Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Go Ahead slam my post.........

Skinman

For the record, I wasn't being sarcastic with that last post -- I am truly curious as to what guidelines (other than the obvious ones of attacking other people, using extreme profanity, being redundant....) are applied and could result in the locking of a thread

Tell you what. I've seen a few of these rants recently here on Extreme. While they have come, by and large, from folks who haven't been here for all that long, there are a few, ( like this one), that have come from a some who have been here for at least a couple of years. I'm not going to get into the reasons I think most of these have come up. That's something I'll save for down the road. What I am going to do is say something to those here in the community who want to help. Here's a suggestion for those that like to help around here from a guy who's been around for awhile and has done his share of "helping out" the mods.

Be diplomatic. I've been as guilty as the next, a few times, at getting on to someone for not searching, saying something nasty, or breaking some other rule and/or guideline. That really doesn't help things all that much and really goes against the spirit of civil discussion we pride ourselves on around here. Instead of something sarcastic or mean, try something a little less aggressive.

"Hey. Know it's busy around here right now, but it is being discussed here ________."

"Hey. Know things are a bit excited and such right now, but no reason to say something like that here. We're all a bit excited right now, but sometimes it's better to take a breath then post".

Anything like that. For the more.....nasty variety of rules violations, a good idea would be to use that report post function. Just a suggestion or 2 from one member to the others.

Again, I think that the personal attacks and childish name-calling lowers the value of ES. There are good discussions on here and people do have the right to say what they want about the team, coaches and players. If you hate a player, you should be able to say so on here. If someone disagrees they should write it on here. This is a great place for fans to vent.

I just think that if your going to make personal attacks and there's going to be back-and-forth name calling then don't hide behind the board. No one wants to read two people bickering instead of talking football. Personal message the person and argue all day, or FORREAL, FORREAL, if you got that big a problem with the person, then meet and settle it. No need to talk all big on a board to one another when you can settle the matter FORREAL.

Most of us want to talk about the SKINS, not test our skills at clever name-calling.

It's not all about the mods either though. A lot of regular members are hypocritical and way too big for their britches. If I wanted to post everytime I had a negative response to someone on here I would probably have 2000+ by now. My fav is when people get on here and post about the latest episode of "american idol, 24, lost, etc....." and then tell someone else to stay on topic if they post something that doesn't pertain directly to the Redskins. Those are the best.......

Lots of good points shame no one is listening.

It's got to the point now, that i can't even read this site anymore. EVERY dam thread has some jerk off bashing someone else for trying to post ect ect. It's not the same Extremeskins i remember at all. The new members get slammed everytime they try to post, and the Vets/Mods act like they are back in high

school. I see multi post from people i USED to like to read, and now they seem to have turned into the keeper of the soap box. Mods, why dont you get off your dam soap box, and understand that not everyone Is here to post for your 'clicks' pleasure, and also know that this is what you get when you sellout Extremeskins. I would rather read some post that someone tryed to make a effort on, instead of 70% of the crap these mod's put up! They should know better, need to take off the HS jersey, and just grow up! This site has turned into what you all hated about other team fourms. Just yesterday, i read a mod slamming a guy for posting his thoughts, told him you dont need to post everytime you have a something to say ect ect. This butt munch was like member 3000+ with 20000+ post! :doh: Give me a freaking break. You turned this fourm into Nazi type leadership, and you failed. Free speech nit-wits! Public Fourm nit-wits! Kids Nit-wits! Lock my thread now nit-wits! Like you do everyone else! At least most of them (unlike me at this time) tryed to me nice

and add something they thought was worth adding! The leader of this ship must have a brain of stone, if he thought that merging into the very PUBLIC Redskins.com wasen't going to change this site, as it has. I say welcome to all the newbies here, keep posting if you feel you want, and just iggy the Mods and so called vets. Its the USA, and freedom of speech is our right. And some of these WANNABE'S sport reporters should know that. Its like Pre 101 levil reporting! Ill get off my soap box now, you dam mods have lost your freaking minds! And the owners should be ashamed for letting them. :doh:

Oh lord, my eyes!!!

Format your damned posts!

Out of curiousity, what would serve as an example of a bad thread which was locked (for a reason other than being redundant) recently.....

I'm not a mod so my opinion on that may vary with theirs on this one And they'd be the ones to ask. Can only go on what I've seen. Speaking of which. I haven't seen but a couple locked recently that had nothing to do with redundancy. One was a guy who brought a thread back and then started attacking a mod and telling everyone they couldn't keep him from posting here. The other was something to do with Sean Taylor. I'm not a mod, but it does seem to me that locking a thread some other reason other than redundancy is a last resort thing unless it has to do with some type of troll or spam, ( seen people trying to sell things in Tailgate). May see threads in Tailgate and here in the Stadium be reduced to namecalling between members get closed. May also see the threads that end up being a debate between the same 2 or three people saying the same thing over and over again get closed as well. But haven't seen alot of those recently either.

Edit. Wasn't ignoring you diesel. Had to look back a few days.

For the record, I wasn't being sarcastic with that last post -- I am truly curious as to what guidelines (other than the obvious ones of attacking other people, using extreme profanity, being redundant....) are applied and could result in the locking of a thread

Park City -- any chance you could help me out on this one?

I'm not a mod so my opinion on that may vary with theirs on this one And they'd be the ones to ask. Can only go on what I've seen. Speaking of which. I haven't seen but a couple locked recently that had nothing to do with redundancy. One was a guy who brought a thread back and then started attacking a mod and telling everyone they couldn't keep him from posting here. The other was something to do with Sean Taylor. I'm not a mod, but it does seem to me that locking a thread some other reason other than redundancy is a last resort thing unless it has to do with some type of troll or spam, ( seen people trying to sell things in Tailgate). May see threads in Tailgate and here in the Stadium be reduced to namecalling between members get closed. May also see the threads that end up being a debate between the same 2 or three people saying the same thing over and over again get closed as well. But haven't seen alot of those ecently either.

Makes sense. I have had one thread closed here (think it was about a month ago) but I honestly don't remember the reason. Thanks for the input

There are no examples of a post that wasn't in violation of the rules on repetition or another rule that has ever been locked here. Mr. Madd had a thread the other day which was deemed a call out thread to Inmate and it was locked so as to avoid hard feelings among members. We don't care much about content. We'd just like to see people attach their thoughts to existing conversations so everyone can share in them in a single place and follow the debate better. The topic is meaningless.

There are no examples of a post that wasn't in violation of the rules on repetition or another rule that has ever been locked here. Mr. Madd had a thread the other day which was deemed a call out thread to Inmate and it was locked so as to avoid hard feelings among members. We don't care much about content. We'd just like to see people attach their thoughts to existing conversations so everyone can share in them in a single place and follow the debate better. The topic is meaningless.

Thanks for the response -- I was basically trying to make sure I didn't get any threads closed in the future.....

Yes !! It's catching on.........:cheers:
quoted Art post only
Thanks for the response -- I was basically trying to make sure I didn't get any threads closed in the future.....

You know there's an edit button, right? It looks like this : edit.gif

Please learn to use it. Thanks.

You know there's an edit button, right? It looks like this : edit.gif

Please learn to use it. Thanks.

Yea -- I accidently hit the submit button before I entered the text on the middle post. That one I understand. But what is wrong with the other two ?

I should add for any who found Skinman's thoughts compelling or valuable, this is not a place you probably should continue hanging out. If it is TOO much for the mods or veteran members to ask you to help the community out by reading the board and trying to post non-original thoughts in the original thread, and this simple request is a betrayal to you, of your fundamental rights, in your view, then ExtremeSkins is not for you.

Veteran community members are more valuable than others in one specific area that no one can dispute. They understand the community and history better than a newbie will. While many here are idiotically attempting to say there's some divide where longer term members feel they have more insight on the team than newer members, that's not where longer term members act like, pretend or HAVE more insight at all.

Where they DO have more insight is community.

They DO know what the mods have asked of the community. When they try to help you out by pointing out how you are not following those guidelines, you should listen, because, indeed, more than any newbie, they know. They know becasue they've been here. And, you will know as you are here for a while. This isn't a shock to anyone.

ES is a community. It's not a chalkboard in a men's rest room where patrons can write obscene thoughts or talk over others. It's a discussion forum where a lot of people have great thoughts and post them, and you should offer your thoughts in such threads where they exist. You should spend a few minutes looking over the board before posting anything new. If you don't have time, then, just reply within threads you read and understand in your busy schedule others may be starting the threads of interest to you already and you'll see it when you have more time or get lucky.

Veteran members who understand the community aspect WILL be respected for their offers of help. We're done allowing people to suggest they have no right to do what we've begged them to do. You see, THEY can do something for you we can't as mods. They can point you the right direction and make you better. All we can do as mods is ban you from posting. We HATE banning people.

And, if you guys think it's wrong for us to want to build on a sense of community and shared brotherhood in loving the team, with some respect to the size and passion of all, then, don't post here. Skinman's words may well be perfectly suited to other boards that seek to simply have all the activity possible. We're trying to foster the most conversation possible.

If you haven't at least touched the first 40 or so threads on the board you should NEVER post a new thread here. There are a lot of people who've been here for YEARS who've never had a thread merged or closed. Why do you think that is? Because they read, get involved and post where there are gaps.

If you can't help, then do yourself a favor and go elsewhere, because, we are catering to those who understand this simple thing. That's who we're here for.

Yea -- I accidently hit the submit button before I entered the text on the middle post. That one I understand. But what is wrong with the other two ?

1) You had 3 posts in a row. You can multi quote if you want to. ;)

2) You should have edited your thoughts in the 3rd one into the 2nd one.

1) You had 3 posts in a row. You can multi quote if you want to. ;)

2) You should have edited your thoughts in the 3rd one into the 2nd one.

I guess with as many posts as I have on here I should be embarrassed to ask this.....but how do I quote multiple people in the same response.....

It's got to the point now, that i can't even read this site anymore. EVERY dam thread has some jerk off bashing someone else for trying to post ect ect. It's not the same Extremeskins i remember at all. The new members get slammed everytime they try to post, and the Vets/Mods act like they are back in high

school. I see multi post from people i USED to like to read, and now they seem to have turned into the keeper of the soap box. Mods, why dont you get off your dam soap box, and understand that not everyone Is here to post for your 'clicks' pleasure, and also know that this is what you get when you sellout Extremeskins. I would rather read some post that someone tryed to make a effort on, instead of 70% of the crap these mod's put up! They should know better, need to take off the HS jersey, and just grow up! This site has turned into what you all hated about other team fourms. Just yesterday, i read a mod slamming a guy for posting his thoughts, told him you dont need to post everytime you have a something to say ect ect. This butt munch was like member 3000+ with 20000+ post! :doh: Give me a freaking break. You turned this fourm into Nazi type leadership, and you failed. Free speech nit-wits! Public Fourm nit-wits! Kids Nit-wits! Lock my thread now nit-wits! Like you do everyone else! At least most of them (unlike me at this time) tryed to me nice

and add something they thought was worth adding! The leader of this ship must have a brain of stone, if he thought that merging into the very PUBLIC Redskins.com wasen't going to change this site, as it has. I say welcome to all the newbies here, keep posting if you feel you want, and just iggy the Mods and so called vets. Its the USA, and freedom of speech is our right. And some of these WANNABE'S sport reporters should know that. Its like Pre 101 levil reporting! Ill get off my soap box now, you dam mods have lost your freaking minds! And the owners should be ashamed for letting them. :doh:

I know the mods here have a hair trigger, but wow you nailed it.

I'm with you Art. People act like you guys are asking them to cut off a toe and mail it to you. The rules aren't exactly complex or demanding.

I'd also like to add that I haven't exactly been around that long or posted that much compared to a lot of people and I've always felt welcomed and treated respectfully. The supposed newbie/toadie divide is BS. If we can readily accept people like Who Del and Westbrook36 because they are solid contributors I think it's extremely ridiculous to say a newbie can't get respect. You get what you give.

Archived