Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Archuleta, Randle-El, Carter & Collins Flying In To Redskins Park TODAY

RDSKNFN_48

Just cause someone visits Redskins park, it doesn't mean that they will sign. Sometimes these guys go to a few different teams during the first day or week of Free agency, but it is defineately a good sign.

I wonder if Archuletta will come here. Are we not re-signing Ryan Clark? Safeties are valueable to have depth at.

I remember when Courtney Brown visited redskins park..we all know how that turned out.

I say we sign 2 out of the bunch. My guess is Collins and Archuletta. If there is a third then i would say Carter.

I just don't see us signing Randle El and Brandon Lloyd both. I'm sure we'll get one out of the two though. But both? Man, I'll feel sorry for our opponents defensive coordinators. Good luck with that.

Some of you people need to give up this notion that draft picks are so "valuable". Give me a proven player anyday then some media hype on a guy who plays for a big school against 2-3 tough teams per year. How's that Taylor Jacobs 2nd rounder and Gardner as a 1st, etc., etc. Look at every year's 1st round picks and see how many busts there are. The percentage of busts is much higher; believe me!

Yeah but you can live with drafted busts as they don't kill your salary cap like free agent busts. Also draft picks provide cheap depth on your team. A drafted player who contributes right away costs the team much less than a free agent. How much do you think givens and branch cost their teams during the last few years? I bet you not half as much you would have to pay for a single FA WR. You cannot field a team of all FA signees.

I hope we don't give up our picks from LLoyd. I will cringe when we pay Randle-EL like a pro bowl receiver. This reminds me of chad morton who was hyped as a third down back/return guy and was the worst pickup ever.

You might be able to live with busted draft picks, but there are an awful lot of us who suffered through a huge number of busted draft picks in the 90's... and watched our team be in the toilet for over a decade... including a very bad streak versus Dallas.

I don't know about you, but I would rather see them spend the money rather than be like Bidwell and have a constant loser in Arizona.

If they sign the 5 that they are targeting this year (of those they are courting and been reported on) then I personally love it. They are all proven players with a lot of upside and if they cost more so be it.

Once you come to Redskins park, you don't leave Redskins park

Courtney Brown is the only one who I can think of that has

But from Randy Thomas, to Shawn Springs, C Griff, Marcus Washington etc, they come here and they stay here

and they where the smart ones

HAIL TO THER REDSKINS :applause:

I second that!! Although some new prognosticators have developed here too recently

Dinello and someone else has reported some good info. But Andyman is the only one I know that has gotten the scoop on the Skins.

ANDYMAN WHERE ARE YOU! Im dying for an update!

what folks have to remember is what the Redskins envision these players doing here and how that jives with what other teams will offer them vis a vis that role on the team. it goes beyond the money in some cases.

Lloyd is coming here with the expectation that he is going to be a starter. Ditto for Archuleta. Todd Collins will probably be satisfied with the backup role here.

The others are bigger questions marks because they may not be guaranteed starters roles.

Carter may be asked to platoon with Renaldo Wynn. Randle El may be asked to be the #3 receiver.

In those cases, the expectations of the players and team may just not line up.

clayton is correct. collins, carter, randel-el and archuletta arrive late this afternoon. lloyd will be in sunday. lloyd's as good as done. carter, randel-el and collins very very close. archuletta wants to be "loved"

Tell Archuleta NOT to come here to ES then since there's a great deal of debate on how much people want him. But, I'll push this forward with a thread devoted to him and our love :).

I think the prospects of our offensive passing game just made me a little uncomfortable in the crotch area of my shorts :).

:point2sky

MAN REDSKINS ONE IS BUSY!!! HTTR :point2sky

Redskins | Team contacts Randle El

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:23:17 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have contacted free agent WR Antwaan Randle El (Steelers) and have him flying in as early as Saturday, March 11.

Redskins | Team contacts Collins

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:22:56 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have contacted free agent QB Todd Collins (Chiefs) and have him flying in as early as Saturday, March 11.

Redskins | Team contacts A. Carter

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:22:34 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have contacted free agent DL Andre Carter (49ers) and have him flying in as early as Saturday, March 11.

Redskins | Team contacts Archuleta

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:22:04 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have contacted free agent S Adam Archuleta (Rams) and have him flying in as early as Saturday, March 11.

Wine and dine and SIGN!!!!!

Hail!:point2sky

clayton is correct. collins, carter, randel-el and archuletta arrive late this afternoon. lloyd will be in sunday. lloyd's as good as done. carter, randel-el and collins very very close. archuletta wants to be "loved"
Oh...my...word...WOW. I'm blown away.

Archived