver in the NFL worst division and his numbers in that division were not that great.. Dont get me wrong I like the addition because he has a lot of upside but we still have Patten who didnt get the ball thrown to him at all..and he came in last year with numbers that make our new pick up look like he was playing flag..

Actually Patten's numbers were similar with a higher YPC while playing as the #3 receiver. Quite a difference but Brunell rarely threw the ball his way last year so who's to say that Lloyd would even improve on those numbers next year? I'd bet that with Brunell starting 16 games without injury Lloyd has around 50-60 receptions for about 700-800 yards.

Again, not personal, but thats insane. We just won 6 straight to end the season, and won a wildcard game. Its not 1995 now man. You've got to view things with a little context.

I do view them in context. That context is the greatest Redskins season in my lifetime... 1991-1992. 14 Wins (which should have been a 16 win perfect season). A roster almost completely full of quality "name" players. A 16 point +/-margin of victory in the regular season. 3 Post-Season victories... none of which were really close; concluding with a Super Bowl victory.

If having that as a standard and not compromising on that standard is insanity then I'll wear the moniker with pride.

I am just saying...be prepared for a guy that is an inconsistent WR with no break away speed. Sounds awful familiar to me.
So, your saying that the coaches didn't evaluate this guy correctly then?

I've only seen him play a few times, but judging from what I have seen and from what that highlight video shows, he has got break away speed to me.

Archived