Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Archuleta, Randle-El, Carter & Collins Flying In To Redskins Park TODAY

RDSKNFN_48

Some of you people need to give up this notion that draft picks are so "valuable". Give me a proven player anyday then some media hype on a guy who plays for a big school against 2-3 tough teams per year. How's that Taylor Jacobs 2nd rounder and Gardner as a 1st, etc., etc. Look at every year's 1st round picks and see how many busts there are. The percentage of busts is much higher; believe me!

:point2sky Every SuperBowl team Gibbs build was from free agents, veterens and very few draft pics. He will get some drafts but only the ones he cant get in the free angency.

Look what the coach has done with this team in only 2 years, we thought last year was fun? Just wait till this season!!!! :cheers:

AJ outside of the QB situation do you even like discussing the Redskins?

It's the only thing that really matters right now, because it's the one position that can wreck the whole team if you screw it up, no matter how good all the other pieces are. I think with every other position, Gibbs pays a lot of attention to what the scouts and other coaches think, but when it comes to QB he goes with his "gut", and his "gut" may be stuck 15-20 years in the past.

It's the only thing that really matters right now, because it's the one position that can wreck the whole team if you screw it up, no matter how good all the other pieces are. I think with every other position, Gibbs pays a lot of attention to what the scouts and other coaches think, but when it comes to QB he goes with his "gut", and his "gut" may be stuck 15-20 years in the past.

OK AJ

Spurrier and Gibbs know nothing about QBs. Ramsey is going to be Elway. Three super bowls were in the past. Now you know more football then him.

I do not like Brunell but how are you going to keep talking about Ramsey when he got beat by Brunell 2 yrs in a row on the feild in the pre season.

I'm tired of QB contreversy and I think he's right . J. Campbell needs to be the starter this year and if he can't handle it get his ass out and sign a real QB like manning or someone that good

You sound like a Raiders fan.

Don't expect Jason Campbell to be Ben Roethlisberger in his first year.

But don't expect him to be Alex Smith either.

OK AJ

Spurrier and Gibbs know nothing about QBs. Ramsey is going to be Elway. Three super bowls were in the past. Now you know more football then him.

I do not like Brunell but how are you going to keep talking about Ramsey when he got beat by Brunell 2 yrs in a row on the feild in the pre season.

It's not about Ramsey.

ramsey was drafted in the first round because of his arm. spurrier came in and wanted a gunslinger at QB. ramsey was not great at tulane and was only know for his arm strength. he lived on that reputation too much in his first years in the NFL by trying to rifle every pass in there. never worked out for him.

ramsey was drafted in the first round because of his arm. spurrier came in and wanted a gunslinger at QB. ramsey was not great at tulane and was only know for his arm strength. he lived on that reputation too much in his first years in the NFL by trying to rifle every pass in there. never worked out for him.

Spurrier hated Ramsey. Thought he was garbage. But Snyder went to dinner with him and liked him. Spurrier wanted that reciever on the Saints. Ramsey was almost traded before he even played a game. Spurrier had no regard for him.

You have to take chances on QBs you drafted. Campbell will be good i belive. But sometimes i wish we just had money for a Culpeper because he is more of a sure thing.

Culpepper is not a sure thing. The man just had a serious knee injury with 5 ligments torn. If he played 15 years ago his career would've been over. Campbell is going to be a bigger star than Culpepper could dream of. Culpepper also chokes in big games, ie playoffs. :logo:

Getting back on topic, here's a good sign:

Bears | No visit planned for Randle El

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 06:38:37 -0800

Mike Mulligan, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears do not have a visit planned with free agent WR Antwaan Randle El (Steelers) as previously reported.

If he's not visiting Chicago, that probably means he's gonna sign with us!

You have to take chances on QBs you drafted. Campbell will be good i belive. But sometimes i wish we just had money for a Culpeper because he is more of a sure thing.

Culpepper didn't play that great once Randy Moss left.

Archived