Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike & Mike - Ramsey to Jets for a 6th(Merged)

frommd

I don't buy that. I really think that some of these ESPN guys are just trying to drive down his value by talking him down and mentioning us getting less than equal value for him as some kind of inevitable possibility, they are contantly talking down the trade without ANY INFORMATION TO BACK IT UP. What do you all think?

If that's what the Jets offered me I would just keep him or find somewhere else to trade him to. That's ridiculous. He's worth a 3rd/4th rounder.

He's worth whatever the market says he's worth.

I don't think the 'Skins will settle for a 6th, but the team is in a position where trading him will help with the cap. The Jets are very, very questionable at QB, though.

He's worth whatever the market says he's worth.

I don't think the 'Skins will settle for a 6th, but the team is in a position where trading him will help with the cap. The Jets are very, very questionable at QB, though.

The Jets aren't in any position to be bargaining and trying to give as little as possible. The team is in complete rebuild mode so for now they're going to have to take what they can get and work with it. The Redskins may be having cap issues but it looks like a new CBA is coming very soon and the Skins won't have much to worry about.

The greatest cause for determining Ramsey's value will have nothing to do with the Redskins or whoever they talk to. It will be which QBs are available to other teams.

If Culpepper and Brees are considered healthy/available to other teams - it drives Ramsey's value WAY down.

Well I believe that Culpepper isn't even on the market since the owner said he would get his roster bonus. Brees on the other hand yea, but he would command a much higher contract.

Clayton is a pretty good analyst. He's never shown any animosity towards the Redskins, so I suspect if he says a 6th is what we're looking at that's probably right. The problem is that there are going to be a lot of QBs on the market this year, and a lot of them have better resumes than Ramsey. Too bad, because I think Ramsey's a decent player and we should have been able to get a 3rd or so for him. Now it doesn't look that way.

If we can't get atleast a high 4th rounder for him, then I would hold onto him until preseason injuries occur.

Gibbs doesn't do things that way.

If Ramsey wants out b/c he's convinced himself he can be a starter somewhere, then, just like Coles, Gibbs will happily accomodate him.

If Ramsey is here, then no doubt he'll probably be the #3 QB. Gibbs won't have Ramsey being miserable here on a team he feels he has (and probably doesn't have) no chance to start on.

Gibbs will prefer he move on.

It kills me to say this but I believe he's probably pretty close. Hind sight being 20/20 I sure do wish we could have packaged Ramsey last year when the Dolphins or Jets may have given a 1 or a 2.

I would not make this deal for a 6th Rounder. At least a 3rd or 4th. I hope John is wrong.

Archived