1998 Nolan #22

1999 Nolan #29

2000 Rhodes #4

2001 Schottenheimer #8

2002 Lewis #4

2003 Edwards #23

2004 Williams #3

2005 Williams #9

I'm thinking that you should ask Nolan's son that if you suck at your job as bad as his dad did at his if you get to keep your job. I guess George Edwards should have expected a raise by your reasoning.

Yeah, Snyder really is a meany......... :doh:

That kind of puts it into perspective...thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out what the original post was all about...perhaps nothing more than a Lavar lover who likes to name drop.

Redskins D ranking

1998 Nolan #22

1999 Nolan #29

2000 Rhodes #4

2001 Schottenheimer #8

2002 Lewis #4

2003 Edwards #23

2004 Williams #3

2005 Williams #9

I'm thinking that you should ask Nolan's son that if you suck at your job as bad as his dad did at his if you get to keep your job. I guess George Edwards should have expected a raise by your reasoning.

Yeah, Snyder really is a meany......... :doh:

Nuff said.

I can't recall the exact quote, but I believe Mike Nolan as our D-coordinator once said, "Sure you can blitz and sack the QB 10 times in a game, but your not going to win many games that way." Pure genious.
Ok, THAT made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

Yes, we all know snyder fired some people when he got here, as all owners do, and we all know he made bad decisions on which stars to bring in in past years. That has nothing to do with his record the past couple years. Ive said it before, and ill say it again, id rather have Synder as our owner than anyone else, because I know, when Gibbs wants a player, there pretty much no chance we dont get him.

"So far he's got a good track record. But it seems as if some on this board blame him for treating Lavar like what he is, an overpaid underachieving undisciplined player."

deep....very deep. thanks for the scintillating analysis.

I know you're a big Lavar fan. But you are blinded by your obvious fanaticism of Lavar. You don't look at that fact that, Lavar was paid more than any player on the team and he was no long the game changer on Defense. I know you'll probably reference the Bucs game, and yes he did make a big play. But over the past 2 years Lavar was no longer the most important player on defense. I'm not scared that we lost Lavar, I'd be freaking out if we lost Marcus, or Sean, or Cornelius maybe even Shawn Springs, or Lemar. You don't pay your 6th most important player on D, more than any other player on the team. That's all.

Sweet....more factors were in play the last 2 years than just what was on the field:

1) he was injured

2) he clearly had problems, self created or not, with some members on the defensive coaching staff

3) so let's apply an economic metric to all the players! I don't know...but Springs seasons wasn't as good this time aronud. he missed more games due to injury...man...what an overpaid piece of driftwood!!!! who's next?

LA is now recovering. he will do just fine. I'm not a fanatic - the Skins will move on with or without him. in fact, they will move on with or without anyone on the roster down the road when the same problems arise.

I'm objecting to the blatant character assassination and gross generalization that is going on. I hope LA goes to an NFC East team, takes names and hurts people. If he doesn't...then you and all the others were right and folks like me will have to own up to that.

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of Lavar. I never thought he was that great. I like the guy though, and I will miss his personality. IMO, if Lavar was willing to work his contract to something more reasonable then I'd be fine with him. I don't have any hard feelings toward the guy for leaving. I just feel like people are jumping off the deep end. My hard feeling for him are from his going out and starting all types of crap when he wasn't playing, and then blaming the team for playing him too early. I just think that it really boiled down to the fact that the team realized that it wasn't hurting for Lavar, his contract was ultimately hurting the team and either he could have reworked it to be better for all parties involved, or he could hit the road.

Sweet....more factors were in play the last 2 years than just what was on the field:

1) he was injured

2) he clearly had problems, self created or not, with some members on the defensive coaching staff

3) so let's apply an economic metric to all the players! I don't know...but Springs seasons wasn't as good this time aronud. he missed more games due to injury...man...what an overpaid piece of driftwood!!!! who's next?

....not sure how this turned into a Lavar thread too, but

1) yes, he was injured but insisted he knew better than the trainers in 2004 and should be put back in. He reinjured himself and blamed the team for putting him in too soon. - He was even caught on radio contradicting himself.

In the first several games in 2005 he complained that there was nothing wrong him and the coaches just must not like him. After letting him play - he again admitted he was wrong after watching film of himself and could see why the coaches didn't think he was ready. - He admitted himself they were right and he indeed was not ready.

2) His problem with the staff all sounds like the problem was on HIS end. - Joe Gibbs even said himself, in all his years of coaching he's never had to talk to a player as much as Lavar Arrington.

He was also upset during the off-season last year because the staff didn't keep the rest of the team up to date of his injury status. - How is that not a primadonna?

3) Yes, Shawn Springs also got hurt, but did his job, and did it well when he did play. When he was hurt he wasn't a distraction and doesn't make the salary of 4 players. - He also didn't invite a reporter to his house the week of the most important game of the year and cry on his shoulder.

Funny thing...when I scanned the thread title, I read it as 'I wokeup with Mike Nolans son' :laugh: I was intrigued....

And guys, lets go elsewhere with the Lavar discussion - you're interfering with the pummelling and savaging of dinzel here.....

I gotta say, i came on late last night and this htread was here with no repiles and i read the starter post...and i had no idea how to respond :laugh:

i was just wft is this? and was sorta stunned and left wondering...so i thought, "i'll check in tomorrow and see how others responded" so now i know it wasn't just me. :laugh:

not slamming you dinzel, although hyour name may become a verb ("you got that all dinzeled" ;) ) it was just really different

Funny thing...when I scanned the thread title, I read it as 'I wokeup with Mike Nolans son' :laugh: I was intrigued....

And guys, lets go elsewhere with the Lavar discussion - you're interfering with the pummelling and savaging of dinzel here.....

:laugh:

Now that would have been funny. And it might have had a few dozen more posts by now.

...and at that time there were only 30 teams.

Did his son say these things about the Jets too? ....because they fired him the very next year.

Unles sim wrong i dont think he went to the jets. i though Baltimore picked him up as there tight end coach.

...and at that time there were only 30 teams.

Did his son say these things about the Jets too? ....because they fired him the very next year.

Unless im wrong i dont think he went to the jets. i though Baltimore picked him up as there tight end coach.

Maybe the guy did have a dream about Mike Nolans son Is his son old enough to work even I thought Mike Nolan was like 43 or something?

Well he does have 2 sons Did the jets fire him or did he leave it seems odd to fire a coach for improving a defense. or was that the year Al groh was teh coach and he just was not retained.

Archived