Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike - Ramsey to Jets for a 6th(Merged)

frommd

I hate when that happens, the best way to avoid that kind of stuff is to buy throwback players (they can't be traded:laugh: )

I've got:

Ramsey-replica

Portis-authentic

Arrington-authentic

Taylor-authentic (#36)

I gave up the naming rights of my child for the Portis authentic. In the end though, I got the name I wanted (I think because it was a boy).

Even though technically, none of those jerseys is a waste.. I've learned my lesson purchasing jerseys. No more period :)

What's the difference between Gardner's trade value last year... and Ramsey's? Seriously.

Importance of the position??...I'd assume that a young, experienced QB who was the quarterback equivalent of a Rod Gardner (had at least one "breakout" year and somewhat decent stats) would be worth more to a team in need of a QB or back-up QB than a receiver would be. You have two, sometimes three or even four receivers on the field at one time, but only one QB. Maybe it's "upside", in which Gardner may not have had as much as Ramsey is perceived to have...

I've got:

Ramsey-replica

Portis-authentic

Arrington-authentic

Taylor-authentic (#36)

I gave up the naming rights of my child for the Portis authentic. In the end though, I got the name I wanted (I think because it was a boy).

Even though technically, none of those jerseys is a waste.. I've learned my lesson purchasing jerseys. No more period :)

I've got:

Doug Williams-Throwback Authentic (Redskins, Not that Tampa crap)

Portis-Authentic

Moss-Authentic

Ever since I've gotten into the business of selling jersey's I can get the current player (even though they can be traded) for cheaper prices. The safe bet is always the Throwback players though, but you have to represent the current guys too.

I agree with you, except for the part about him being a distraction. Joe Gibbs can handle distractions. Besides, Ramsey is a quiet guy and I don't think he would be capable of doing any damage to the team. Also, if we needed him he would do what was asked of him. I just think it would be a bad decision to let him go for a sixth rounder. Who knows though, maybe Gibbs wants an extra 6th rounder to pick up Marcus Vick? I don't think he would be there but maybe.

:cheers:

See I'm not really saying HE will necessarily be a distraction. He will handle it like a professional, but everybody on God's green earth will know that he doesn't want to be here, especially the media. That creates a distraction no matter what, even if the player slaps a smile on his face every day.

Again, I really hope, and think, we can do better than a 6th. If nothing else, I'm just trying to make people put this all in perspective if we get, say, a high 4th.

:cheers:

See I'm not really saying HE will necessarily be a distraction. He will handle it like a professional, but everybody on God's green earth will know that he doesn't want to be here, especially the media.

I think it's the other way around...I think everybody on God's green earth knows that Gibbs does not want him here, especially the media. They harp on Gibbs' bring in Brunell, jumping through hoops to draft Campbell, and then pulling Ramsey after one quarter of play as huge, public votes of non-confidence towards Ramsey, and have been saying "the writing's been on the wall ever since Gibbs returned to Washington". The media does say that Ramsey doesn't want to be there, but it's always with the unspoken disclaimer of "And can you blame him?"...

Gonna be hard to argue this was handled properly if all the Skins get out of a 1st round QB who has performed admirably in his 4 years is a 6th round draft pick.

Gonna be hard to take you overly seriously when you attach "admirably" to Ramsey's level of play, since, had he played admirably, he'd be starting for us. He played inconsistently with obvious flaws so worrisome he scared EACH of his head coaches so much they didn't want to have to play him. He has talent and could yet emerge as a top player in the league. But, let's not blow his past here out of proportion. He's a first-round pick who never developed in any way from Day 1 until now. He may be a "gamer" who will blossom when he gets to play more. But, we know from those who saw him EVERY day, there was something about him that limited him.

As I was told by a Hall of Fame player during the season, Ramsey is great when his first read is available. It's when that read is taken away that he can't play. And, it's the refusal of his coaches to be WILLING to dumb the offense so far down to accomodate that weakness that kept him from being a true starter.

Gonna be hard to take you overly seriously when you attach "admirably" to Ramsey's level of play, since, had he played admirably, he'd be starting for us. He played inconsistently with obvious flaws so worrisome he scared EACH of his head coaches so much they didn't want to have to play him. He has talent and could yet emerge as a top player in the league. But, let's not blow his past here out of proportion. He's a first-round pick who never developed in any way from Day 1 until now. He may be a "gamer" who will blossom when he gets to play more. But, we know from those who saw him EVERY day, there was something about him that limited him.

As I was told by a Hall of Fame player during the season, Ramsey is great when his first read is available. It's when that read is taken away that he can't play. And, it's the refusal of his coaches to be WILLING to dumb the offense so far down to accomodate that weakness that kept him from being a true starter.

that is about as coherent explanation of ramsey's shortcomings as i have ever heard. it is the vision thing.. can it be learned ? i hope for his sake it can. he seems to be a really nice person and a good team player-- then again, so was wuerffel and we know how that turned out..

I think more likely Ramsey is determined to leave, and the Redskins will grant his wish. Same as Coles, Bailey and Gardner. Gibbs doesn't like to keep unhappy players around. If they don't want to be Redskins, he will do his best to ablige. :2cents:

I agree he wants out. What is crazy however is that there is almost no way Ramsey is going to be guaranteed a starting role on any NFL team. He could easily end up in the same situation as with the Redskins.

that is about as coherent explanation of ramsey's shortcomings as i have ever heard. it is the vision thing.. can it be learned ? i hope for his sake it can. he seems to be a really nice person and a good team player-- then again, so was wuerffel and we know how that turned out..

Agreed, great post Art. Also, I remember reading in one of these threads about Ramsey (there've been quite a few) that he was promised that if he was a good soldier and kept his mouth shut this past year, that he would be moved in the offseason to a team where he could get playing time. I think that's why the team is allowing Sexton to shop the market and make a deal.

Also, I think Sexton would be making all kinds of noise if we told them that we wanted Ramsey to come back and be the third stringer, just in case. :2cents:

we should wait until preseason when a qb goes down in some other team's training camp, the value will go up then

That's what I would do before I let him go for a sixth rounder. Whomever takes Patrick is expecting him to push for a starting job. Six rounders aren't expected to contribute much more than Special Teams if they even make the active roster.

This is not an equal value situation; trading Patrick for a 6th rounder doesn't mean he has the value of a 6th rounder, it just means that's all we can get for him right now.

Many factors to consider: multiple FA QB's this year, any team trading for Ramsey will most likely have to commit to a long term deal, its likely we'll have to cut Ramsey due to the salary cap situation right now if we can't trade him, etc.

A 6th round pick, we might as well keep him as insurance. Thats a joke...Hes atleast worth a 3rd in my opinion.

A 3rd String QB sitting around, taking up $2m in cap space, is awfully hard to justify. If all the 'Skins get is a 6th, then that's all there is out there for him. There's no guarantee he'll go somewhere else and make a difference, immediate or otherwise.

Said he thinks the best we will get for Ramsey is a 6th rounder. Hope he's wrong on this.

Also, said we are doing everything possible to get Campbell ready to start the opener, but we may start Brunell and have Campbell start as the backup.

Dang, man! Try to do a better heading. I nearly had a heart attack.

Actually, I'm not sure the heading was yours...whoever put it up there though.

Archived