Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Go Ahead slam my post.........

Skinman

Just want to let everyone know, My (skinman) account was banned from this site! So, like i said above......No free speech, dont dare say anything

thats not positive for this PUBLIC site, and if you ruffle our feathers, well just ban you! I suggest NO ONE offer any help to this site at all! NONE!

Unless you feel you want to support this free speech black eye! Now im sure they will lock this one too.... Big whoop! Im sure it wont take them 20 seconds to know that some people after reading this post will understand

how important free speech really is! for the rest? your brain dead, send your money to these cons! :applause: I want my clown! :laugh:

I guess you don't get the concept.

As long as you stay within the rules listed here, you can say what you want. The point is that people are going outside the posted and agreed upon rules.

There are plenty of sites to read up on what "Free Speech" actually is. Again, only the government is prohibited from restricting speech. Private corporations are free to censor speech at their leisure. The prevaling theory here is that there is no manditory requirement for you to be a part of that private corporation.

Thank you for backing up my ever-so-popular "ES Communists" thread in which I was dismissed as a cry baby. The MODS are acting exactly like you described them....High Schoolers...except I'd bet they were the losers that were picked on which would make sense that they now feel the need to bully people over the internet. I feel your pain...good post!

Just want to let everyone know, My (skinman) account was banned from this site!

So is this one. :)

1. Each visitor may own a single registered account.

The ExtremeSkins staff screens and approves all new accounts. Duplicate accounts are prohibited, and the staff employs security measures to enforce this policy. Duplicate accounts will immediately closed (i.e., banned). Do not create additional registered accounts to bypass an issued ban; absent compelling circumstances, any attempt to circumvent a ban by registering a secondary account will result in a permanent banishment of all related accounts.

Thank you for backing up my ever-so-popular "ES Communists" thread in which I was dismissed as a cry baby. The MODS are acting exactly like you described them....High Schoolers...except I'd bet they were the losers that were picked on which would make sense that they now feel the need to bully people over the internet. I feel your pain...good post!

Tarhog and Die Hard once stole my lunch money.

The amusing part is ALL we AND the community have asked of anyone is a brief moment to look over the board, check conversations that may apply to the thought they want to share, and then post where it belongs. This is met with a batch of people who are apparently children who simply feel anything they want to say any time they want to say it any where they wish to say it should be embraced and adored and anyone disagreeing, including the people in charge, are immature for not letting them have their way.

It's a tremendously amusing thing.

But, at least it's serving to clean the place out :).

If you don't want to follow the rules of this site's forums, another solution is to go to another site's forum. There are a lot of them. Why feel your self-inflicted pain by coming back here? Go forth and explore.

The Stadium - This is where we talk about the Redskins.

The Tailgate - This is where we talk politics, entertainment, etc...

Around the NFL - This is where we talk about other teams in the NFL

And so on, and so on. If you're not in to politics, stay in the Stadium.

It's kind of like the same reason you have walls in your house. No one wants to see Aunt Martha taking a dump in the kitchen, so someone came up with the idea to cook in one room, and crap in another. With a wall between to two rooms so you wouldn't be able to see what activity was going on in the other room.

I think it's cool that the site has so many different forums, which help to isolate the conversations and topics. Once you get the hang of where to topics are you're interested in, you'll be able to better avoid the topics you wish to.

Enjoy the options! :D

Yea -- it is a cool concept bc I realize there are other interesting topics other than Redskin football. But my problem is that these WAY off the wall topics so often end up in the stadium. I mean, some of this stuff actually sounds more like conversations my gf would have with her friends......

You mean this one 36? Where, after all was said and done, you admitted to being wrong?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146383&page=1&pp=40

Takes a man to admit I was wrong...so...I WAS WRONG...I just get heated real easily about stuff like that because in MY opinion...there are much more useless threads out there. Is it too late to blame it on CBA stress? :tantrum:

In a little over a year, you have started 25 threads. 3 of them have been closed. All due to redundancy from what I can see. In other words, the topic was already being discussed elsewhere or already had been discussed. Actually, only 3 closed is a pretty good average considering how busy things get here.

Perhaps there should be a "rant & rave "section added to ES that is a bit more loosley moderated. That way Threads like this could be moved out of the main area's.

I know mods, more work for you, but so is setting up the kids table at Thanksgiving if you get my drift.

My only response to this post is that I think any board that is strictly run such as this (and a few other quality sports message boards out there) should also have SOME room for discussion about what constitutes staying on subject, when a new topic should be valid, etc., in order to give proper feedback to the mods on what the membership thinks.

However, resorting to basically ad hominem attacks on the mods is pointless and a total waste of time, so, Skinman, if you want to start a useful thread about some actual policy or specific actions taken recently by the board, I think that could be productive. Attacking the mods who spend a TON of time running this place for our benefit for (I'm guessing) not much money is pointless and, in fact, much worse than then any of the problems your post was complaining about.

That's all I have to add

It's got to the point now, that i can't even read this site anymore. EVERY dam thread has some jerk off bashing someone else for trying to post ect ect. It's not the same Extremeskins i remember at all. The new members get slammed everytime they try to post, and the Vets/Mods act like they are back in high

school. I see multi post from people i USED to like to read, and now they seem to have turned into the keeper of the soap box. Mods, why dont you get off your dam soap box, and understand that not everyone Is here to post for your 'clicks' pleasure, and also know that this is what you get when you sellout Extremeskins. I would rather read some post that someone tryed to make a effort on, instead of 70% of the crap these mod's put up! They should know better, need to take off the HS jersey, and just grow up! This site has turned into what you all hated about other team fourms. Just yesterday, i read a mod slamming a guy for posting his thoughts, told him you dont need to post everytime you have a something to say ect ect. This butt munch was like member 3000+ with 20000+ post! :doh: Give me a freaking break. You turned this fourm into Nazi type leadership, and you failed. Free speech nit-wits! Public Fourm nit-wits! Kids Nit-wits! Lock my thread now nit-wits! Like you do everyone else! At least most of them (unlike me at this time) tryed to me nice

and add something they thought was worth adding! The leader of this ship must have a brain of stone, if he thought that merging into the very PUBLIC Redskins.com wasen't going to change this site, as it has. I say welcome to all the newbies here, keep posting if you feel you want, and just iggy the Mods and so called vets. Its the USA, and freedom of speech is our right. And some of these WANNABE'S sport reporters should know that. Its like Pre 101 levil reporting! Ill get off my soap box now, you dam mods have lost your freaking minds! And the owners should be ashamed for letting them. :doh:

AMEN Bro, I hear you loud and clear, can't even try to make a point, and there is Jonny rent a cop, trying to be the police of ES. I give up on these so called fans. They might as well be Philly fans

Thank You From All of Us

and ____ you from all of us as well :) . Seriously, though, too many people whining (lavaring?) about everything these days. If you don't like it here, cya later, there's still plenty of people who do. I think people have a right to be a little annoyed at the ridiculous amount of unnecessary threads around here. I guarantee you, you didn't think of it first, you didn't find out about it first, so post it in a thread that's already open. It's a pretty ****ing simple concept and it goes a long way towards making the board more user friendly.

My only response to this post is that I think any board that is strictly run such as this (and a few other quality sports message boards out there) should also have SOME room for discussion about what constitutes staying on subject, when a new topic should be valid, etc., in order to give proper feedback to the mods on what the membership thinks.

However, resorting to basically ad hominem attacks on the mods is pointless and a total waste of time, so, Skinman, if you want to start a useful thread about some actual policy or specific actions taken recently by the board, I think that could be productive. Attacking the mods who spend a TON of time running this place for our benefit for (I'm guessing) not much money is pointless and, in fact, much worse than then any of the problems your post was complaining about.

That's all I have to add

STFU newbie.....Just kidding of course. Great post :applause:

I haven't posted much here and I haven't read that many posts, but Skinman does make a point that even a newbie like me can agree with.

I have seen just quick shots and punches to people that just wanted to give a plain opinion. I can see how mods get upset when people post the same subject in a 100 different threads, but alot of people here have almost acted as if they were the sole keepers of Redskins knowledge.

I do enjoy the passion and dedication of the site, but I hope to see more unity. :cheers:

Remember: Why yell at a fellow Redskins fan, when you can save your breath on Cowgirl fans. :dallasuck

AMEN Bro, I hear you loud and clear, can't even try to make a point, and there is Jonny rent a cop, trying to be the police of ES. I give up on these so called fans. They might as well be Philly fans

Okay. So you had a bad run of threads being locked recently. Maybe even got a timeout out of the deal. Like 36, those threads were about things that were already being discussed. Relax. It happens to alot of folks.

I haven't posted much here and I haven't read that many posts, but Skinman does make a point that even a newbie like me can agree with.

I have seen just quick shots and punches to people that just wanted to give a plain opinion. I can see how mods get upset when people post the same subject in a 100 different threads, but alot of people here have almost acted as if they were the sole keepers of Redskins knowledge.

Nobody has a problem with people giving opinions but there's no need to start a thread for every single one. It's gets a little old wading through the "Let's sign or trade for everyone and their mom" threads and it gets a little old when there's 8 different threads about Lavar being cut at once. Is it really that difficult to look and see if the topic is already there? Is that rocket science?

It's got to the point now, that i can't even read this site anymore. EVERY dam thread has some jerk off bashing someone else for trying to post ect ect. It's not the same Extremeskins i remember at all. The new members get slammed everytime they try to post, and the Vets/Mods act like they are back in high

school. I see multi post from people i USED to like to read, and now they seem to have turned into the keeper of the soap box. Mods, why dont you get off your dam soap box, and understand that not everyone Is here to post for your 'clicks' pleasure, and also know that this is what you get when you sellout Extremeskins. I would rather read some post that someone tryed to make a effort on, instead of 70% of the crap these mod's put up! They should know better, need to take off the HS jersey, and just grow up! This site has turned into what you all hated about other team fourms. Just yesterday, i read a mod slamming a guy for posting his thoughts, told him you dont need to post everytime you have a something to say ect ect. This butt munch was like member 3000+ with 20000+ post! :doh: Give me a freaking break. You turned this fourm into Nazi type leadership, and you failed. Free speech nit-wits! Public Fourm nit-wits! Kids Nit-wits! Lock my thread now nit-wits! Like you do everyone else! At least most of them (unlike me at this time) tryed to me nice

and add something they thought was worth adding! The leader of this ship must have a brain of stone, if he thought that merging into the very PUBLIC Redskins.com wasen't going to change this site, as it has. I say welcome to all the newbies here, keep posting if you feel you want, and just iggy the Mods and so called vets. Its the USA, and freedom of speech is our right. And some of these WANNABE'S sport reporters should know that. Its like Pre 101 levil reporting! Ill get off my soap box now, you dam mods have lost your freaking minds! And the owners should be ashamed for letting them. :doh:

actually, to correct you......unplanned, lack of thought posts like this are what we all express our hatred of other baords for. if you check out what other teams post, it is exactly like this, the entire board, and nobody wants to read it. everyone is entitled to their opinion, some just have a problem reposting the same 400 things, and that's what frustrates the mods. nobody ever slams someone for posting what they think, unless it's rediculously callus thoughts like this. it has no structure, and does not belong in the stadium to begin with. nobody here is perfect, we all know this, but people posting psychotic and chaotic threads like this just to get a rise out of people, is exactly what ES does not need.

Okay. So you had a bad run of threads being locked recently. Maybe even got a timeout out of the deal. Like 36, those threads were about things that were already being discussed. Relax. It happens to alot of folks.

Out of curiousity, what would serve as an example of a bad thread which was locked (for a reason other than being redundant) recently.....

Archived