Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

He's not gonna take JHey's position. Like I told you in the PM, Heyward's down year was mostly the result of the shoulder injury he endured all season. It had an affect on his swing. Plus he was only 21. It's not at all uncommon for such a young player to go through growing pains early in their career. And if Heyward should struggle again, Costanza is more than capable of filling that role (he hit .303 last year). Stop worrying about Heyward and worry whether or not Strasburg can ever pitch 100 innings in the majors.:rotflmao:

I'm pretty sure ix is not a Nats fan. ;) But rather O's.

I'm pretty sure ix is not a Nats fan. ;) But rather O's.
Who the hell KNOWS who the guy is a fan of. One minute he's pimping the Padres. The next the Yankees. I can't keep up with who he roots for. All I know is he looks pretty silly dissing the Braves, when he doesn't even own up to who it is he cheers for.

At any rate Nats, O's..what's the difference.:ols:

The Australian Open is probably my least watched major. I'll catch a few sets depending on who's playing, and maybe like one match total. It's just kind of hard to get into tennis in the winter time for me.

I probably watch Wimbledon the most. For the most part I've just been chilling all day watching my man Tony Bourdain on Netflix. I can't get enough of that show. It definitely gives you that travel bug feeling.

I wish I had that ix money/schedule, where I could just say **** it and travel to Prague/Sao Paulo and hang out for a week. :ols:

Baller status.

btw, wake me up when Agassi and Sampras play each other again. Then I'll actually watch tennis. I had no clue there was a major tournament going on until I see all these posts about it today.
You missed out, man. It was actually a GREAT tennis match. One of the best I've ever seen. I had left the tv on espn2 (or whatever channel the match was on). Woke up around 8 or so and started watching. Couldn't turn it off. These guys were ballin'. They were still having a lot of long games, up until the very end. And they were still crushing their return shots. It was incredible. Truly, neither of these guys deserved to lose that match.

You missed out, man. It was actually a GREAT tennis match. One of the best I've ever seen. I had left the tv on espn2 (or whatever channel the match was on). Woke up around 8 or so and started watching. Couldn't turn it off. These guys were ballin'. They were still having a lot of long games, up until the very end. And they were still crushing their return shots. It was incredible. Truly, neither of these guys deserved to lose that match.

I just can't get into tennis. There are maybe a few good points per set. A 5-6 hour match can be wrapped up in about one minute worth of highlights. I'd rather watch that one minute than sit through 99% of nothing. Tennis is fine to play, just like golf. But I can't watch either. Unless, like I said, it's Sampras/Agassi. That was great stuff and I was always glued to my TV when they were head-to-head.

I just can't get into tennis. There are maybe a few good points per set. A 5-6 hour match can be wrapped up in about one minute worth of highlights. I'd rather watch that one minute than sit through 99% of nothing. Tennis is fine to play, just like golf. But I can't watch either. Unless, like I said, it's Sampras/Agassi. That was great stuff and I was always glued to my TV when they were head-to-head.
I understand what you're saying, but it wasn't the case with this one. Trust me. I can't even count the number of GREAT points there were just in the last hour or two I watched of it. It was HIGH drama, I'm telling you. These guys literally left it all out on the court. Not even exaggerating. Djokovic even collapsed after one long point.

Of course it also didn't hurt that they kept showing these guys' women in the stands (especially Djokovic's)...:hump:

I understand what you're saying, but it wasn't the case with this one. Trust me. I can't even count the number of GREAT points there were just in the last hour or two I watched of it. It was HIGH drama, I'm telling you. These guys literally left it all out on the court. Not even exaggerating. Djokovic even collapsed after one long point.

Of course it also didn't hurt that they kept showing these guys' women in the stands (especially Djokovic's)...:hump:

But it was the Australian Open. :ols: zzzzzzzzzzz

I'd at least understand if it was the French or Wimbledon.

Yeah I know, man. I would have thought the same thing, too, had I not watched. It was CRAZY good.

ya know, this back-and-forth we are having is exactly like someone who watches Lost (like me) trying to explain to someone who has never seen it that it is/was a great great show. People who haven't seen it and criticize it ("how long can a bunch of people be stuck on a ****ing island?! :ols:"), just don't know.

ya know, this back-and-forth we are having is exactly like someone who watches Lost (like me) trying to explain to someone who has never seen it that it is/was a great great show. People who haven't seen it and criticize it ("how long can a bunch of people be stuck on a ****ing island?! :ols:"), just don't know.

:ols:

I was one of those people. I finally decided to give it a shot about a year and a half ago. Blew.My. Mind.

:ols:

I was one of those people. I finally decided to give it a shot about a year and a half ago. Blew.My. Mind.

Yep me too. I laughed at a friend who watched it until she finally convinced me to get caught up between seasons 3 and 4. It was about two weeks before the season 4 debut and I watched seasons 1-3 on dvd in that two week span. I apologized to her and was an addict ever since.

Yep me too. I laughed at a friend who watched it until she finally convinced me to get caught up between seasons 3 and 4. It was about two weeks before the season 4 debut and I watched seasons 1-3 on dvd in that two week span. I apologized to her and was an addict ever since.

Saw every episode from the first one to the last one, in about 3-4 weeks. As a matter of fact, I watched the finale probably 3 or so weeks after it aired, so I was right on time.

Speaking of the finale, what a watershed moment, seeing Jack evolve from the Man of Science into the Man of Faith, with every episode still fresh in my mind, while other miserable ****s had to wait 5-6 months for the next season.

I honestly could not have waited for the final season. I would've chewed my fingers down to the bone in withdrawal, and subsequently been hauled off in a straitjacket to the nearest insane asylum, lol.

Saw every episode from the first one to the last one, in about 3-4 weeks. As a matter of fact, I watched the finale probably 3 or so weeks after it aired, so I was right on time.

Speaking of the finale, what a watershed moment, seeing Jack evolve from the Man of Science into the Man of Faith, with every episode still fresh in my mind, while other miserable ****s had to wait 5-6 months for the next season.

I honestly could not have waited for the final season. I would've chewed my fingers down to the bone in withdrawal, and subsequently been hauled off in a straitjacket to the nearest insane asylum, lol.

yeah I think it would have been better if I had gotten into even later. I had that wait between seasons for 5 and 6. It sucked watching one episode then having to wait another week. Watching them one after another like a long movie when I was catching up was great. Before season 6 started, I re-watched seasons 1-5, so maybe I'll re-watch the whole thing again soon.

60 Minutes covering Roger Goodell

How come everyone hates the guy for doing his job? This guy is a MAN of the people. I have said that many times. This 60 minutes piece reinforces my strong belief that Roger is a good man. He hung out at a Harlem barbershop and was willing to talk ball with the fans. He hangs around tailgates. The guy is probably at league venues like FedEx field most of the time mingling with the fans and taking input to improve his product. And this makes him a bad man how?

May I have your attention please. This is a very pressing matter, and it is my civic duty to educate you all immediately.

SNOW DOES NOT "STICK!!!!" SNOW LAYS on the ground. Snow is not sticky. It falls to the ground and LAYS there.

Anyone who says "the snow is really sticking" immediately loses ALL credibility with me; no matter how intelligent I thought they were before.

May I have your attention please. This is a very pressing matter, and it is my civic duty to educate you all immediately.

SNOW DOES NOT "STICK!!!!" SNOW LAYS on the ground. Snow is not sticky. It falls to the ground and LAYS there.

Anyone who says "the snow is really sticking" immediately loses ALL credibility with me; no matter how intelligent I thought they were before.

So "stick" (As far as snow is concerned) is your "utilize" (though I can't remember which one of our posters hates that word).

Archived