Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Archuleta, Randle-El, Carter & Collins Flying In To Redskins Park TODAY

RDSKNFN_48

clayton is correct. collins, carter, randel-el and archuletta arrive late this afternoon. lloyd will be in sunday. lloyd's as good as done. carter, randel-el and collins very very close. archuletta wants to be "loved"

Man I love you Andyman :)

Your inside info may just justify the rate increases :)

\

And some people <iggles, cowpies, peter king, pastabaldy, Wa post reporters, doomlovers, and chicken littles> thought this would be a lean and grim off-season in personell matters.

Imagine that. Wrong again. See ya'll next year though, as usual.

My thoughts on these players...

Andre Carter: History of back problems, was part of that talented 49ers defense that could not stay healthy. Stronge Sack numbers, Played Linebacker in college, defensive end in pros I heard. Love this move.QUOTE]

Andre Carter played DE in college and I have heard alot of his "back problems" here but see that he has started 15 games every season except 1 where he played only 7. I don't know much about his health situation but these numbers seem acceptable to me. This is an exerpt from his pre-draft write up where I found his college position.

Mainstay on the defensive line since midway through his freshman year...Product of the Bears’ weight room, adding over thirty pounds of muscle to his frame since first arriving on campus while increasing his bench press by 85 pounds (415)...Ranks second in school history with 54 stops behind the line of scrimmage (tied with Jarrott Williard, 1991-94), topped only by Sekou Sanyika (63, 1996-99)...His 30.5 quarterback sacks broke California’s all-time record of 28, set by Regan Upshaw (1993-95)...Finished his career with 37 starts, compiling 172 tackles (113 solos).

from:http://www.jsonline.com/packer/rev/apr01/defensiveline-andrecarter.asp?format=print

Ahh, Hotel Redskins Park.

What a lovely place.

What a trophy case.

You can sign right here.

You can find it here.

You can sign right here :).

Art's getting all lyrical and giddy on us. It's amazing what the first day of free agency does to us here on Extremeskins. :cool:

Happy Birthday to Jimbo

Happy Birthday to me

I may be 48 now

But I fell like 23. :D

:excited: :pimp: :hump: Art - TMFI man ::grin::

Seriously - Carter - great upgrade - him and clemons on the outside and Griff and Daniels on the inside on second/third and long would be a good pass rush combo.

Lloyd - first year under Owens... second year with a bad QB/OL situation as well as a crappy coach... no wonder his numbers aren't "HUGE" - but I will wager they will be opposite Moss...

Archuleta - I agree with Art - not a huge amount of love for the guy shown so far - but there should be... with Stoutmire and Clark both UFA... we can resign Clark who can play CB/S and still have Archuleta as another good player in the secondary

Collins - good pickup to help Brunell/Campbell adjust to Saunders' adjustments - smart move

Randle-El - I think will be a good third WR if they can keep him happy... although if I read correctly he has been fussing about money, not the number of balls thrown his way...

Both Randle-El and Lloyd have a rep for catching the ball well, and Archuleta and Carter have reps for being intelligent, high motor players on the defense with noses for the ball...

I seem to remember a lot of people fussing about Moss/Coles and I know a bunch of people questioned Sellers and his character issues for example.

I can seriously envision a 4 wide out set with Moss, Lloyd, Randle-El and Patten with Cooley in for an empty backfield look or Portis in for that RB dive up the middle with the defense spread out to cover our WR.

If you watched enough of the KC offense, you know they like 3 and 4 WR sets... I believe, like a lot of others that we will be seeing more of that this year rather than the line up and pound em with three TEs and a RB mentality. Which is why Koz and Royal are gone and we are looking at two good WRs to add to the WR flock.

Truly, if Randle-El signs, probably Antonio is gone and with Lloyd, Jacobs will be gone. So if you look at the lineup for next year:

Moss - x wr

Lloyd - y wr

Randle El - z wr

Patten - 4th

Thrash - 5th

And with 4 WR sets being more prevalent, don't be surprised to see our B&G go to one more WR and one less RB.

Archived