Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

pretty sure you don't know that he is leading at 54 holes there
Sure, I do. Right after I posted that comment I saw that he was tied at the top. This could only mean one of thwo things: He's playing against a really ****ty field OR He's playing against 17 other golfers, like the last time he won.

The guy is a bum. A has been. A loser. Get yourself a better role model.

Sure, I do. Right after I posted that comment I saw that he was tied at the top. This could only mean one of thwo things: He's playing against a really ****ty field OR He's playing against 17 other golfers, like the last time he won.

The guy is a bum. A has been. A loser. Get yourself a better role model.

cry me a river . this is one of the largest fields outside of any major. This guy is back and clearly you can't recognize that he is playing with confidence again.

http://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/statuses/163288519387774978

Saturday AM golf on the TV from Abu Dhabi...Yeah, it's good for sports if Tiger is indeed on the way back.

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 10:56 AM ----------

BS so mad

Is BS unaware that golf ratings will skyrocket if Tiger returns

Tiger is RATINGS

Tiger is TEBOW to the PGA, ratings gold. When Tiger competes, everyone watches. He's a ratings magnet.

Tiger single-handedly makes golf relevant.

Not sure why but this last week I've constantly been thinking about this girl from two summer ago, and it's really bumming me out. Damn you regrets and missed opportunities.

Perhaps, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a reality.

You are far past regrets. I personally don't believe in regrets. I am more of the thought..."live and learn".

Watched the finale last night too, so upset it's over! :/ Guess I gotta start buying the dvd's now.

What'd you think of the ending?

First, I am up front that when it comes to matters of music, film, and televison, I can be very genuinely erudite :pfft: but also am quick to admit I also like a lot of stuff that's either nothing special or even is crap to many. :ols:

But I liked Chuck for several reasons,and don't think it was crap, and I thought the ending was fit for the show---no M*A*S*H finale, but they covered the bases well enough, gave all the players a salute, and actually fit in a surprising level of genuinely well-done mushy emotion with a pretty well written last few minutes. The acting, while typically competent per the material for most of the two hours, was also beyond normal fare for such at several points, including the last scenes.

First, I am up front that when it comes to matters of music, film, and televison, I can be very genuinely erudite :pfft: but also am quick to admit I also like a lot of stuff that's either nothing special or even is crap to many. :ols:

But I liked Chuck for several reasons,and don't think it was crap, and I thought the ending was fit for the show---no M*A*S*H finale, but they covered the bases well enough, gave all the players a salute, and actually fit in a surprising level of genuinely well-done mushy emotion with a pretty well written last few minutes. The acting, while typically competent per the material for most of the two hours, was also beyond normal fare for such at several points, including the last scenes.

I find myself in love with shows that most people never give a second thought to, or would consider crap, all the time, and i refuse to admit it's because I have bad taste but rather that everyone else does. :pfft:

I thought Chuck, for what it was, was done very well. The finale kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, so i'll give em credit for that. I'm glad it didn't end with magically remembering everything and showing last second closure to every detail like some shows do. I found the pacing of it was great and the emotional material got to me. Those scenes were as powerful as they could be.

Now help me out here mr. erudite. I'm of the opinion that Yvonne is actually a pretty good young actress aside from just being a babe. Is this totally off base? Have I let my love for her blind the fact that she's a very sub-par actress? :ols:

Now help me out here mr. erudite. I'm of the opinion that Yvonne is actually a pretty good young actress aside from just being a babe. Is this totally off base? Have I let my love for her blind the fact that she's a very sub-par actress? :ols:

You're not off-base IMV. We have been blessed with a bevy of babes with some real acting range these days. Tricia Helfer, Stana Katic, and Yvonne, for instance all have shown to be quite good going from funny to dramatic, silly to serious, supporting to leading and those places in between.

cry me a river . this is one of the largest fields outside of any major. This guy is back and clearly you can't recognize that he is playing with confidence again.
Is he even in the top 100? I don't give a crap whether he's playing with confidence or not. He's playing nowhere near the level he once did. And he's never going to be greater than Jack. Not only did Jack win 18 majors, but he finished 2nd another 19 times. When Tiger accomplishes those feats, then get back to me.

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 05:30 PM ----------

The thing that is so funny about BS, you can apply the same exact logic to the redskins and he still supports them for some reason

The guy is a bum

A has been.

A loser.

Get yourself a better role model.

All of these criteria apply to the redskins.

Uh, no. It's not even close to the same thing. One is an individual sport, the other a team sport. Tiger may go down as the second greatest golfer ever, but I'll never root for him. He's nothing but a pompous ass, loser.

The traits you described above refer to only a select few Redskins over the years. Most notably, Haynesworth, who I never really supported here.

Was watching Syracuse game and there was a goaltend that wasn't called which cost WVU the game and a chance to tie

Lot of good games this afternoon

Just chilling watching college basketball

lol @ "chilling." College basketball sucks until March. Until then, I will stick to the NBA and watch better basketball be played.

lol @ "chilling." College basketball sucks until March. Until then, I will stick to the NBA and watch better basketball be played.
I agree. College basketball is sooo boring until March. So sick of all the better players playing only a season and then bolting. Completely waters down the overall product. Riding into work yesterday listening to my local sports talk radio...one of the co-hosts was talking about how bad CBB has become..He goes: "without looking it up, I bet 90% of the fans out there can't even name a player on Missouri's team"...We went onto say that Missouri is like the #2 team in the country and no one even knows who plays for them. Which is true. I mean, I could only name a player because I remember reading the other day that Paul Pressey's son plays for them.

I agree. College basketball is sooo boring until March. So sick of all the better players playing only a season and then bolting. Completely waters down the overall product. Riding into work yesterday listening to my local sports talk radio...one of the co-hosts was talking about how bad CBB has become..He goes: "without looking it up, I bet 90% of the fans out there can't even name a player on Missouri's team"...We went onto say that Missouri is like the #2 team in the country and no one even knows who plays for them. Which is true. I mean, I could only name a player because I remember reading the other day that Paul Pressey's son plays for them.

Perhaps you would know more players if you had Twitter and followed such intellectuals such as ESPNAndyKatz

Funny you mention Mizzou because that is the one team that I can name basically the entire roster. Phil Pressey is from Dallas and graduated from my old high school. He was a senior while I was working there in Spring 2010. Wasn't so good in the classroom, but he sure could play basketball.

Archived