Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Go Ahead slam my post.........

Skinman

Whats the big deal here???

If you wanna cry about it just dont post...period. I've never started a thread because I dont find it necessary to post my opinions on anything and everything. It's simply an easy way to avoid any conflict. People like threads with substance and that are realistic. It's about Quality people, that's why most get flamed....because it grows tiring.

I find it funny how most of the complaints come from members who haven't even been here for a year ( even six months! ). Since i'm included in that group ( not the complaint one!!!:D ) all I can ask is....Do you really feel that you have the right to complain about how this site is run??? Seriously:rolleyes:

As a long time lurker on these boards, I feel compelled to respond to the original post in this thread. The board has changed a great deal over the last few years and in my opinion the change is for the better. Many fans, such as myself, use the boards as a source of information on our beloved 'skins and the NFL. I enjoy the discussions and in the past have searched out posts from certain vet members.

Recently with the massive influx of members, it has become increasingly difficult to sift through the many pointless posts. I agree that the board should be open and free for all to post, however there needs to be some sort of guide for posts and content. The mods/vets should share their knowledge and continue to influence the community, albeit sometimes the “guidance” could be worded more graciously.

Just my 2 cents....

HTTR

-pantz

Dont worry. As soon as we start losing again most of them will go back to being "Baltimore fans".

:laugh:

btw, welcome

You don't have to be a member of ES for long to realize there are some real smartasses and chumps who get their kicks by bashing other peoples posts. Or...they're sensitive and can't stand to get bashed on their threads.

Which group are you in? I take it from your universal support and assistance in the bashing of a dumb post on the board recently where you wrote, "He's bored I'm guessing" to dismiss the member you were speaking to, you seem one of those real smartasses and chumps. Cool. Welcome.

Which group are you in? I take it from your universal support and assistance in the bashing of a dumb post on the board recently where you wrote, "He's bored I'm guessing" to dismiss the member you were speaking to, you seem one of those real smartasses and chumps. Cool. Welcome.

Ouch -- I can only assume he's got nothing for ya bc it can only go downhill from here.......

Ouch -- I can only assume he's got nothing for ya bc it can only go downhill from here.......

Shouldn't go downhill. It should verify a point for those who don't get it. VERY stupid posts get treated unkindly. By everyone. Because they are dumb. It just takes a moment to realize that's pretty ok when you get right down to it because ALL of us would do and think the same in a given situation.

Art.

Yeah! These mods and their "Have A Nice Hot, Steaming Cup of Shut-the-hell-Up!!" Damn Nazis! I bet they start their day with their own hot, steaming cup of bitterness every morning! Well .. would it kill ya' to put a spoonful of sugar in that cup, all of you Mr. Sassy-Pants'! :laugh:

Shouldn't go downhill. It should verify a point for those who don't get it. VERY stupid posts get treated unkindly. By everyone. Because they are dumb. It just takes a moment to realize that's pretty ok when you get right down to it because ALL of us would do and think the same in a given situation.

Art.

I meant there was basically no way to come back at that post with an argument. Any response (other than an apolgy) would have taken the convo downhill quickly..

And, as I expected, it went without response so the person it was directed at realized it as well.......

In my own (maybe slightly twisted) way I was paying you a compliment...

T-shirt seen in the mall recently...

"You looked better on MySpace"

Love it.

Where the hell have you been. We need to get drinks. PM Dirk, let's get this together ASAP.

Yeah! These mods and their "Have A Nice Hot, Steaming Cup of Shut-the-hell-Up!!" Damn Nazis! I bet they start their day with their own hot, steaming cup of bitterness every morning! Well .. would it kill ya' to put a spoonful of sugar in that cup, all of you Mr. Sassy-Pants'!

"I don't take coffee, I drink tea my dear / I like my toast done on one side"

He's bored was not meant to be a smart ass reply, it seems to be the truth by the thread. And, by your last comment of "Cool, welcome" I'd say you fall into the category too...hypocrit!! Searching peoples quotes and threads to get a line on them...pathetic.

It's just plain funny and even a little sad when almost every post is preceded by "I did a search and didn't find this in another thread." I vote for taking posting rights away from everyone but the first 10,000 members. That way us commoners wouldn't have to be scared anymore. We could just enjoy the fabulous insightful posts of our leaders! :paranoid:

I thought about this myself.

He's bored was not meant to be a smart ass reply, it seems to be the truth by the thread. And, by your last comment of "Cool, welcome" I'd say you fall into the category too...hypocrit!! Searching peoples quotes and threads to get a line on them...pathetic.

I do fall into that category, just as you do. It's a good category to fall into. When you see something that just doesn't seem right, you make a negative comment as to what it seems like to you. JUST as you do. I was actually attempting to get you to figure out YOU aren't different. The difference may be YOU think YOUR words AREN'T being a smart ass, but, they are. And that's OK chief.

That guy deserved it. You felt better doing it. I'm GLAD you did it. I'm not mad at you for it. I am a little upset with you for not recognizing it though. As for searching your posts, it didn't take long. You made the post like five minutes before this one. It was at the top of the page.

I thought about this myself.

That actually isn't a bad observation either. But, again, it's better to be afraid to post than to not care what you post. People who never run afoul of this or who do but do so making an honest miss on something else already here aren't afraid. The only fear should be on the part of people who KNOW they do this, don't care about it, and now realize they will get crushed if they do it. So, don't. :).

I do fall into that category, just as you do. It's a good category to fall into. When you see something that just doesn't seem right, you make a negative comment as to what it seems like to you. JUST as you do. I was actually attempting to get you to figure out YOU aren't different. The difference may be YOU think YOUR words AREN'T being a smart ass, but, they are. And that's OK chief.

That guy deserved it. You felt better doing it. I'm GLAD you did it. I'm not mad at you for it. I am a little upset with you for not recognizing it though. As for searching your posts, it didn't take long. You made the post like five minutes before this one. It was at the top of the page.

Art, you HAVE to admit that ES basically falls into 2 categories...the smartasses and the people who are actually trying to be serious and make good points. Now, when a person constantly tries to be serious and gets his posts/threads bashed by someone who is trying to be serious, it's only a matter of time before he will revolt and post a smartass comment him/herself. Trouble is that because someone has posted 2,000 smartass comments he/she thinks they have ES seniority over someone who has alot less but have tried to be serious. Thread has ALOT of good points...I agree with 99% of it!

Thanks, Sting!

Nice! Didn't know if that was too random. But did you have to search for it, or did you know the song? I'm no Englishman, but I do live in New York.

Here's another, if we want to continue with this theme.

"No sugar tonight in my coffee / no sugar tonight in my tea"

We really aren't a grumpy band--and we are really always looking out for the best interests of the Board.

Art, you HAVE to admit that ES basically falls into 2 categories...the smartasses and the people who are actually trying to be serious and make good points. Now, when a person constantly tries to be serious and gets his posts/threads bashed by someone who is trying to be serious, it's only a matter of time before he will revolt and post a smartass comment him/herself. Trouble is that because someone has posted 2,000 smartass comments he/she thinks they have ES seniority over someone who has alot less but have tried to be serious. Thread has ALOT of good points...I agree with 99% of it!

I don't see that at all.

Everyone here has the capacity for good humor and everyone has the capacity to be serious. You have NEVER seen a good post treated with smart remarks. Not ever. The closest MIGHT be Mr. Madd, who brings it on himself, but, generally can be said to at least bring mild thought to his crazy stuff.

This is a fictional environment some of you are talking about as to people with posts being more important than people with fewer posts. A good, sharp, witty person with very few posts gets treated just great here. Just as the same person with lots of posts does. A newbie who posts worthless garbage, unformatted, in all caps, with inane ramblings that are largely meaningless or do not appear to come from a Redskin fan other than by declaration are bashed. Just like JBooma :).

It's all about the quality of the post. It's not a post count that creates the quality. It's the quality that does. You knew when you saw the other guy's post it wasn't a quality post. You knew it. And you bashed it. Others bashed it worse. And, THANKFULLY you and they did, because, such nonsense needs to be faced down for what it is.

Not all positions have merit that need to be engaged with a great deal of thought.

Sometimes when poop smells like poop, you just know it does and you say so. You go ahead and PM me ANY example of a newbie treated unfairly for making a serious, reasonably interesting post. Prove it to me from the last couple of months, or going forward so that I believe it's happening enough for people to say it's all about post count.

And, I can show you a lot of posts made in response to people with low post counts that are very engaging and civil, which will diminish what you can't probably prove :).

Nice! Didn't know if that was too random. But did you have to search for it, or did you know the song? I'm no Englishman, but I do live in New York.

Here's another, if we want to continue with this theme.

"No sugar tonight in my coffee / no sugar tonight in my tea"

We really aren't a grumpy band--and we are really always looking out for the best interests of the Board.

Juts because I'm old and actually saw them live :laugh: ...The Guess Who...sorry to intrude :silly:

for the next one, playing off of yours...."...you are my candy girl, and you got me wanting you..."\\opps sorry guys, tailgate bound

Archived